PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:10:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How do people get caught using cheats?

Started by bob@pogopal,

Previous topic - Next topic

bob@pogopal

I cannot count how many times I have heard the above question or "Can Pogo detect autos?" While Pogo cannot see what is running on your computer, they can see that you have been playing in the same room for hours and hours without taking a rest.

Most people who run into trouble with Pogo are reported by other players who are snooping around in your stats etc. or who notice your name flashing on the bottom of their screen.

I just heard that another programmer, Joe, has created a solution to this problem. His Room Rover will change rooms periodically and even stop the auto after a period of time.

If you are concerned about getting caught while running autos in your sleep or while you are at work or while grocery shopping, Room Rover is the product for you! Get it here.

LadyMystik

w00t!!

Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it :)

Okay...here's my question:

When I run it, it attempts to open the game in IE as opposed to netscape. IE is usually my default browser, but I'm having issues with it at the moment. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks!

Kashmir6449

LadyMystik,

If IE is your default browser, then naturally another application will open IE when used.  Try changing your default browser to Netscape.  That SHOULD take care of the problem.

LadyMystik

Quote from: Kashmir6449 on November 21, 2004, 07:01:43 AM
LadyMystik,

If IE is your default browser, then naturally another application will open IE when used.  Try changing your default browser to Netscape.  That SHOULD take care of the problem.

erm...I think I was asking how to do that.  O0

Homer

Changing from Microsoft Internet Explorer to Netscape 

Steps: 

1.   Search for the file "prefs.js" in the directory in which Netscape Communicator is installed on your computer. 

2.   Open prefs.js in Notepad or another text editor. 

3.   Look for a line in the document that says "user_pref("browser.wfe.ignore_def_check", true)". 

4.   Delete the word "true" and type "false" in its place. 

5.   Save the changes to the document and close it. 

6.   Start Netscape. A window will appear asking whether you'd like Communicator to be your default browser. 

7.   Click "Yes" to change your default browser from Internet Explorer to Netscape. 

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

AttaGirl42

Hello

I thought I'd add my own 2 cents worth here. LOL  I keep from getting caught by being smart about using my auto programs. I've been using them for several years now and have never been flagged or anything by pogo. I don't leave them running overnight and I always make sure I keep my percentages in my stats down to a believable size. For example, in my perfect pair solitaire, I always start off by losing 5 or so games before turning on my auto. Then randomly, I will pause it and lose a game every so often. In Word Whomp Whackdown, since they have so many cry babies about auto users, I always did the same thing. Lose a few games and kept my percentage down to 68% and when I got to the end and got my golden carrot, my stats looked normal. It does take a bit more time to get badges this way, but it keeps the cry babies from getting too nosey. LOL

I just use common sense basically in not getting caught. Don't get too greedy too fast. Now these Helpers by Mayhem are wonderful as they will lose a game after whatever amount you set and will refresh your game also.

One mistake I've seen sooo many times from a auto user with crap for brains is tellling the room you'll be right back and have to go do something, and your token amount beside your name keeps rising. LOL Pretty obvious. Most people who do get caught are just not using their noggins to keep from it.

LadyMystik

*blush* lol...I've done that.

Me: "brb...have to use the restroom" (in a multi-player game)
Me: stupidly sets auto to play while doing the above activity
Me (while doing what I said I would be): (to myself) awww crap! I'm a doofus
Me: goes back to room, says "okay, this hand is over, back in a minute"
Me: Hopes and prays people believe me

I'm blonde, and I have these moments every so often ;)

CartmenX

The only thing i noticed with Room Rover was that i was just running it with the Tripeaks Auto and i left to eat dinner, and recently just gained a rank.  When i came back from dinner it was in a new room, and that rank mysteriously vanished ??? i was back where i was at, but still winning chests  >:(  when it leaves the room, i think it goes too fast or something, and doesnt get to save your rank in time? i dont know please explain

Homer

You should get your rank when you refresh. Sometimes when you leave a room and enter a new one the stats are not always correct. You do eventually get credited with the right amounts of wins etc. ;)

CartmenX

Hey Thanks Homer, Never thought of that, just tried it and it worked! Thanks a lot ;D

Homer

No problem. Your welcome :) The issue I believe is that it takes a little while for pogo's servers to catch up to you. O0

Heaven Sent

I am friends with a pogo Admin. I was lucky enough to add him to my friends list.  Anyway's when a person wins the jackpot, Pogo will look through your logs for thwt past hour or two.

The reason for that is, Thier systems save the time between clicks "Such as dice derby" If the clicks are too fast for a human to do it. Then it is considered cheating. They makes guesses basically.  My friend was playing quick shot hoops and was banned because he threw em in too fast. Which I was even watching him..

The bad thing if you're a paying member and you get banned.. It's a NO refund policy.

Also, When you load pogo's site, They store a "Tracking Cookie" A.K.A. SpyWare.  When you go to this site after opening pogo, They recieve the link, and time date stamp.

The Admin said to open pogo first then use "Yahoo Tool Bar" It has a product called Anti Spy, run it "make sure you check the "Scan for tracking cookies" and remove all it finds. PC should run faster as well :)

So..
Load Pogo
Get Yahoo Tool Bar>Run Antispy>Remove all>Load this site. Play Safe!

Homer

pogo tycoon

???I doubt a pogo admin would give advice on how to cheat the system

soupsportz

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview