Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone fly often? I have a flight question

Started by Dream Faerie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream Faerie

Anyone know how long it will take to get to New York from Chicago? (Or Milwaukee) We are planning to go on vacation to New York, but I am terrified to fly, I have NEVER done it before. I was wondering if anyone knew how long I should make sure I am knocked out for  :'(

Mayhem

Barb will know .. she used to fly quite a bit.

I'm in the same boat as you are .. haven't been on a plane since i was 4 yrs old. (flew to Norway)

My parents are retiring in Mexico (last 2 years) and i still haven't seen their place yet.  :-\

On a side note, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Flying is safer than driving!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Mayhem on January 09, 2005, 10:28:52 PM
Barb will know .. she used to fly quite a bit.

I'm in the same boat as you are .. haven't been on a plane since i was 4 yrs old. (flew to Norway)

My parents are retiring in Mexico (last 2 years) and i still haven't seen their place yet.  :-\

On a side note, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Flying is safer than driving!

I am soooo scared!  :'(  :-[  I am hoping it isnt a long flight. I am sure Barbara will help. She seems VERY knowledgeable!  O0

Mayhem

My cousin is saying it shouldn't take any longer than 1.5 hours .. don't know how accurate that is though.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Mayhem on January 09, 2005, 10:33:53 PM
My cousin is saying it shouldn't take any longer than 1.5 hours .. don't know how accurate that is though.

Thank you! Let's hope your cousin is right. Im skeered!  :'(

Helen

Depending which airport you fly out of Chicago from and to which airport in NY, a direct flight will take between 1:55 to 2:10. Hope this helps. Don't be afraid to fly, it's a breeze.

Helen

downunderguy

Check your airlines website, on most you can check flight times

downunderguy

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Helen on January 09, 2005, 10:49:21 PM
Depending which airport you fly out of Chicago from and to which airport in NY, a direct flight will take between 1:55 to 2:10. Hope this helps. Don't be afraid to fly, it's a breeze.

Helen

Thanks Helen!!  ;)  But I am still skeered!  :'( :-\

Dream Faerie

Quote from: downunderguy on January 10, 2005, 01:09:28 AM
Check your airlines website, on most you can check flight times

downunderguy

Thanks, but I am SO new at flights & airports etc, I have no clue where to start,  Iwas going to have my sis in law help me book a flight cuz she travels all the time for her job... But THANKS!!!!

Brandon493

Probably about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. depending on which airport you fly from and which one you fly to.

Homer

Quote from: Dream Faerie on January 09, 2005, 10:12:22 PM
Anyone know how long it will take to get to New York from Chicago? (Or Milwaukee) We are planning to go on vacation to New York, but I am terrified to fly, I have NEVER done it before. I was wondering if anyone knew how long I should make sure I am knocked out for  :'(

Will the plane be on "Auto Pilot"? :P j/k

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Brandon493 on January 10, 2005, 02:46:52 AM
Probably about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. depending on which airport you fly from and which one you fly to.

Thank you!  ;D

Dream Faerie

Will the plane be on "Auto Pilot"? :P j/k

AAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butterfly Fairy

Dream Faerie,
Flying is a breeze!!  It should not take long, maybe about 2 hours depending which airport your flying in and out of, but you will be fine!! I remember the first time I got on a plane, I was so nervous, plus it was my honeymoon, we were flying from Boston to Orlando.  My husband made me do a shot before I got on the plane, and I was  fine!  So if you can do a shot, go for it, if not just think of it like a roller coaster ride ( not sure if DF likes roller coasters?  ???) I will be flying to the Domincan Republic next month, so little ansy about that!! Wish you luck!!  O0

bob@pogopal

Dream,

Flying is a hoot. It's a lot of fun. There's nothing to be scared of except groups of young arab men talking in conspiratorial tones pointing at the cockpit door, and I doubt you will encounter any of those.

The length of the flight will depend largely on the speed of the aircraft. Anything flying Chicago-NY is probably big and fast so the 1.5 hr suggestion is likely very accurate. Toronto-NY is an hour, but Toronto-Hartford takes twice as long because the Hartford flight used a much slower prop aircraft.

You can look up flight information on expedia.com or on travelocity.com, and you can shop for flights there too!

Enjoy the trip! Fifteen minutes in Times Square when the theaters let out will forever alter your perception of the world.

drgnwrrr4onyx

take extra money and get the dramamine <slaughtered spelling> wristband or do what i do hit the airport bars for some gool ole ale before takeoff

Thank you for choosing Dragon Airlines final destination Dragons Realm

Dream Faerie

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on January 10, 2005, 06:44:14 AM
Dream,

Flying is a hoot. It's a lot of fun. There's nothing to be scared of except groups of young arab men talking in conspiratorial tones pointing at the cockpit door, and I doubt you will encounter any of those.

The length of the flight will depend largely on the speed of the aircraft. Anything flying Chicago-NY is probably big and fast so the 1.5 hr suggestion is likely very accurate. Toronto-NY is an hour, but Toronto-Hartford takes twice as long because the Hartford flight used a much slower prop aircraft.

You can look up flight information on expedia.com or on travelocity.com, and you can shop for flights there too!

Enjoy the trip! Fifteen minutes in Times Square when the theaters let out will forever alter your perception of the world.

Ummm Bob? If there are terrorists on my flight I will come back & haunt pogocheats forum 4ever! You will get "ghost" postings & PM's lol.
I appreciate your kind words in trying to put me at ease about the flight, and for the web info. Let's hope I dont chicken out  :'(

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Butterfly Fairy on January 10, 2005, 06:34:11 AM
Dream Faerie,
Flying is a breeze!!  It should not take long, maybe about 2 hours depending which airport your flying in and out of, but you will be fine!! I remember the first time I got on a plane, I was so nervous, plus it was my honeymoon, we were flying from Boston to Orlando.  My husband made me do a shot before I got on the plane, and I was  fine!  So if you can do a shot, go for it, if not just think of it like a roller coaster ride ( not sure if DF likes roller coasters?  ???) I will be flying to the Domincan Republic next month, so little ansy about that!! Wish you luck!!  O0

Awww Thank you!! But I do not drink. However, I DO like roller coasters AFTER I get off them lol. But my Dr will prescrube something & tell my hubby to give it only if I need it.
When you 1st take off, are you at a 90 Degree angle? Or 45? or what? & will I feel how fast we are going?  :( :'(

Homer

You won't even notice the time. Unless of course you sit and stare at your watch. ;)

Try drinking some sleepytime tea before takeoff. The stuff can be relaxing. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Barbara on January 10, 2005, 08:36:23 AM
Kris, I am paid to fly.  I love to fly and it is wonderful.  I was just telling Bob the other day that there is no greater rush then stepping into a new airport and scanning the crowd, taking in the locals, the scenery and then finding the fun places to be.  Step on the plane, check out the cute pilots, snag a seat and crack open a huge Toblerone and enjoy!  I am going to make Mayhem fly with me one day.  He has no choice.

I love to people watch, but flying? Ima Skeered  :-[ :'(
BUT You all are making me feel real comfortable. THANK YOU! Do you think once the plane is in flight, I will enjoy it? Or shall I ask for a plethora of barf bags? :-[

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview