PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:53:51 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Getting Redirect to a different site???

Started by joeyblow45634,

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyblow45634

Hi,  I was wondering if any one else is experiencing this problem or is it just me.   

In certian game links I get redirected to a whole new site that has nothing to do with pogo.  It diects me to some site that has to do with gary null.  The site links that does it to me is Fortune Bingo and  Insaniquarium. 

I'm using for a browser Mozilla fire fox.

badcrazygirl

Susannadanna

This has been happening to me today too.  I am also on Mozilla Firefox.  I click on a game and a window comes up for this Gary Null thing.  It happened to me with Word Whomp Whackdown and Showbiz Slots.

chetta

Same for me, i get the pogo main page up but when i try to play a game  i get this Gary's web page, and I'm using mozilla firefox as well

badcrazygirl

i just tried it and the game comes up fine and i use mozilla firefox try contacting pogo by email and tell them whats happening or go their FAQ section.

Homer

I would scan your sytems for spyware. Sounds like a browser hijack. ;)

I tried it and no problems here. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

joeyblow45634

I have done everything.

I sent  pogo a message in regards to this. Waiting for reply.

Did a spyware scan and nothing. Computer is clean.

Homer it doesn't do it all the time though. It's random for me. But a lot of the time I get that Gary null site. 

Strange I think

badcrazygirl

it could be something wrong with your server maybe have Internet security too high ?

Barbara

When I try to go to a Pogo room tonight I am told that the "page does not exist"  Very odd.

Susannadanna

I also did a scan for spyware with both Ad-Aware & Spybot Search & Destroy.  My system came out clean.
Something funny is going on here.  I've used Mozilla Firefox for months with no problems until today at Pogo.  Other than Pogo, Mozilla is running fine.
Like with others, this only happens randomly where I get this Gary Null site.

badcrazygirl

DEBKARLAR

Thisnamenottaken

well well well.... I had no clue as to what yall were talking about till last evening.... now I am getting it also....
when I try to go to a room in pogo I get Sorry, we could not find "null/room/connect.jsp?game=klondike&site..." your right it doesnt happen every time but becoming more and more frequent.....and no Im not typing in anything wrong.... I get to pogo just fine... pick a game and when I try to chose a room thats when I get that message.... the past couple of days Pogos home page and switching from games have taken a while I figured it was because of game day...... and no it doenst just happen on mozilla as I have IE6  this is very odd

Slayer32

mine comes up as a searcharoundthecorner   ( dont wanna post the whole website and be banned from this forum ) but its pretty stupid, its not juss pogo, its everything i go to. :'(

joeyblow45634

I sent pogo a message about this and this is what they had to say: 

Thank you for contacting Pogo.com Technical Support.

This most commonly happens to people who have created a bookmark or favorite to Pogo (even the homepage) We spread our pages across multiple servers and move them around constantly (that's how we support millions of players a month) so if you bookmark/favorite a page on Pogo one day, it could be moved somewhere else the next.

Please try deleting the Favorite or Bookmark you used, browse to Pogo normally, and see what happens.

If it does not help--------

I will need a little more information before I can figure out what might be going wrong. Can you take a 'screenshot' of your screen the next time this happens and send it to me? Then I can see what you're seeing, and that will help me get a good idea on where to start in troubleshooting this problem with you.

Hopefully that can fix it. I'm so tired of getting redirectred

bLue

I occassionly have this same problem with the "Gary Null" website.  In fact, my brand new computer did it too.  It's practically a virgin to the internet.  Well, it is doing it ONLY with Mozilla Firefox, and I've found if I close my browser and re-open it, it fixes the problem (atleast for a while).    ??? :P

admin

This is just a guess, but it may be a security feature in Firefox. It could be blocking the content that it is trying to launch, and then automatically doing a search for whatever the link is and taking you to the first result. Maybe try looking in the security settings of Firefox and see if you can turn them off/down temporarily, then check if you still have problems.

joeyblow45634

Here's an update on this.   

I went into WCS today to play and it was doing it  again. redirecting me to the site.  I was able to get screen shots to send.  I got  a reply back and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for contacting Pogo.com Technical Support.

We are looking into this issue. We believe it may be a temporary issue that may only be affecting certain rooms. So if you could reply with that following it may be helpful. In the mean time you may want to try picking a specific room until you find one that is not having the same problem.

So hopfully it will be foxed soon. I find it so annoying.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview