This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Started by Element,

Previous topic - Next topic

Element

why does eveyones stars stay the same, i think that if you have over 50 or over 100 posts or somthing high then your stars should change color or you could get another star or maybe your name could change color like the mods/admins does in the home page // but whys everything stay the same, lets make the board more fun  :P

admin

We used to have it like that, but we found that it just encouraged spamming and useless posts. Because of that, everyone now has the same number of stars.

Element

why dont you just ban the people that start spamming and warn the people that post useless posts?

kotraquin

I'm happy to  3 stars some sneeches on the beaches have 0 stars :P and
skygh why would the mods want to wade through spam and ban. to my knowlegde there has only been 1 person banned and rightly so

Element

well they can just give me some banning power i'll ban people that spam and post crap  :P its not like i have anything that much better to do  ;D i'll keep the forum clean

Homer

More than 1 person has been banned for various reasons. Kotraquin makes a good point about us having to monitor every post which for the most part I do along with the other mods/admins. Some days I have trouble keeping up with you guys/gals not that I am complaining. I have always been a proponent of more activity on the board. I don't mind sifting through posts that appear to be valid.

Back when there was a rating system it was more of a competition or a badge of honor to some to say they achieved a new status on the board. It becomes a subjective issue as to deciding whether a post is valid or not and some people who may be solid contributors on this site could get offended if their posts were removed.

Prior to becoming a moderator I was one of those people who was disappointed with the removal of this system. It was once explained to me by a wise man that it is the quality of the post rather than the quantity that counts.

I feel the system that we currently employ works very well. This has been a dead issue until now. If the mods/admins see a benefit to employing this system again I am sure they would do it. I know my view may seem a bit skewed to you being that I am a moderator but I can honestly say I have been on both sides of this issue and I feel things work fine the way they are.

Whatever the mods/admins decide to do in the future I will continue to support them in any way I can. I am really looking forward to the day when our new website will be ready. It should be interesting.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

ya see thats the thing it would be fun to have a rating system but it would be alot easyier and alot less hassel to not have one. sucks though i love rating systems i just wish there was somthing we could do to make the board more fun some how.  :)

Element

Quote from: John on February 06, 2004, 03:47:03 PM
It was once explained to me by a wise man that it is the quality of the post rather than the quantity that counts.

so very tru who ever told u that was a wise man indeed :)

Homer

Quote from: skyhgh on February 06, 2004, 03:59:22 PM
ya see thats the thing it would be fun to have a rating system but it would be alot easyier and alot less hassel to not have one. sucks though i love rating systems i just wish there was somthing we could do to make the board more fun some how.  :)

There isn't a whole lot you can do to make a message board more fun. It is what it is. You can change color schemes, icons, etc I don't think changing these items make the board more fun, they make it look nicer but that's my opinion. It would probably be more fun if more than the same 10 people posted here, you can only lead the horse to the water you can't make it drink. What would you want to see to make the board more "fun" other than the ratings system which I don't see returning. I have started listing polls, there are prizes that are given away. 2 prizes were given away last month for Wordzw programs and this month's prize is an ATI radeon 7500 video card. There is a chat room that nobody seems to use. I see a half dozen names in there but no one is ever talking in there. Throw some ideas out you never know. In fact I'll start a new thread called Suggestions. If anyone has any ideas how to make the site more enjoyable you can post your suggestions there.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

Quote from: John on February 06, 2004, 08:28:06 PM
Quote from: skyhgh on February 06, 2004, 03:59:22 PM

There isn't a whole lot you can do to make a message board more fun. It is what it is.

thats why i said that i WISH there was somthing we could do  ;)

ImRicherThanUAll

badcrazygirl

Well at least i'mma star at something lol. ;)

ImRicherThanUAll

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview