PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 12:53:42 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

aw phooey!

Started by kotraquin,

Previous topic - Next topic

kotraquin

I only have a 700mb disk and the stuff I want to put on it is 717 mb's

Homer

What are you burning? If your burning mp3's sometimes you can decrease the pause time between tracks and that might give you the space you need. I use Nero and the default is for a 2 second interval between tracks. You can manually set it to 0 seconds. ;D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

i have an mp3 player i use Winmx software to download my mp3 songs its free also.

KittyKat

i got an mp3 the screen is cracked, its missing a screw and i have to hold the battery back thingy on with a rubber band  ;D dont worry im saving up for a new one

SirS Club

thats good to know kitty, and you can always reduse the quality of the transfer to 96 to save room

fatkid

Get a 40gig IPod... Those things friggin' rock...

KittyKat

yea right my friend got a 10 Gig and that cost $299

fatkid

It's one of the best deals for mp3 players right now...

15 gig DellDJ - $249 USD
15 gig Apple iPod - $299 USD
20 gig Apple iPod - $399 USD
40 gig Apple iPod - $499 USD

Now you can save $50 and get the DellDJ but when you compare specs the Apple iPod just blows the DJ out of the water... The DJ only supports USB 2.0... Instead the iPod supports both USB 2.0 and Firewire400... The DJ supports Mp3, WAV, and WMA formats... iPod supports Mp3,  VbMp3, WAV, and ACC...  Plus with the iPod you get instant synchronization with iTunes music player... IMO it's the best bang for you buck when it comes to mp3 players...

kotraquin

it's a .mpg file and DJ this comp has a 120 gig HD. with over 80 gigs free so space isn't a problem at this time.
my Dad wanted  to watch it on a TV instead of this computer screen.

SirS Club

well thats the reason why, you will need to reduce the pause between tracks and lower the transfer quality if you want all info on that disk

badcrazygirl

wow i got mine at walmart for 79.95 lol its a tech100 GPX.

fatkid

Too bad... The DJ is wrong... You can watch Mpeg on your TV... (btw DVD format in its rawest form is mpeg4)...  You create what is called a VCD or SVCD (video cd and super video cd)... With the VCD you can then play it in almost every dvd player created within the past 4 years...

Kotraquin, does your cd burner support over-burning?  If you use Nero Burning Rom (v6.3 is the best burning software known right now, hands down... There is NOTHING better) you can actually burn just over 720mbs on a cd-r as long as the burner that you have supports over-burning (normal cd-rs are 704mbs)...  If you need more help you can go to --
http://www.vcdhelp.com/

They have the most excellent tutorials on how to create vcds from avi files, mpegs, and from DVD encrypted files (CSS/VOB files)... Also if you can't over-burn the cd then vcdhelp.com also has all the tools and tutorials needed to split avi and mpeg files in half so you could put the file on 2 disks instead of one...  Hope this sends you in the right direction...  :)

Sorry to prove you wrong DJ...  ;)
You learn something new every day, right!

badcrazygirl

fatkid

kotraquin

our dvd player can play

(1) DVD-Video, DVD-R (DVD-Video compatible)
(2) CD-Audio (CD-DA)
(3) Video CD
(4) CD-R/CD-RW (CD-DA, Video CD formatted discs)
(5) MP3
Maximum number of tracks and groups recognizable: 999 tracks
and 99 groupsĀ§
Compatible compression rate: between 32 kbps and 320 kbps

i have nero5 and nope no overburning
btw thanks for the link

SirS Club

fatkid

Kotraquin, as long as you can play mp3s you should be able to play vcds and svcds... They are all based on the mpeg compression starting from mpegs, then to mp2s, mp3 and now mp4s... (mp stands for mpeg)... So if your dvd player supports mp3s then vcds should work just fine...

SirS Club

fatkid can you pm with more details about that info

fatkid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview