PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:52:02 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Discussion

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on Pogo.

What are your likes or dislikes?
Are you a club member? If not why?

If you could get Pogo to change something what would it be?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

DEBKARLAR

I like it b/c  I can chat with other people
I dislike it b/c I have less time to Visit other websites <-----Addiction
Pogo needs a Strip poker game for Adults

Homer

:o Don't think your gonna get your wish TWG. LOL

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

LadyMystik

What are your likes or dislikes? Love the badges and the Club Pogo exclusive games. Dislike worrying about being caught using autos (unless you're taking something from someone, like a jackpot, why bother people about how they win their badges)

Are you a club member? If not why? Of course! "Welcome (my name here), member since September 2001."

If you could get Pogo to change something what would it be? A badge marathon. There was a topic about this, where I'd posted a letter I sent to Pogo a while ago. I guess this wouldn't really be a change, but it would make a cool event. As for a real change, see my answer above :)

Lunnah

love the little badges.
dont like that there are different prices for the club pogo ( may be a bit petty but .. what the hell)
want them to get their act together and fix some probs that arise often.
think we should be able to catch up on as many badges as we want.. hell we pay for our subscription so shouldn't it be up to us what we want to do with OUR account?
I WANT 58MILLION TOKIES LIKE THAT GUY WHO SIGNED UP WITH POGO 6 MON AGO!!
and i think they should start a support group for us junkies! lol
and set some realistic goals for the badges.. been playin one game for months and havn't seem to gotten any closer to the badge goal... sheesh!! 
all in all.. i have to say that pogo got me through one of the most trying times in my life. this past july my father died suddenly and unexpected and in my chair glued to the pogo site is where i sat for a month or so.. so i have to give them that.   O0

Annajume

I like Pogo very much esp now that it is getting to be winter and I am not an outdoor person, so indoors all winter playing pogo...lol. Yes I am a club member. O0

What I don't like about some of the pogo games is how hard it is to get badges. Like Pop Fu and Word Whomp, you don't get a badge until the very end. Why isn't there a badge at least half way through to give some incentive to keep going. I have given up on both these games. Also Majong is insane, I play and play and get only 1% at a time. Thats just ridiculous! >:(

I used to play bingo, and yes I did share, didn't see no harm in it but now pogo has tighten the reigns so much I don't play that any more either. :(

I don't use cheat programs and I don't care if other ppl do, to each his own, but sometimes I think pogo makes it harder to get badges cause they know ppl cheat or it is the other way around and ppl cheat cause pogo has made it hard to get them badges. Maybe there is a middle ground and pogo could ease up on how long it takes to get a badge. :-

I do agree that we are paying for this and we should be allowed to get our badges when we want.

Anyway, gonna get plugging away at them badges and hope pogo changes something, anything would be good......lol ;D

Lostdarksoul

What are your likes? Love getting the badges and to socialize with all my friends, most I can do here, if you check out the Happy Thanksgiving forum you can see my friend and I were socializing ;)

What are your dislikes? I hate it when Pogo goes down

Are you a club member? Yes, I am a club member, and if I wasn't, Word Riot would still be here, lol, saying if Word Riot was here i'd never be a club member :P

If you could get Pogo to change something, what would it be? I'd love for Pogo allow us to change our sns from annoying stalkers.

iluvbadges

i like the stinking little badges the tokens i dont care about.
more or less like bragging rights i guess,i got more badges than you kind of thing.
patiently waiting on a new game to come out with badges.

the platinum badge for www is upcoming according to a pogo employee i chat with.

LadyMystik

Quote from: Lostdarksoul on November 25, 2004, 03:13:06 PM
Are you a club member? Yes, I am a club member, and if I wasn't, Word Riot would still be here, lol, saying if Word Riot was here i'd never be a club member :P

Word Riot? I haven't played that in so long!!! I hadn't even noticed it was gone! pfft!  :'(

Lostdarksoul

Oh my Gosh! How can you forget about the greastest thing since sliced bread? :'( ??? :-\

DrummerGirl

I like the variey of games that pogo offers, and I do like the badges and such.

However....... I SO VERY MUCH HATE PETITIONS....I used to enjoy the challenges, albeit some were foolishly easy to get, but since the petition went to pogo about the thousands of club members wanting to have as many personal challenges as they like, I have noticed that the challenges have gotten more difficult to achieve in one or two days. Now...I know that a challenge is indeed just that...a challenge, but I now find myself (if I really like that particular badge offered) spending endless hours working for one badge, in a game that I may not particularly like, and I have no other time to play the games I simply enjoy. I work full time in a stressful job, and I like to relax to play games that I like and enjoy on my time off, not spend every waking moment trying to win a badge...so I now say to Hell with it, I hardly play pogo anymore <<sigh>> Its as though pogo is saying to all the petitioners..."ohhhhh too much time on your hands huh???" "HERE....try to win these badges now, spend all your time on those and shut up"....thank you petitioners...when will you learn that you can't have everything you want, and petitions often result in less favorable results  :-\

Just my opinion....

DrummerGirl

Scarlett

Quote from: Homer on November 20, 2004, 04:37:04 PM

Likes:  Love the variety of games and the dream of prizes even though I never win:) it's been wonderful to be able to chat and play the games.

Club Member yes only recently but been playing since 2002.

If I could get them to change anything it would be to make the game badges easier to earn.  1000's of rounds becomes a pain and the game loses it's charm after so long when you are trying for a badge.  I wish they'd quit nitpicking about Macros if they aren't causing us to win prizes what's the problem? 

CartmenX

Quote from: Scarlett on November 27, 2004, 07:42:33 PM
Quote from: Homer on November 20, 2004, 04:37:04 PM

Likes:  Love the variety of games and the dream of prizes even though I never win:) it's been wonderful to be able to chat and play the games.

Club Member yes only recently but been playing since 2002.

If I could get them to change anything it would be to make the game badges easier to earn.  1000's of rounds becomes a pain and the game loses it's charm after so long when you are trying for a badge.  I wish they'd quit nitpicking about Macros if they aren't causing us to win prizes what's the problem? 

exactly i was complaining about how people are too concerned about others in a chat today and how they need to be up in everyone elses buisiness i got many replys by the means of " I pay money to see this? i could just go into a free chat room for this garbage "

Oh well tho not like i care much about what they think ::)

Hevenleigh

What are your likes or dislikes? I like the badges, chatting, and of course the games! I don't like that you can only do 1 personal challenge a week, that mahjong takes so dang long to progress through(2400 winning games total ,regardless of which level you play on, to get the last badge), and the bugs that pogo doesn't seem to know hot to fix - like losing badge progress. I just lost 4 ranks in panda poker, went down from 44 to 40 tonight. Those 4 ranks took 8 long hard hours of my auto's work.....right down the drain! And yes, I reloaded the game about 10 times trying to get them back.

Are you a club member? If not why? Yes, I am a club pogo member. I have been a member of pogo since 1998, but only recently joined club pogo. I was actually a guide for pogo for almost 2 years, back before EA took over and got rid of the old guide program.  But don't worry, im not a narc or a spy for pogo....I use auto's just as much as anyone else here. I quit playing on pogo for about 2-3 years because i was so mad that they got rid of the guide program. The old guide program would never ban/boot someone just on the opinion of a snitch either.

If you could get Pogo to change something what would it be? Bring back word riot! And fix all those dang bugs. And have personal challenge marathons atleast once a month!

Bubbaslots

I'm a pogo junkie to lol. I useally spend 16 hours a day on it. I'm a club member also

what i like is
all the people you can chat with
badges are all right

what i hate is

you can't even change your sign in name at least once
people ratting you out because of auto
the anual shut down and when they come back..its worse than before
i herd that you have to pay a anual fee for the club pogo.(is that true) if so that sucks. You think it would be just one payment thats it.
they are getting crazy with the badges.(before it would take a few hours to get but now you have to win alot more games)

You know what i would actually love. This is not a$$ kissing but i'm soooooo very glad for this site. Everyone is nice and willing to help you and the service for the auto's are great. Man all these auto programs are just mind blowing. If i knew that much about computers. I would build my own game site and put pogo out of bussiness lol. Does anyone know out there if pogo makes money besides club membership. Do they get paid by every time their site gets visited. I know they got sponsers and  they pays the jackpot. I'm just curioues of the business side

AttaGirl42

:o I wish Pogo had a home page type of link on the main pogo page. Something we could click on and see our ranks in all games without having to sign into each specific game.
I know we can go to Badge Central to check badges in all the games, but sometimes I don't remember where I'm at in a game and if I want to set an auto up for a couple of hours, I want to make sure it's a game that I'm not close to getting a badge in as then the auto doesn't run since the badge notification window is open. I guess I'm a little lazy, huh? LOL

I also wish pogo had a little shortcut in all badge and rank games that we could click to find out how many whatever till next rank instead of waiting till we finsish a round. Like in Phlinx, I haven't found anything I can click on to see how many till next rank without finishing the four sets. I know in PPP, I can click on the anchor and other games have little places also.

I also would like to see Pogo do something more with their friend's list. For example, when someone tries to add you to their friend's list, a notification pops up or comes to our pogo mail asking permission. I know lots of snitches and crybabies love to add suspected auto users so they can follow them around and keep tabs on them. Asking permission first would prevent that.

Well, I suppose I've added more than my two cents worth now! :)

I love this site!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!

Leigh Ann

beachbabe

Yes I am a club member.
what I like about pogo...?
I like the personal challenges. Im glad they made that change and kept the special editon badges  as they are.
what i would like to see them change ( top 2o)
1.  I would love to be able to keep my badges and change my user name.
2.  I would like to be able to block people from my friends list if i dont want them to see me online at pogo.
3.  I would like them to not share my stats with the room wo permisson.
4. I would like a boot button if i dont want to play with someone.
5. I would like better customer service about complaints about abusive players.
6. i would like better customer service about technical problems.
7. if pogo messes up my badges i would like for them to recover my loss progress ( customer is always right?) if i claim i lost progress due to server crash honor it)
8. I would love more group challenges but differant than the one they had last time.. i would like for us to be able to join a team.
say gals against the boys .
9. I would like more smileys on pogo
10. i would like them to get rid of the red type from people on my friends list.
11. I would like them to allow more personal challenges than 1 pc a week. maybe a reasonable get 5 pc's once per month
12.  I would like them to have less downtime due to server glitches or maintance
13. I would like them to allow us to make better use of our tokens.. the current cash in is lame.
14. I would like better pogo gear store.
15. I would like them to reward members who have been members with a pogo mug or something to say thanks
i know people who have been members of pogo and havent gotten anything.
16.  I would like them to have an online pogo staff member that can be reached by phone or im
17. I would love more  card games.
18 I would like the game badges not to take forever.
19. I would like to see a pogo pal in every room or at least be able to see them online.
20. tournaments  i would like to see pogo hold a tournament and award a badge
ok i swore to keep my changes to 20. lol

LadyMystik

Quote from: beachbabe on November 29, 2004, 07:09:47 PM
15. I would like them to reward members who have been members with a pogo mug or something to say thanks
i know people who have been members of pogo and havent gotten anything.

They have once in a while. We got stickers a little while ago  :)

c154377

ok i know ea will never go for this but there are some of us out there who are RPG nuts if they would make some rollplaying games they might get more players but i dont see it happening :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview