Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

POGO HAS the spyware cookies

Started by ImRicherThanUAll,

Previous topic - Next topic

ImRicherThanUAll

ive had things sayn u have these cookies so yes pogo has spyware cookies....must have just started a few months bk never had that happen

Homer

I believe it is against the law for them to put spyware on your pc without your knowledge. Besides I use Spybot and no pogo files turn up in the scan.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ImRicherThanUAll

well when i go to some cites it says you have these spyware on your computer and it didnt happen till i heard pogo had been doin that

admin

Pogo does use cookies to see how long you have been playing what games for, so I guess you could call that spyware. They also tell you about it in their TOS.

What about cookies?
Cookies are small files downloaded to your computer to track movements within web sites. Certain of our sites use cookies to keep track of your shopping cart and make sure you don't see the same ad repeatedly. Also, we use cookies to deliver content specific to your interest and for other purposes. For example, certain of our sites use "cookies" or other methods to monitor website usage. We collect information on what games are played, how much time is spent playing the games and which ads or links are clicked. We may link cookie information to personal information.

ImRicherThanUAll

Well, they wont b able to see it for very long i delete them about 5 times a day... im causious

Homer

Quote from: a_playa on February 10, 2004, 06:33:21 PM
well when i go to some cites it says you have these spyware on your computer and it didnt happen till i heard pogo had been doin that

Are you talking about the little windows that popup and say you have spyware on your pc? If you are those are just advertisements. They are trying to scare you into buying their spyware software.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ImRicherThanUAll

fatkid

*smacks his head*  ::)
No wonder all these viruses are spread around the net so fast...

"Here, here... Open this attachment... Click on this banner... You don't know me... You didn't request the information I am sending you... But you REALLY need to check this stuff out..."

Seriously, they should make you have an internet license before they allow you to go out onto the wild wild web... Give you different tests for opening unknown attachments... Or falling for stupid pop-ups and such... Trixy, those internet spammers are...

kotraquin

I seen those pop ups but I've since disallowed Messenger Service... no normal person needs  it anyhow just sys admins and network gurus

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview