This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Basketbrawl

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Congratulations Detroit! You are now officially the worst sports fans. People want to give Philly a lot of crap about the behavior of their fans but this incident beats anything Philly fans have done by a longshot. Simply inexcusable behavior. Is this the kind of conduct that is becoming more acceptable? I hope not. The players need to be suspended big time and the fans that were guilty in participating should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. :-\

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bigbear78

OMG that was bad.   I think the players should be baned for LIFE, that is uncalled for.

Did anyone see the Footbrawl today?

Homer

DrummerDude

I heard that a girls (freshmen) high school basketball coach took his team to that game as a reward for their season.
Turned out to be some reward huh?
As for the football brawl, I really hope the players realize that was Lou Holtz's last game as a coach and that was NO WAY to show respect for such a legendary coach in his last game.
This really makes ya wonder if going to sporting events or buying jerseys and supporting your favorite player is worth it anymore.

Homer

Well Artest will have plenty of time to promote his rap album now. :P Should be banned for life. :-\

BadgeHelpBill

OK, Here's my take as a huge Pacer fan who watched it live and resident of Indy...

I love Artest's talent, but he is a PR nightmare. I have watched O'Neals incredible work ethic. He is very tough and is a great competitor. No one works harder night after night. Steven Jackson is a relative unknown to our organization, but the fans are very supportive of him since he is slated to replace Reggie Miller as our shooter.

Now, on to the incident. You almost have to look at it as 3 separate instances...
1.) Artest's hard foul and Wallace's response
2.) Artest and Jackson going up into the stands
3.) The Piston fans going out on the floor and the Pacer's response

1.) Wallace should have gotten suspended for more games, since he started it all. The foul was hard, but not flagrant. Wallace was just mad about the score. Artest showed AMAZING restraint at first and then AMAZING immaturity.
2.) You MUST be able to maintain a certain level of professionalism at all times. It is NEVER acceptable to punch your customers. Period. Normal security measures would have prevented this. Security could have prevented Artest from reaching the fans and vice versa.
3.) Again, I must hold the Piston's organization initially at fault here. Normal security measures would hace prevented fans from coming on the floor. However, it is NEVER acceptable to punch your customers. Artest has got to be able to walk away from someone calling him names.

Artest deserved what he got. You NEVER punch your customers.
Jackson and O'Neal earned their suspensions
Ben Wallace should have been suspended for more games.
I do not know the reasonings of the NBA for the other 1 game suspensions.

The opinions relected in this post are not necessarily the opinions of this website, the Pacers, the NBA, and especially not the Detroit fans (hee hee hee).

DrummerDude

Artest showed how truly immature he is on the today show this am when he said oh I'm sorry...by the way my rap cd comes out today...real sincere huh?
They also had one of the fans who were involved on a show and while they were sitting there with their lawyer, looking like the 'innocent victim' the replays clearly showed he was at fault for getting into it...oh yah he also has a rap sheet a mile long.

pstmrk1

And talk about something funny

Indy Colts play at DETROIT tomorrow on Thanksgiving........

Homer

DEBKARLAR

Bill, The 1 game Suspends are for leaving the bench

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview