PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 04:46:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw Helper now available!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

THIS IS NOT AUTO

It will solve 1 puzzle at a time. Use Internet Explorer (AOL support and Full Auto to be added later).

You can download it here.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

vasunlover

BadgeHelpOscar

Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

kaitlin

Hey I just wanted to say that I downloaded program and it works well. O0 still has a little trouble finishing it sometimes but other then that it is great. I will def be purchasing this one.........lol 

Thanks again to all the people here that make this possible for us ;)

Kaitlin

1euhlb

I tried it and it would not work, the mousejust flickered and bounced up and down, was hard to control oruse the mouse to stop it, used esc and it worked..Keep trying I really want to buy this one when it is bug free...

1euhlb

Mayhem

There will be a v1.1 on badgehelp.com tonight that will fix that problem.

Press and hold the [ESC] button for 5 secs to stop the cursor from moving  O0

Mayhem

Jigsaw Helper v1.1 is now available!

Full Sun Java support now added.

After downloading v1.1 helper and if the solver still doesn't work for you, then "Checkmark" the "Solver does nothing" option.

RocknRollGirl

I did all of the above and it does not work for me.  Can you tell me what level you should use it for and why my mouse just clicks away (I did hold the Esc Button down for 5 seconds) and it stopped, but it is not helping me out at all of the puzzles.  It is not completely auto so maybe you can tell me more on how it is suppose to work.  Thanks.

chetta

does nothing, the macro makes my mouse go crasy
is this a helper that goes with the auto that works?

fancyfreefeet

Doesnt work too good for me either, I have hi speed internet, Windows XP, 1024 X 768, 32 Bit, Smooth Edges Unchecked, Pent 4, 2.8 Ghz, I have the latest version and have used all the setting, fast, medium and even slow and even checked Solver Does Nothing (which by the way what is this for), it will move all the pieces around, mouse moves up and down the screen, then stops, moves some more, then stops, then when I finally stop the program and try to finish the puzzle myself, the game is froze.   When it has sometimes gotten the border pieces together, and gets ready to do the inside, I will always get the Applet Cripes Error.  I clear my cache and all that good stuff and try again, I get the same thing again, no matter what speed I try.  I even tried this on Dial Up and used the slow only and same thing there too.   

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

bob@pogopal

From what I understand, some of what you are reporting may be the normal, expected behaviour for the jigsaw auto. Because the solver uses the mouse so much, I doubt you will be able to use your mouse when using this auto at all.

The early versions of the auto I tested would get very far ahead of the game. The game would appear frozen even though the game and the auto were still working. The clock would appear frozen and nothing would move on the screen.

Then, after the game caught up with the auto, the completed puzzle would simply appear. However, that might not happen until a couple minutes after the auto finished doing its part.

I suggest some of you who are using 'Esc' simply try waiting for a few minutes to see what happens. Maybe try starting a puzzle when you have other chores to do about the house to keep you occupied for a few minutes so that you are not tempted to stop the auto.

kaitlin

Just wanted to say that what Bob is saying is exactly what mine does. I have been sitting here watching mine and it does appear to have stopped and then a couple of minutes later the puzzle is solved so for all that are having trouble just be patient and it will solve it for you. O0

Kaitlin

Nichole

hi everyone!
so the jigsaw program is somewhat working for me, it is putting pieces together.  O0  but i have to reboot in order to get the program to stop working my mouse is going nuts putting pieces together. I HAVE NO CONTROL  :D  i tried cnt alt delete and it came up but my mouse was still going with the puzzle. how do i get it to stop so i dont have to reboot everytime?

Metalli-Chick

Well pooo i just finished about 15 puzzles this morning and now i read that this is out OY!!!!  But a great idea WTG!!  God i love programmers WOO HOO >:D

Mayhem

Quotehow do i get it to stop so i dont have to reboot everytime?

Press and hold the [ESC] key for 5 seconds. Depending on how fast your computer is, it may take up to 1 min before it will stop.

Mayhem

From badgehelp.com :

This will only work on easy and medium levels only. On my P4 2.4 it will do a puzzle in 1:30 and on my p3 733 it takes approx 5-7 min to solve a puzzle. I think whats confusing your customers is that the game appears to "freeze" after the first 20 secs of solving (this is normal, it even freezes like this on my best machine). Its going so fast, the screen can't keep up (but the game is still solving!).

Once you start the auto, do not move the mouse and be patient and trust that it is going.

Here are some tips to help make it run faster for you customers :

- Do not have anything else loaded or running in the background (close everything off)
- Turn off anything internet releated (kazaa, file xfers, etc)
- On slow machines, try rebooting your computer first

Mayhem

v1.2 is now out  O0

Joe has slowed the solver down considerably. It may have temp screen freezes on slower computers (when moving big pieces around) but it is still solving when that happens.

The solver needs to be stop manually at the end the game (just press and hold [ESC] for 5 secs and it will stop shortly after that)

Also, I've noticed that Pogo's Jigsaw game has a nice memory leak. The more games completed, the more memory that game takes up. So if you've been running this for 10 -15 puzzles and things slow down / start acting weird, just close the game window and reload it back up and everything will be fine.

You can download the new version here.

bob@pogopal

I have not tried this myself, but I suggest anyone who wants this baby to run on auto try using it with Room Rover. Just set Room Rover to close the game every 5 or 10 minutes or however long it takes to solve the puzzles on your computer.

Mayhem

Joe has asked me to post this :

Before submitting a problem report, please make sure you have tried the following :

- Change your desktop to 1024 x 768 and make sure your in 24 or 32bit color
- Use the "Slow" setting on the auto (its really not that slow, and he thinks its still running too fast for the users)
- Turn off anything internet related (file sharing apps, IM's, ftp server, etc)
- Wait 10-15 min (do not stop it any earlier) and see if it will solve the puzzle for you on Medium difficulty.

If you have tried the above and it's still not working for you, then send a problem report to joe@badgehelp.com

He is working hard to fix any issues you guys are having.

RocknRollGirl

I had said earlier that it was not working for me, but after reading what you had said it now is working fine.  All you do is have to be patient with it and it will solve the whole puzzle for you and yes your mouse does go crazy, but it is scanning from top to bottom to pick the pieces and solve the puzzle for you in full.  Thanks BadgeHelp for another program that I have just purchased.   ;) O0 ;) O0 ;) O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview