PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:10:17 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

new ranks on tri peaks?

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

I heard people earlier in chat talking about adding new ranks to tri peaks. They talked like they knew it was happening, but didn't catch them before they left the room. I haven't seen anything to verify this, so have you guys heard anything?
  I think it is a neat idea to a degree adding ranks like they did in world class. For those of you who don't know from my past complaining lol...pogo's technical whammies erased all of my stats a while back. Even all of the games I completed got put back to rank 0. I'm sure you all know how pogo responded to it...with ignorance of the whammy.
  So my newest complaint would be that they should not add ranks to games when they have unstable control on allowing players to keep them. Ever since that whammy I have been very wary on signing back in every day because in the back of my head I wonder if my stats will still be there. What I have read from the FAQ in pogo somewhere is that it affected alot of people.  I have never used any auto programs, though I love this forum. After losing all those ranks I may get brave one day and try them out. Losing all that will do that to you lol.
  So what are your thoughts on them adding more ranks to older games? Have you heard for sure that tri peaks is among them? Well, hagn / hagd e1 and gl with pogo. Alex

Barbara

I believe in the old archives of this chat forum there is a rumor about adding extra ranks to this game in June. (Specifically, June 1st of 2004) Forgive me if I am wrong, it could be in the MSN Club Pogo forum.  There is mention of adding onto the Word Whomp Whackdown levels also.  Your best bet would be to look at one of the many sites that show "unseen" Pogo badges and if you see something that looks like something like a series of new badges for a game, it could be true.  Big Bear is really great at finding new game badges and predicting what is to come.  This may be a question for them to try to answer.

Most games have their myths. Some games have their glitches. I was a hard core Word Whomp Whackdown player in August of 2003, when I was not aware of anything to advance me faster and there certainly was no auto.  I went from rank "vadalia onion" to "apple" in the blink of an eye.  Yesterday, when Pogo "hiccuped" I lost an entire day's progress in Aces Up.  You say that Pogo "should not add ranks to games where they have unstable control on allowing players to keep them."  Well, that just isn't going to happen, as nice as that would be.  Clever Pogo players burrow and find the "stand and sit" pinochle glitch, the  Aces Up "leave the room after the spin, yet before hitting (new game) glitch," the "eat the second to last veggie" glitch  in Word whomp whackdown.  232 badges of experience has shown me that for every forward progress glitch, Pogo has one that will set us back.  It's not really fair when it does it either way.  Pogo is not perfect and I never expect that it will be.  Pogo is a fickle mistress, yet one we love.  Happy Badge Day!

Adacia

Hiya and thx so much for the heads up. ITA with ya. So sorry to hear about your loss on www. I went from 18th z to apple that sad day and also lost 538 hard earned bingos. 21 ranks of phlinx were also lost. All of the other games I had finished though will have to redo if they add ranks and badges. I certainly know about the glithces that work to our advantage, but wonder if it is all worth it. Putting yourself in my shoes, I am sure you'd be furious lol.  And keep in mind, I never knew about the bingo glitch until it was too late.
  I have 215 badges after today (finally hit rank 30 on pinochle and rank 20 on aces up) this day. W2G on your badge progress! Amazing! Happy badge day to you too. Alex

drgnwrrr4onyx

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview