PlayBuddy
October 03, 2024, 04:24:24 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

More PC problems then I know what to do with?????

Started by Lywarior1,

Previous topic - Next topic

Lywarior1

Hiya;
Ok here's the problem I brought a used laptop it was about 5 years old or so the pc guy says. I downloaded into it some old DOS games about a dozen of them. One of these games overrode my C drive to the point that the computer said that the c drive wasn't there anymore. So the pc guy had to format and reload the windows program. Cost me $90, here's my ? One are those old pc games worth downloading into my system or am I gonna have the same problem? Two is there a way to download the games without puting them on my hard drive and into my DOS system. Like would downloading them on a floppy disk work and not downloading them on the hard drive because I don't want them to override the c drive again and I have to reload the windows program.  The pc is a pen2 129megs of ram it's running win2000
Thanks

Surfdown

Quote from: Lywarior1 on November 30, 2004, 11:47:08 AM
Hiya;
Ok here's the problem I brought a used laptop it was about 5 years old or so the pc guy says. I downloaded into it some old DOS games about a dozen of them. One of these games overrode my C drive to the point that the computer said that the c drive wasn't there anymore. So the pc guy had to format and reload the windows program. Cost me $90, here's my ? One are those old pc games worth downloading into my system or am I gonna have the same problem? Two is there a way to download the games without puting them on my hard drive and into my DOS system. Like would downloading them on a floppy disk work and not downloading them on the hard drive because I don't want them to override the c drive again and I have to reload the windows program.  The pc is a pen2 129megs of ram it's running win2000
Thanks

So your laptop is 129mb ok most of the old games will fit on there nice if you are running out of space i would do a fdisk to see if you have any bad sectors on the hardrive first if you know how sounds to me more like a bad drive then running out of space also which games are you saveing on to the hardrive?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview