PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 10:17:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone know anything about printers??

Started by S113H,

Previous topic - Next topic

S113H

If someone could help me with this I would really really appreciate it!! I'm using an HP pcs1100 and I'm having a problem with the way my photos look when I print them, they are brand new cartridges and the scanned picture looks fine but the colors are coming out wrong, for example a picture of my daughter is showing red hair but she has blonde hair and the background is supposed to be a darker blue and looks like teal. I just talked to another person who gave me instructions on how to fix the problem but it did not help at all. I've tried using different papers, aligning the cartridges removing the cartridges, cleaning them (on the contacts and also with the clean cartridge feature on the printer. I also printed a test page which looked fine its just pictures that aren't turning out right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer,  I have not changed any of the factory settings on the printer. I have talked to 5 different people through the HP Chat and none of there suggestions worked to fix the problem. The ink is not faded the colors are actually much brighter than they should be and not the color which is showing up in the scan. I have tried using 4 different types of photo paper and using different paper setting 1 thing that a worked a little was when I used a glossy paper but set the paper type to transparency, the colors were closer to the scan/original picture than with any other paper setting but It was very dark. This happened to me the last time I put in new cartridges but I do not remember what I did to fix the problem.

These are the fixes that were suggested to me that did not work: ( I did everything listed on the sites)
Gary
I suggest you remove the cartridges and perform the follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:

1.   Verify that the unit is switched on.  Unplug the all-in-one from
     power and disconnect the connection port.
2.   Wait 30 seconds.
3.   Plug in the power only.
4.   Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5.   On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect
     the connection port from the all-in-one to your computer.
6.   Restart your computer and check the functionality.

Shawn
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpu02176

Shawn
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpu00699

Kathy
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpu00657

Alexis
Try adjusting the print settings so that they match the project being worked on. Enter the Printer Properties by selecting the Start button, go to Settings then Printers. Right-click the Officejet T Series Printer icon. Select Properties from the menu that pops up. Check the Print Quality setting in the Setup tab of the Print Settings dialog box and try using a higher print quality (Normal or Best) for your project. To increase color the color intensity change the setting in the Color tab of the Print Settings properties to MANUAL, and then click Options and drag the Intensity indicator to the right to add more color to the printout.

Alexis
2.Turn on/off image color matching (ICM). The ICM checkbox is also found in the Color section of the Printer Driver Properties Dialog window. Add or remove a checkmark, then select OK. Print a sample to see if the adjustments produce the desired effect.

Alexis
3.Make sure the proper paper type is being used. If the paper you are using is too fibrous, the ink applied by your printer may not fully cover the print surface. Make sure you are using a paper that is appropriate for your HP Officejet and the job you are trying to do.

Homer

I don't know much about HP printers but you should be able to find help on HP's website. O0

I have an Epson printer and this is how I calibrate my printer.

Go to your printers folder.

Right click the printer
Left click printing preferences
Click the utility tab and you should be able to print test pages etc to help calibrate your printer

That's how mine works. Hope this helps. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview