Started by reload39,

Previous topic - Next topic

reload39

any one know a fast way thru canasta tomorrow? O0

BadgeHelpOscar

Yep, CanastaMasta...

I'm rich, biooooooooooooooootch!

HONK! HONK!
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Moksha

4 Player with Computers.

Or, just double browse and make your name meld out before your other name.

Or just play against computers.

SmoothFox

Quote from: Moksha on January 04, 2005, 05:48:23 PM
4 Player with Computers.

Or, just double browse and make your name meld out before your other name.

Or just play against computers.

I dont understand how playing a 4 player game will give you faster 3's ???  Seems that the 3's could go to all computer players.  Please help me out by explaining more.

Thanks

Moksha

In Canasta, if your partner gets 4 threes, YOU get 4 threes.

It's not dependant on player like Pinochle.

SmoothFox

Quote from: Moksha on January 04, 2005, 07:14:25 PM
In Canasta, if your partner gets 4 threes, YOU get 4 threes.

It's not dependant on player like Pinochle.

Ahhh now I get it.  I have never played Canasta in a 4 person room.  Did not know there were partners.  TYVM

Moksha

Yep, it goes a LOT quicker, if you play in 4 player rooms.

Dannon

Ummmm... isn't the challenge tomorrow to meld out before your opponent? It has nothing to do with red 3's

Commander_Powell

Normally I have no problem with canasta.  I get at least 1500 tokens a game in two hands.  Well, NOT this week!  Anyone play the bots?  They've become VERY sneaky now.

There are two things that the bot NEVER does in a beginner room.  The bot never picks up the pile when there are less than 10 cards in it, and the bot NEVER puts cards down when there are more than 12 cards in the draw pile, (unless it is able to pick up a big discard pile).

Well, the bots do these things now!  I played a hand, and the bot was picking up the discard pile with two or three cards in it!

So, once again, Pogo lies to us!  They DO tweak the games to make them harder when the game is a challenge...

BadgeHelpOscar

Yep, just to make your life more miserable.

They also set up a secret test lab site in southern Utah called Area 57. They are hiding game secrets out there and they won't share them.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

BadgeHelpOscar

Yes, they are looking for illegally obtained tokens. DO NOT HIDE THEM IN THE REAR HIND QUARTER AREA.

Pogo has wised up to this latest hiding spot

BadgeHelpOscar

Ahhh, so that's what the token dumper is used for? Does the program come with a fresh roll of paper?

somethingspecail

omg that is just to funny ty for the laugh u2

Butterfly Fairy

fuzzyferrets

chrylbltn

Quote from: Commander_Powell on January 05, 2005, 12:08:51 PM
Normally I have no problem with canasta.  I get at least 1500 tokens a game in two hands.  Well, NOT this week!  Anyone play the bots?  They've become VERY sneaky now.

There are two things that the bot NEVER does in a beginner room.  The bot never picks up the pile when there are less than 10 cards in it, and the bot NEVER puts cards down when there are more than 12 cards in the draw pile, (unless it is able to pick up a big discard pile).

Well, the bots do these things now!  I played a hand, and the bot was picking up the discard pile with two or three cards in it!

So, once again, Pogo lies to us!  They DO tweak the games to make them harder when the game is a challenge...

OH my Gosh, I couldn't figure out what the hell happened, but I noticed that too. I used to be able to get to 5000 and have the bot in the negatives, but no more. This sucks.  >:(

MadManMitch

for this weeks badge, i just found a friend and we took turns melding out and giving the other necessary cards to help

bob@pogopal

Quote from: BJLindsay on January 12, 2005, 06:51:34 AM
Second of all what the heck is double browsing? Do you like make another name and play both of them at the same time on the same computer?

Yes, that describes double-browsing exactly.

Commander_Powell

Ok, first of all, the gods have smiled on us and the bots seem to be back to normal now.  So now we can slaughter them again...

Secondly, this was not a hard badge to get.  Just a bit harder than it would have been had the bots played in their normal, dumb, way.

Lastly, anyone try Smart Browser with this game?  I can get part way thru a hand and then it just freezes.  It does that thing where you can't see the cards.  I've noticed the same problem with Jungle Jin.  Smart Browser works great with Pinochle, but I've never been able to get it to work with Canasta or Jungle Jin.  Oh well...

fuzzyferrets

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview