PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 09:21:25 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

sdmsg.exe

Started by playbuddyispogo,

Previous topic - Next topic

playbuddyispogo

i have windows 98 and when i boot my pc i get error message that sdmsg.exe file is missing can any1 help me with this? ;D

Homer

If you do a google search for the exe file you will get some info. I really didn't research it much but judging from some of the google results it looks like it is Trojan/Virus related. :-\

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

find it and i'm sure those are one of the files that you can download

Homer

Quote from: darkearthgoddess on October 13, 2004, 08:20:32 PM
find it and I'm sure those are one of the files that you can download

You should never download a exe file without knowing what it is first. Executable files can do irreparable damage to your pc. Always scan the files. :)

tassleholf

Excellent Advice .. I had to remove 7 Trojans / Worms / Virus from a friends Computer , and i can tell you it took nearly 2 days work , but they are gone now and they have thier computer back along with an earfull of ADVICE from me

badcrazygirl

My comp is clean of viruses now we need to just get rid of the adware and spyware
how would i get rid of svchost i got like four of those

Homer

Quote from: darkearthgoddess on October 14, 2004, 04:53:10 AM
My comp is clean of viruses now we need to just get rid of the adware and spyware
how would i get rid of svchost i got like four of those

I don't suggest getting rid of that. See below. It is part of the Windows OS. :)

Process File: svchost or svchost.exe
Process Name: Microsoft Service Host Process

Description:
svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Author: Microsoft Corp.
Part Of: Microsoft Windows Operating System

System Process: Yes
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: No
Common Errors: N/A

Security Risk (0-5): 0
Virus: No
Spyware: No

badcrazygirl

well how can i get rid of spyware and adware in the process task manager

DEBKARLAR

what's the name of spy/adware in task manager?

Dark always type in the file name in google to see WHAT it is if your not sure what it does!!

tassleholf

Most Spyware and Adware can be removed using Adaware and Spybot s/d .

You can also try using Hijackthis

I use these on a regular basis on all my machines ,  just to keep systems clean.

But there are specific removal programs for some spyware and browser hijackers and toolbar jackers.

Hope this helps you ..

Tass

badcrazygirl

where's the download link for hijackthis?

dallastx

unless your gonna let someone tell you what to delete from a hijackthis log,dont mess with that program unless you know what to delete from your registry...
if you go deleting everything that hijackthis shows as bad entrieswell your gonna find some of your software wont work anymore...shows alot of "false positives" i guess you could say...

if you go into msconfig(system configuration utility) you can uncheck that exe and keep it from running most likely all the time if its there...

badcrazygirl

o yeah don't wanna mess that up where can i find adaware the download in downloads.com don't work
how do i long on as an administrator i think thats why system restore won't display

Homer

If you don't have administrator rights over your pc you may not be able to access things like system restore or download programs like adaware.

tassleholf

Yeah sorry.

Hijackthis is a bit complicated unless you know what your doing.....

am i forgiven ?

Homer

I'll forgive you for an ice cold Duff. :P

badcrazygirl

well i gussi do because i've been downloading spwayre and adware for a long time

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview