Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Aol

Started by I R 1337,

Previous topic - Next topic

fatkid

Nope they won't try to bill you for em'... They just figure on you forgetting about the 3 month free period and after 3 months they start automatically billing you again... When we first go broadband and got rid of AOL, we kept using it for 9 months for free before they wouldn't offer us any more free months...  Worst problem we had leaving AOL was that they kept "forgetting" to cancle our account... They charged us like 2-3 times after we finally shut down our account...  :P

Homer

You can fix that by telling your cc company not to accept any future charges from aol. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

kotraquin

I'm glad I never had to expereince first hand AOL.
but I know of at least 3 people personally that still have it. when I try to convince my freinds to switch their parents won't because they so used to it and they think AOL is only ISP that they can "access" certain sites...you've seen the ads aol users keyword whatever

xnos

I've gotten at least 6 free months by calling before the bill date, month after month. I used to get credit cards just for this. I credit aol for the prices internet access is at now. Was no need to ever go over $20 for dial up or $10 even. Just another porshe in their garages.

fatkid

Wow... Much agreed... With the rates that cable and dsl (especially) are giving out there is NO need to have dial up cost more than $10 a month... It's just outragous... But AOL is slowly but surely going the way of the buffalo... When they merged with TimeWarner I was expecting great things... Media as we had never seen it on the internet... Music for the masses... Movies viewable directly on your computer... They promised me the world... And what did they deliver?  Since 2000 nothing has happened... Finally for the month of February 2004 AOL is begining to deal out movies for a set price...

And in the begining God said, "It is good"...
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,33531,00.html
"Steve Case will be chairman of the new firm, which will be called AOL Time Warner and have a market value of some US$350 billion...

... Time Warner shares catapulted $30 to $95 in pre-open trade on Monday morning, while America Online jumped $13 to $85.875. The enthusiasm spurred shares of media stocks higher across Europe and sent the combined market capitalization of both companies higher by some $10 billion...

...By joining the resources and talents of these two highly creative companies, we can accelerate the development and deployment of a whole new generation of interactive services and content."

And the monster is beaten down...
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,59841,00.html?tw=wn_story_related
"The company that came to dominate the dialup ISP business by giving neophytes an easy on ramp lately has been bleeding subscribers as more and more of its customers grow comfortable with technology and switch to other, often cheaper, alternatives, or to broadband...

...But AOL remains vulnerable to shedding members who have grown more sophisticated and may be willing to couple Internet access through other providers with unbundled tools and content. Realistically, AOL should not count on boosting its customer base, analysts said"

ImRicherThanUAll

AOL SUCKS THEY DOUBLE CHARGE AND I HATE THE SPEED LOL....  ;D

badcrazygirl

Umph AOLhell doesnt have any kind speed.

ImRicherThanUAll

LMAO TRUE TRUE thats y i use there internet explorer they providde

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview