This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

working link to upgrade windows xp2

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

chaser73065

Why wouldnt you just get this from windows. I ordered the free cd also just cause it was free.

chaser73065

Oh I see I work on puters for a living and I have one they will not let me reformat it and it will not run windows updates at all even from cd says you do not have permission.

badcrazygirl

chaser73065

Do you have a firewall installed besides windows stock firewall

badcrazygirl

chaser73065

Thats just one I ran into with a customer norton firewall shut the thing down

badcrazygirl

well i think it's either i accidently deleted a file or something got into it
anyway i think upgrading to sp2 might help i hope at least thats what superduckie said

chaser73065

One other thing I have had to do once and this is recomended by microsoft I am not trying to tear your puter up.
Click Start.
Choose Run.
In the Run box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll.
Click OK.

That turns something on that when it is off makes the page blank. But maybe the sp2 upgrade will be enough you will soon be able to tell because there are new updates bad security glitch.

badcrazygirl

okay it qorked but when it came up a popup came up saying your current security setting prohibit running ActiveX control on this page, as a result this page may not display correctly.
and my security settings are on medium low.

chaser73065

Set your settings back to default then you should be able to get through

badcrazygirl

chaser73065

I any thing else is a problem I am around the site alot just let me know the worst I can do is not know. :)

badcrazygirl

lol well my music players aren't well one is but it sucks i can play the music but it won't lemme play files from the internet

chaser73065

What media players are you using.
If you are using windows media player are you using version 10.

badcrazygirl

i'm using media player 9 because it wouldn't download media player 10 it said something about microsoft not trusting a file or something  realplayer 10 and windows media player 2 because that was already installed on my comp when i got it and it worked but it sucks.

chaser73065

Ill have to think on that one. I worked on puters all day and my brain is shot if I think of anything I will post it back in here.
Its time for bed now. :)

badcrazygirl

alrighty thanks a bunch much apreciate the help anyway will i lose my download of windows xp sp2 after i system restore?

chaser73065

if you restore to a prior point yes but then you can just re download it

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview