PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 09:26:20 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Connection Problems

Started by SoaringUSAEagle,

Previous topic - Next topic

SoaringUSAEagle

I dont know whats going on with my computer, but it said connection was slow or no connection was present at all.  I am on my moms computer upstairs  (We use the same internet service, but 2 different modems and whatnot) so this really leaves me to believe it's something with my computer.  I ran adaware and norton and found nothing.  So its not a virus causing this.  I tried running restore and that hasnt worked yet.

I think I have 2 options... format my computer or take it in and have it fixed (Since its under warranty it'll be free...)

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

- Jeff

SoaringUSAEagle

Goodness.... now I am on my computer.  I tried restore again and it says it cant be completed for some reason, which it doesnt say, so no changes have been made so it says, but here I am again.

I really do not know what is going on with this.  I may need to call my ISP monday and find out.

Any ideas are still welcome as I have none of what this could be.

Oh, one more thing.... I uninstalled windows service pack 2 and that connection one, but this all happened when those were both on here, so I know its not because I deleted them.

Homer

Maybe your ISP is having problems. Don't they have an 800 number to call?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SoaringUSAEagle

Quote from: Homer on October 16, 2004, 08:33:46 AM
Maybe your ISP is having problems. Don't they have an 800 number to call?

lol, yeah my Dad's office.  He said they are having IP issues... but how can it affect just my system and not my mom's?  That's what I dont understand.

I am back on my mom's computer right now... formatting my system to see what's going on.  And if it's still not working when I am done formatting, then I will have no choice but to call my Dad's office and see what we can accomplish... But this is frustrating.

- Jeff

Homer

Huh strange. Try deleting your network connection and making a new one. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

turn the modem off and then turn your computer off and then turn them both back on works for me when it disconnects and won't turn back on

SoaringUSAEagle

Thanks for the tip Homer... I realized that I had no LAN connection at all whatsoever... the little icon guy was gone and I ran my drivers CD to get it back... even after formatting the icon was not there.  But all is well.  I had some crap on here that I was glad to let go of... wish I would have saved a couple things but they are kinda old documents from this year that I have hard copies of.

I had a long weekend.  My moms printer decided to quit printing, and the driver for that, the one online and the CD did not work.  We went and got a new printer, same model, and it works fine.  Just spent two days with computer problems that weren't too hard to solve, just frustrating...

:)

Hope you all had a good weekend.  I just got in from bowling... 171 & 149

DEBKARLAR

Hope you all had a good weekend.  I just got in from bowling... 171 & 149
I used to carry a 161 Avg... had hi games 257,254 and a 578 series for 3 games

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview