PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 12:53:52 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Web Hosting

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

badcrazygirl

Hey! anybody got any info on Web Hosting cuz i would like to try it i heard u can make 1,000s of dollars in Web Hosting alone in 1 month.

kotraquin

Quote from: badsexycrazygirl on February 01, 2004, 12:27:37 PM
Hey! anybody got any info on Web Hosting cuz i would like to try it i heard u can make 1,000s of dollars in Web Hosting alone in 1 month.
banner ads...click thru's is where you'd make money providing your site has enough intrest

Homer

Also costs more than a $10 program. ;) If you know what your doing there is certainly money to be made.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

Okay..cool how do i get banner ads? cuz i have a site its in my profile here if anyone wants to look at it.

Homer

People will only agree to place banner ads on a site that has a high traffic history. You have to have a certain history of traffic to your site and that is still no guarantee that someone will advertise with you. Banner ads is also much different than web hosting. Web hosting is what Klaue does. (If I'm not mistaken) For instance klaue hosts this website on his server.

kotraquin

Homer

Quote from: badsexycrazygirl on February 01, 2004, 01:01:41 PM
Okay..cool how do i get banner ads? cuz i have a site its in my profile here if anyone wants to look at it.

Don't see your site in your profile. Maybe I'm  8)

badcrazygirl

Homer

Quote from: kotraquin on February 01, 2004, 01:08:48 PM
would you allow a P banner ad here ? ::)

If they wanted to pay. I'm sure the guys would let them. Although it doesn't make sense since this site appears to be a thorn in their side.

Homer

Homer

That's questionable. Myself I rarely click banner ads. Most pople do not click them. Hence, the birth of the popup ad. Don't click them either. Always have my popup blocker on.

Here's an example for you to consider:

XYZ Company wants to advertise via a banner ad on your website.

They agree to pay you $0.01 per banner click on your website.

1,000 people would have to click that banner for you to make $10.00

10,000 people would have to click it for you to make $100.00

100,000 people would have to click it for you to make $1,000.00

In alot of cases banner ads just about cover the price of having your website hosted on a server.

You decide.

badcrazygirl

So its cheaper to Banner advertise then web hosting?

Homer

In order to generate decent revenue from banner ad advertising you have to have a website that advertisers would want to advertise on.

Advertisers do not want to advertise on a person's personal web page.

badcrazygirl

O well how would i create a website that people would want to see?

Homer

You need to come up with a theme and concept.

Take this site for instance.

Last month this site got in excess of 100,000 hits. That's what an advertiser wants to see. A site with traffic. They want to reach as many people as possible. They can also see there is 1800 members here. That may be attractive to some advertisers. It is probably also not enough traffic for most advertisers.

Take a look at the websites you visit on the net. Take Yahoo for instance. Yahoo's homepage probably gets millions of hits a day on their homepage. This is very attractive to advertisers. Look at their banners. In general they are very large companies advertising on these sites because they can expose themselves to many more people than say this site.

It is not hard to make a website. I don't mean to insult you or discourage you but from what I know about you so far you do not have the technical knowledge to get involved in this type of venture yet.

Your potential website has to have selling point. You have to give an advertiser a reason to say: Hey! Now that's a site I want to advertise on.

badcrazygirl

I can do it i just need someone to teach me how thats all.

Homer

Hope I didn't come off sounding mean. :-* If this is something you are interested in pursuing you may want to take a few classes or do some reading on the subject.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview