PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 07:33:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Don't know if anyone is a fan of this series from 1978-80 I believe. The new series begins tonight at 9pm on Sci-Fi channel. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

viper061697

i am a big fan of the original but i am not going to watch the remake i think it is not going to be as good i seen the previews and i seen the movie they did and i didnt think it was that good the original is better

Homer

I'm gonna give it a chance. I was a bit dissapointed with the movie. ???

Topher

I'm watching....to me, bad sci fi is better than no sci fi at all.

Butterfly Fairy

I was disappointed with the movie as well, so I can't wait to see what the series is like!!  :D

pander1

i believe that the new series is nothing like the old ones, the men in the old ones are now women and the cyphons are now humans

pander1

sorry, not to sure how to spell cyphons, i mean you know the robots - machines

theoneandonly

Sorry to go of on a .tangent........
But what about 'Xena Princess Warrior'
She is a babe
And Yes I am female  - What a beautiful lady she is - she has eyes.....so pretty
Whoaa I wish I was her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LustyPirateWench

Wow - I must be one of the only ones who think that this series is so much better than the original. Both with visual design, effects and character developement.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Ridhard Hatch - been to too many con's where he's acted like an idiot thinking that he was the ONLY star of the original.

Like Olmos so much more better than Loren Greene - Olmos actually looks the part of a war haggard' leader... The new Apollo has a conscience... Starbuck is HOT on either show... Boomer a cylon?? What a rush!

Anyway - my 2 cents worth...

LPW...

PNWHockeyFan

I personally thought it was fairly good- and will watch it in the future, I also liked the background music LOL.
Didn't care much for them changing Starbuck to a woman though.
and its spelled "Cylons" as far as that is concerned.

Homer

It was ok. Did they ever say why the cylons attacked every 33 minutes? ???

PNWHockeyFan

I dont think they did, I could tell right away though that the Jap chick was a Cylon.
Kinda wierd that one guy on the ship that keeps having the Blond Cylon talk to him LOL. (Where he could see her and all but no one else can)

Homer

She might be one but I thought that was too obvious. I started thinking it was the head mechanic setting her up. Just something I dreamed up. ;)

PNWHockeyFan

I just saw the previews and in the next epp she admits to the guy(her lover?) that shes a cylon. If you remember the human jap chick is still on Caprica as she had stayed behind to find and help a very close friend.

Homer

Yeah your probably right. I'm always looking for the twist in the storyline. :-\

Homer

The new season starts tongiht on Sci-Fi Channel 10pm EST  :D

Iceman007

The original Battlestar Galactica is the best.Every so often they have like a marathon of the old series on sci-fi channel from like 9am-6pm e.s.t. time.I never miss it.

Adacia

I used to love BG as a child. I can barely remember a thing about it now as I was so young. I know that Noah Hathaway played something in the original and I just adore that actor. He played Atreyu on 'The NeverEnding Story'. That was one of the best movies of all time IMO.

I haven't watched a movie in the theater since 'Titanic' came out, but may check this one out. Unless I have a game controller and a psx in front of me, I can't sit still. I do have a feeling though that this will be a good movie.

Ethan_Hawley

Dragged this topic back from the depths...

...but yeah I'm a Galactica nut.  Love the new series, much better graphically than the original TV series (also very good). 

Season 3 finale this friday.  Anyone else excited?

SI

Awesome series!  I love the new premise behind the Cylons; talk about trippy!  My only complaint is that the seasons seem to be really short (compared to most tv series).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview