Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Eagles Football!

Started by Barbara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt.Howdy

RC

I've gotten here a bit late, so I guess you've probably heard everything by now, especially if you watched the game.. and I know ya did! 

The fight you mentioned in the locker room was with, of all people, Hugh Douglas, who isn't even on the team. I know Hugh is still in the area and does some TV and radio spots and still has some good friends on the Eagles team.. but seriously, the Eagles cut him, why is he showing up in their locker room at all? I'm not putting blame on him, obviously it's all T.O., but a team cuts you and you hang around as if you're still on the team.. who does that?? Anyway, Hugh said there weren't any punches that landed, so I guess it's more of a scuffle.. but at least someone had some stones to stand up to the guy.. I can see why his teammates wouldn't want to though, they might end up looking like another T.O. for causing trouble.

He will get a call from Reid sometime during the week to see where things stand, and they've said T.O. needs to do one thing- apologize to the team.. does anyone see him doing that? You know if he does, he won't mean it, it'll just be so he won't lose more of his precious moola $$$. 

And ya know, even though they lost tonight, and only scored 10 points, they looked a lot more like a team than they have in more recent games, they had a lot of energy and worked hard throughout.. Donovan didn't even look like he had any kind of injury the way he was moving all over the place.. they just seem like a much happier group without the tumor that is T.O. The tumor's been removed, at least for now, and they are still in a recovery stage until they are completely healed.

CindyLouWho

This should be no surprise to anyone, but just announced on tv for whoever's interested, the big T.O. has been dumped.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Nov. 7, 2005 - In a press conference on Monday afternoon, Coach Andy Reid announced that Terrell Owens' career as an Eagle is over.

Owens will not return to the Philadelphia Eagles after he serves a four-game suspension, coach Andy Reid said Monday.

SaintHiρρo

I love it. It would be even better if The Eagles kept TO under contract and don't let him suit up or even come to the sidelines ever again. Sure they'll be paying him still but as long as he can't add any numbers to his career, it would be worth it!

CindyLouWho

Good idea.   I just hope the Ravens don't take him, goodness knows they could use him but they don't need to add any more problems to this disasterous season..lol

PogoNutz

It would be funny, I just don't think the Eagles would want to pay all that money just for a good laugh ;)

SaintHiρρo

When you think about it, he's not getting paid a lot. That's part of the reason he's upset. He feels he's not getting as much as some of the top receivers and since The Eagles don't redo contracts, he's been a pain in the arse this whole time. I'm done with TO and maybe next halloween, I'm dressing up as TO in a pink Eagles outfit. Might cost me a bit much but everyone would understand!

Go Cavs!

I dont get why Andy Reid just release him now and go to another team. He will get bored now without football.  ???

SaintHiρρo

That would be doing Owens a favor. It would be giving him what he wants. He wants either to get paid mad cash or be a cancer for his team. This way, he won't be on the field, he can't ruin the chemisty that's there right now, and he will be stuck doing nothing other than running his mouth and ruining any chance he has to make that major endorsement deal! If I was Andy Reid, I would just not play him the rest of his contract and by the time he's a unrestricted free agent, he will be slower and less desirable.

RC

"Owens was set to earn base salaries of $770,000 in 2006, $5.5 million in 2007, $6.5 million in 2008, $7.5 million in 2009, and $8.5 million in 2010."

If you kept Owens that long and never played him, first of all, he'd have to be on the roster cuz you can't suspend someone that long, so he'd be taking up a spot that someone else could be contributing with, second, you'd be paying over $28.7 million to someone for them not to play for you.. that is a lot of money that could be used in much better ways, i.e. signing better free agents, extending contracts of current players, etc. I didn't realize his salary for next season was a mere $770,000, that really isn't much in terms of a salary for a football player, esp. one like him (but he did sign this contract and knew ahead of time what it would mean).. it would be funny if they did eat that salary for next season and make him sit that whole year as well, and then dump him before the salary increases.. although that is highly unlikely since he is also due to receive a $5 million roster bonus in March 2006, so they are not gonna want to have to pay him that and keep him even longer.. so you can be sure he will be completely off the Eagles team before then, whether by trade (good luck to any team willing to do that) or by releasing him.

Kudos to Andy Reid and the Eagles organization for seeing that it could never get any better with this guy and doing the right thing by not bringing him back. It was worth the risk for a one year try at winning the Super Bowl, I just wish they didn't have to sign him for a whole 7 years to get it done.

pogohatesme

I think they should drag him out behind the clubhouse and beat the crap outta him.  You just don't go around disrespecting your team, your teammates, and your bosses like he has been doing.  They were stupid for signing him in the 1st place.

Mr. Rasputia

Congrats too you Coach Reid for getting rid of the cancer that was beginning to plague your team. I may not be a Eagle supporter, but your team will become more of a team due to his termination. By the way, good luck on your next game Eagle fans. >:D Get 'em Cowboys!!!

RC

Home game.. Monday night.. cancer-free.. getting revenge on the Boys... equals easy win for the Birds!  ;D

Mr. Rasputia

Man Owens has one h3ll of a poker face with his statement to the Eagles organization and their fans.

Homer

I loved the smirk when the reporter asked him has his agent done anything for him other than get him kicked off the team. :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harland

Umm, this will get me banned, (lol)  :P

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS

Eagles 10 Cowboys 31.

Homer

Quote from: harland on November 09, 2005, 04:31:28 PM
Umm, this will get me banned, (lol)  :P

[font=Verdana]HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS[/font]

Eagles 10 Cowboys 31.

Bite Me!  :P

harland

Homer

harland

ive been saying that all day. think im making fellow co-workers mad. oh well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview