PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:30:11 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Snitches and busybodies

Started by ItsyBitsy,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

Jeffer, don't get me wrong here. I like the way you think and you have an interesting concept.  Sometimes when you reply you tend to get asked questions that you can't answer if you had an auto reply.  That is unless you could have the following options locked and loaded:
1) Wow, you are right, that does sound infected.
2) Your Mother's basement?  And HBO?  Sweet!
3) Add me to your friend's list?  Sure, I've already added you.
4) I would love to play 50 games of gin for you and let you win.
5) My cell phone number?  Um, get a pen.
6) Yes, I have IM, why do you ask?
7) I agree, your ex sounds like a real basket case.
8) Pogo petitions?  I love Pogo petitions!  Bring 'em on!
9) No, I do not think you are paranoid.  Many people enter my home while I am away to rearrange things and then put them back in their exact place.
10) Jeans and a blue sweater, why do you ask?

Quaevil

and on another note why does pogo have the feature " Turn off chat" ? lol

Barbara

If we couldn't turn off chat how would we know that (screen name) ImANewbieSignedUpToday won the Wal Mart $25.00 gift card in their second game of Swashbucks?  Just kidding, wtg winners!

Jeffer

To Barb... I wish I could put a lol til I barf icon out there...

Just an idea... Iknow, Iknow....

Scarlett

Ran into more of them tonight.  WTG and why isn't anyone talking?  Sure is quiet, etc...   How do any of you use the WWW considering all of these people out there?   I tried for about a minute and the first one I did showed up on the high score list, so I can't find a way to set the auto to run without me there now with all the busy bodies getting in our business...

Lostdarksoul

I don't see how anyone uses MoleMiner (no offense whatsoever) because most of them aren't smart enough to realize that if you click "New Game" You get a better percentile than you would letting MoleMiner run, hit take score, munch all carrots, and make it obvious to be an auto. Don't get me wrong here, but it's not so smart to run WWW auto, I prefer to do it on my own, I'm not the only one on this forum, right Barb? LOL

Barbara

Quote from: Jeffer on November 28, 2004, 01:26:45 AM
To Barb... I wish I could put a lol til I barf icon out there...

Just an idea... Iknow, Iknow....
Jeffer, I like this idea very much!  I am sitting here, wondering what this would look like, lol.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Barbara

Quote from: Lostdarksoul on November 28, 2004, 02:22:03 AM
I don't see how anyone uses MoleMiner (no offense whatsoever) because most of them aren't smart enough to realize that if you click "New Game" You get a better percentile than you would letting MoleMiner run, hit take score, munch all carrots, and make it obvious to be an auto. Don't get me wrong here, but it's not so smart to run WWW auto, I prefer to do it on my own, I'm not the only one on this forum, right Barb? LOL
I agree with you here Lost.  Or should I call ya Dark?   :P These people aren't that bright.  I actually went to Clickers last night and honey, I'm telling ya, it looked like the bar scene from the original Star Wars movie.  No one could actually think that you and I have time to cheat at this game because of all the yammering we do in there.  Hey, you started it!  I have to get that rank back to zukkie 20 before Pogo extends those ranks.  I'd like to kick the person who talked me into resetting my stats.  Wait, that was me, n/m.

Barbara

Um Homer, why is your little smiley guy yodeling groceries?

Homer

Barbara

I know, I am just curious what gave your little guy a tummy ache  :P

Homer

Barbara

ThisIsntMyPogoName

Quote from: Jeffer on November 27, 2004, 04:33:27 PM
There are a lot of busybodies in pogo.  A lot of them don't even seem to play.  In addition to the cautions already provided by others I would recommend that you monitor rooms before you auto them. I know for a fact that there are many rooms in t21 where the wtg's are a test rather than an actual congratulation...  Run an auto in a room and watch it for an hour.  See what happens.

Better yet, Room Rover seems like an excellent option.  will be giving it a try here tonight...

The WTG's don't mean anything anyway, a lot of people have their chat turned off.  So just cuz they don't respond does that mean they are using an auto?  No.

ItsyBitsy

Quote from: >^..^< on November 28, 2004, 11:45:37 AM
Quote from: Jeffer on November 27, 2004, 04:33:27 PM
There are a lot of busybodies in pogo.  A lot of them don't even seem to play.  In addition to the cautions already provided by others I would recommend that you monitor rooms before you auto them. I know for a fact that there are many rooms in t21 where the wtg's are a test rather than an actual congratulation...  Run an auto in a room and watch it for an hour.  See what happens.

Better yet, Room Rover seems like an excellent option.  will be giving it a try here tonight...

The WTG's don't mean anything anyway, a lot of people have their chat turned off.  So just cuz they don't respond does that mean they are using an auto?  No.

Exactly.  I wrote an email to pogo telling them certain people are "harassing" us cos if we dont chat or reply to them they report us as using auto.  Pogo's reply:  Please MUTE the members that you do not wish  to chat or have your chat filter on (not exact words) or have your chat off. 
Now if Pogo takes action when those snitches report the use of autos or suspicion of use of auto, cos people dont chat, then Pogo should give the members the benefit of the doubt cos the advice was to ignore the chat or to mute those "busybodies".

kazandchip

my son likes to play some of the games when I am busy and I do not like him to chat(he is 13) and so when he plays I turn chat off and then when I return I usually forget to turn it on again( conveniantly!)

chetta

i just tell these people that im a 11 year old little girl  ( im not) but anyway
i tell em im 11 and a girl, and if they dont stop trying to talk to me i will go get my daddy, because he told me never to talk to strangers on the computer
hee hee that kinda freaks em out, i did have a perv thou once want to talk nasty to me, i told him i was a cop  lol and ya i did report him kinda made me sick

LadyMystik

Personally, I only use MM if I can be close enough to the computer to see the chat screen. So, I just set the auto, watch a movie or something, and if someone tries to chat with me, I just say it's too hard for me to chat and play that silly game.

It's gotten people to shut up.

However, I am also guilty of leaving MM on all night, coming home with a fabulous winning streak, and not getting one comment.

But, I'm a rebel. What can I say? ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview