PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 04:29:03 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

SP2 causing problems????

Started by NikkiY,

Previous topic - Next topic

NikkiY

I have 30 "helper" programs and can't get ANY of them to work !!!!  Could it be the new Windows SP2??  I've tried shutting off JAVA....turning JAVA back on.....rebooting after each....nothing works !!!  I'm running Windows XP Pro, IE 6.

Most programs do nothing....Needful Ninja keeps starting new games but doesn't pop any balloons.  Any suggestions??????

Nikki

NikkiY

Came back to add the rest of information you ask for in order to help solve the problem and re-checked my color settings.  It was on 16 bit....set it to 32 bit and they work.  Sooooooooooooooo NEVERMIND.  <g>

N

admin

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

4Sho

Im having some problems with autos too, after I did the windows sp2. I checked to see if my color was on 16 but it wasn't set on 16. None of them will play right. Help please.

Homer

Please make sure to give as much information as you can when you have technical problems.

Here are some things that will help:

1) Operating system (Windows 98, 200, ME, XP etc)
2) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)
3) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)
4) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)
5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked
6) What Java you are using
7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program

You get the idea the more information the better 

marky03

the sp2 does put extra secujrity settings in. Atleast ti did for me. I dont know if that would be it tho  ???

gettysrevenge

I too had sp2 and got rid of it, it was more trouble than worth and the security settings are still set but no more of those awful pop ups for security reasons, it was really messing up my games and also my autos and helpers.  I have had no trouble since  so for me I stick with the ole style...  Getty ;)  I flirt

Homer

I have SP2 and have absolutely no problems with it. ;) My autos and everything works. :)

4Sho

ok sorry about that. Here is what I have.

1) Operating system (Windows  XP
2) Browser Internet Explorer
3) Color setting  32 bit
4) Screen resolution  1024x768
5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked, I'm not sure on where to find this.
6) What Java you are using, also not sure on where to find this info.
7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program. For WCS it will start playing but then stops or starts a new game, when there are moves to be made. Poppit, it will play but then stop after it clears the board and not start over.

If there is any thing you can tell me to fix this please let me know. Thank you for your time and help.

gettysrevenge

Quote from: Homer on October 01, 2004, 05:36:06 PM
I have SP2 and have absolutely no problems with it. ;) My autos and everything works. :)
Homer you always forget how computer illiterate I am and when I mess the computer up, I do such a fine job I have to call service to fix the thing lol  Getty who loves ya  the flirt  she bad

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview