PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:51:27 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Snitches and busybodies

Started by ItsyBitsy,

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsyBitsy

Last night I left my Turbo 21 on overnight but I changed room before going to bed at 3 am.
When I woke up this morning I had a "lovely"  message from a SNITCH.   >:(
The title of the email was "Running Auto",  and the message was " You have been reported to Ea and Pogo ".  Short and sweet.
Dont these people have anything better to do?

Well, I am not waiting for Pogo to ban or block me.  However, dont they have to verify that I am running auto before banning or blocking my account since that snitch may just be a troublemaker and make fake reports.  My winning percentage is just over 50%.  If the snitch tried to say wtg or chat............. I dont chat on Turbo 21.  Too fast a game.  If they say I played too many games overnight, hey I cannot sleep after all those turkey meals. lol

Barbara

You ran turbo overnight without a break?  I sincerely hope that you don't get your account blocked or banned.  As for the turkey "keeping you up all night" You might want to rethink that one as an excuse.  The amino acid found in turkey, triptophan causes sleep, not prevents it.  How many hours did you run your auto unattended?

Hevenleigh

I don't know how pogo goes about situations like this, but turbo isn't the best game to run an auto on, alteast unattended, because of the high scores list and the flashing. I hope it works out for ya tho, i wish people would just mind their own biz...

admin

If you do really want to leave your auto on all night, I'd recommend using RoomRover. It can be set to stop any auto you are running after a certain period of time, or change to a new room.

ItsyBitsy

Quote from: Barbara on November 27, 2004, 10:06:56 AM
You ran turbo overnight without a break?  I sincerely hope that you don't get your account blocked or banned.  As for the turkey "keeping you up all night" You might want to rethink that one as an excuse.  The amino acid found in turkey, triptophan causes sleep, not prevents it.  How many hours did you run your auto unattended?

Its the pie. lol
Anyway, I went to bed at 3am in the morning.  So it is not like I left it overnight from 10pm. 

Barbara

Good luck!  Serioulsy, room rover sounds perfect for you!  Mmmm, pie!

DEBKARLAR

Quote from: Pcheats on November 27, 2004, 10:34:04 AM
If you do really want to leave your auto on all night, I'd recommend using RoomRover. It can be set to stop any auto you are running after a certain period of time, or change to a new room.
would it stop popbuddy? and restart it in another room?

admin

I'm not sure.. you could give it a try and see, though.  :)

Scarlett

.  The amino acid found in turkey, triptophan causes sleep, not prevents it. 

Not for everyone:)  Turkey doesn't make me sleepy at all:)  Depends on your chemistry:)

As for the busy bodies I know Pogo might appreciate them, but to me unless you work for Pogo someone sitting around viewing peoples stats just to get them into trouble are worse than anyone using an auto could ever be.  I see those snitches as vermin.  They are doing the very same thing those people used to do on AOL that would bombard your computer with IM's until your computer shut down.  They are kicking you off by Pogo's own rules and Pogo is allowing it.  Even with AOL you get a warning if they think you've done something wrong.  These people should be in just as much trouble as anyone using an Auto.

Dream Faerie

Quote from: ItsyBitsy on November 27, 2004, 10:01:26 AM
Last night I left my Turbo 21 on overnight but I changed room before going to bed at 3 am.
When I woke up this morning I had a "lovely"  message from a SNITCH.   >:(
The title of the email was "Running Auto",  and the message was " You have been reported to Ea and Pogo ".  Short and sweet.
Dont these people have anything better to do?

Well, I am not waiting for Pogo to ban or block me.  However, dont they have to verify that I am running auto before banning or blocking my account since that snitch may just be a troublemaker and make fake reports.  My winning percentage is just over 50%.  If the snitch tried to say wtg or chat............. I dont chat on Turbo 21.  Too fast a game.  If they say I played too many games overnight, hey I cannot sleep after all those turkey meals. lol

Let us know what happens. I would like to know if you have been blocked or banned. :(

Homer

Quote from: TokenWhiteGuy on November 27, 2004, 11:39:41 AM
Quote from: Pcheats on November 27, 2004, 10:34:04 AM
would it stop popbuddy? and restart it in another room?

I don't have popbuddy but it might work as long as you leave the auto running. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ItsyBitsy

Quote from: Scarlett on November 27, 2004, 12:20:29 PM
.  The amino acid found in turkey, triptophan causes sleep, not prevents it.

Not for everyone:)  Turkey doesn't make me sleepy at all:)  Depends on your chemistry:)

As for the busy bodies I know Pogo might appreciate them, but to me unless you work for Pogo someone sitting around viewing peoples stats just to get them into trouble are worse than anyone using an auto could ever be.  I see those snitches as vermin.  They are doing the very same thing those people used to do on AOL that would bombard your computer with IM's until your computer shut down.  They are kicking you off by Pogo's own rules and Pogo is allowing it.  Even with AOL you get a warning if they think you've done something wrong.  These people should be in just as much trouble as anyone using an Auto.

Hahaha, this particular snitch was so free that he not only reported to Pogo but took the time to send me an email , telling me that he reported me to pogo for using auto. 

ThisIsntMyPogoName

My winning percentage is 12% so I really don't think I have anything to worry about.  And I had mine running all last night and all day today.   ;)

Jeffer

There are a lot of busybodies in pogo.  A lot of them don't even seem to play.  In addition to the cautions already provided by others I would recommend that you monitor rooms before you auto them. I know for a fact that there are many rooms in t21 where the wtg's are a test rather than an actual congratulation...  Run an auto in a room and watch it for an hour.  See what happens.

Better yet, Room Rover seems like an excellent option.  will be giving it a try here tonight...

Scarlett

Quote from: Jeffer on November 27, 2004, 04:33:27 PM
There are a lot of busybodies in pogo.  A lot of them don't even seem to play.  In addition to the cautions already provided by others I would recommend that you monitor rooms before you auto them. I know for a fact that there are many rooms in t21 where the wtg's are a test rather than an actual congratulation...  Run an auto in a room and watch it for an hour.  See what happens.

Better yet, Room Rover seems like an excellent option.  will be giving it a try here tonight...

I made a guy mad the other night.  Although I was using an auto I am right by the computer so I can see if my programs shut down or have problems and he made a similar WTG comment followed by the various cheater comments not directly to me, but at the room in general.  I figured he was looking to start trouble, so I finally posted a reply that said, "Just because I don't want to chat means nothing.  Gaming and chatting don't exactly mix.  How can you play well if you are chatting?  I don't know about you but I'd pay for the service so I can play and not specifically to chat."  Very wordy I know, but since they are hanging everyone who doesn't chat it upset me.

Barbara

Excellent answer!  I bet they didn't expect that.  Actually, it probably flusters them when someone does answer.     :)

Scarlett

Thanks Barbara.  I'm getting tired of these people they are worse than the complaints they have over the macros.  It makes me wonder what kind of person gets pleasure out of sitting around all day just turning folks in.   Although it would be nice if all of us could turn them in for making those statements/promoting or whatever and give them a taste of their own medicine. 

Barbara

Noy only that Scarlette, did they ever think that maybe we are in private chat and we don't want to speak to them?

Scarlett

LOL Barbara Excellent point:) 
Also what's bad is that pogo just runs in for them and boots whoever they "THINK" is using an auto with really no proof of it.  I play pogo most days all day and not just with autos to now see that someone might not like that I am sitting playing for longer than they "THINK" I should just seems like a big joke and really Pogo needs a good lawsuit against them if they can prove cheating fine, but if they are going strictly on these people's word is negligible on their part.

Jeffer

This would be difficult to say the least.

But if a auto chat feature that would respond to WTGs  could be developed, it would reduce the number of reports.

Jeffer is a statistic freak, not a computer freak.  But thinking about this idea makes him nauseous....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview