PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 09:04:43 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Spyware

Started by Knuckles,

Previous topic - Next topic

Knuckles

What is the best freeware program to get rid of spyware?
If you know, please post the name and the link to the download.

Thanks!

viper061697

i have always liked spybot search and destroy type it in your google search it is a free download

DrDaddy2Be

Ad-Aware SE is free for personal use. Copy and paste this URL to ur browser, and u can download a free version of it. http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5. I use that one and Webroot Spy Sweer. Both are very good at cleaning your PC of adware and spyware. I hope this helps.

Bunnie

Well, I run spybot, spyhunter and my fav Ad Aware, plus yahoo tool bar has an anti spy thing I run. I think I "bought" spyhunter from one of my music download buddies..  8) Gateway suggests Ad Aware and spybot, run ad aware first then spybot. And also use AVG from grissoft, be surprised what that can find now if you got the new version. And there is housecall for antivirus online scans.. but panda is much better, finds more viruses and gets rid of more then housecall does..

Surfdown

Best one is spydoctor v3.1  but not free and anti-spy.info 3.6 ad-aware se is also good but not the best spybot is ok but can remove things off your pc that can damage it

Homer

PC Magazine recently rated Webroot as the best spyware program. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Surfdown

Quote from: Homer on January 14, 2005, 02:02:03 PM

cool will have to cheat it out then

Homer

It's not free. Free programs they recommended were Spybot and Adaware. ;)

Surfdown

Quote from: Homer on January 14, 2005, 02:18:13 PM
It's not free. Free programs they recommended were Spybot and Adaware. ;)

ad-aware is ok but does not get the really nasty spyaware and spybot does not get really anything and takes alot of stuff of peoples pc's i have also read about spybot not alot of companys use it i would keep away from that one.plus i don't mind paying for a great program

Homer

I think Webroot charges $29.99

I have tried some spyware programs only to find they contain spyware themselves! :o Imagine that. >:(

Surfdown

i have like 3 programs to get some of the nasty spyware and i don't think there is realy any software that is 100% you always need diffrent ones i think any way just like trojan and virus tools you always need more then one if you ask me never just keep to one i use sohpos which alot of companys use but even that program does not get them all i think it is funny when people say norton 2005 and mcaffee is a great program as i have had so many problems with them any back to the topic i got side tracked lol i will try any program as long as it is good.

Surfdown

Quote from: Homer on January 14, 2005, 02:24:05 PM

I have tried some spyware programs only to find they contain spyware themselves! :o Imagine that. >:(

which ones john

Homer

Quote from: Surfdown on January 14, 2005, 02:28:12 PM
Quote from: Homer on January 14, 2005, 02:24:05 PM

which ones john

It was a long time ago. I would rather not guess and give people the wrong impression but anytime I install software I scan it with everything I got. You can never be too careful. ;)

Surfdown

np i have used loads still have not found one that can stand alone i have to use about three

Homer

Surfdown

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Homer on January 14, 2005, 02:02:03 PM

Thats what I have  :)

fuzzyferrets

Homer

theoneandonly

I run AOL spyware - its free i run it along side McAfee Firewall and Norton
You gotta run it it regular - like at least once a week
Always check your PC - you cant be too careful
O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview