Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

new internet and DSL

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

badcrazygirl

Yay in a few days i am getting a new internet service and DSL i'm so happy to ditch AOL :) i'm gonna try netzero see if thats any good like it says it is. Its 9.95 for the regular netzero platinum and 14.95 for the Netzero HiSpeed.

badcrazygirl

I am so glad to be AOL lets all do the happy ditch dance lol. ;D

Homer

lol ::)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

fatkid

Don't even bother with netzero...  Netzero doesn't support broadband internet as far as I know...  The highspeed thing is a joke... Just a bunch of crap advertising to get you to pay more for some half-assed attempt to make cached web pages load faster... All it does is crap up your harddrive with a bunch of junk you don't want or need...
:P
If you are getting dsl line and modem installed in your house then you don't need to pay for another ISP (internet service provider)... Your dsl provider should be the only ISP that you need... Who is it that is installing the dsl line?

SirS Club

badcrazygirl

o ty fatkid lol what internet is good though ? and cheap lol

fatkid

When I lived in Nashville for us the person that put the DSL modems in was Bellsouth as well... Now I use comcast as my cable tv provider and they are also my ISP for my cable internet connection... So who is the company that you were having come over to install your dsl line for you?  That's probably the same company that will be your ISP as well...
Also good broadband companies very from area to area... In Nashville bellsouths DSL was the way to go because it was cheaper than Comcast cable internet and ran faster than it too... Now out here at school Comcast is much faster than the DSL providers and it's all the same price... So really for your area the prices can vary depending on who the providers are...  Just do a little research on the net for who provides what in your area and yuo can find yourself the best deal...

fatkid

Wow... Usually if you live out in the country and have a cable ISP it rocks the nuts out of any dsl service because there aren't as many people on it as in the BigCity...  ???  Weird... Maybe EVERYONE just decided to use the cable instead of dsl...  The satelite internet really isn't a good deal unless you have your house wired for it and are already purchasing satelite tv...  Then it also does go out when it rains to hard or snows too much (No the wind does not effect the signal like the cable companies would have you believe)...  I've had digital cable and satalite tv and I'd have to say in my opinion I liked my satalite tv experience a lot more than the digital cable... I've also enjoyed using cable internet alot more than dsl (also dsl depends on the kind you get; whether it be sdsl or adsl)...  Though one interesting fact about cable and dsl speeds are the speeds the frequencies are able to get to... DSL (in theroy) can attain speeds of ~15gigabits per second and cable frequencies are (in theroy) able to reach speeds of ~10gigabits per second... I always thought cable was actually a faster mode of data transmission, but appearently I was wrong... :-X

And finally I'm posting this link because I still can't get over the fact that DJ is using AOHell... It's one of the better comentaries on recent AOL news...  ;)
Cool idea... But I think they are really grasping at straws...
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Jan/gee20040122023548.htm

My favorite line from the article is this...
"What AOL fails to understand is that most of the stuff it offers, people can already do on the 'Net. Sure, it isn't all in one place, but that is what bookmarks are for."

Homer

badcrazygirl

Homer

You sure spend alot of time sitting on your hands. LOL ;)

badcrazygirl

sry i copied and pasted it i didnt think it do that just copy and past the whole text in ure search bar if u wanna look at it

fatkid

Hey girl... I don't know if you realize but MSN is no different than AOL in terms of not being your ISP for your broadband internet...
Read the disclaimer on the page
"MSNĀ® Plus and MSNĀ® Premium Internet Software do NOT include Internet access."
If you are staying with dial-up we had MSN for awhile and liked it a lot...  But for broadband don't worry about getting MSN or AOL or Netzero or any other of those services...
Really you should just stick with your dsl or cable provider to be your ISP... I know its scary to not have AOL or MSN to help you surf the 'net...  I switched to the "real" internet back when AOL was in v2.5 - 3.0... But I promise the "real" internet is so much more fun and exciting :)

badcrazygirl

So if i like have DSL i can use IE for my internet provider?

Homer

No. The people installing your dsl will be your internet service provider. IE is just a browser used to access the internet.

badcrazygirl

ooooooooooooooo  ::) lol sry i had dail-up for so long but in 5 days i can get rid of the stupid dail-up

badcrazygirl

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview