PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 05:31:40 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Important Please Read

Started by pogoluvr,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogoluvr

O.k. I was sending pm's to everyone that wanted the "link" on the new games....well you know how you get a message in your e-mail..(well I have virus protection right)....I was sent a virus by someone I sent the link to... >:D....Not a cool thing to do..

So just a word of caution, careful who you pm, if you pm don't open the e-mail...

fLLn_AnGL_wNo_HaLo

u may want to just view your PMs thru the site instead of your email

i think that might help?
but im not too sure

admin

You could please explain a little more? PM'ing is separate from emailing. When you PM someone, your email address is not given away, and it is all done through the forum.

pogoluvr

I understand it is through the forum, but why did i get about 5 or 6 e-mails from people i sent pm's to.......I had never pm'ed anyone except Homer before....

admin

Did you give away your email address? Do you have email notification for PM's turned on?

Dream Faerie

Quote from: pogoluvr on January 14, 2005, 07:48:19 PM
I understand it is through the forum, but why did i get about 5 or 6 e-mails from people i sent pm's to.......I had never pm'ed anyone except Homer before....

Do you mean you sent them PM's with your email address?

touitsjesse

I got the same messages in my email also, but if i remember, i also have notification to my regular email if i have PM's in here, this way if i happen to come here and not notice i have a PM, i can see through my email and come back and check. I never read notifications going to my email, for the most part i already know what they are for and just delete.

pogoluvr

Well that is the bad part I am new to all of this....I guess you learn the hard way  :'( , but my pc is fixed and working fine now...I love this site....I just won't be sending any pm's anymore  :)

Dream Faerie

Quote from: pogoluvr on January 14, 2005, 08:32:43 PM
Well that is the bad part I am new to all of this....I guess you learn the hard way  :'( , but my pc is fixed and working fine now...I love this site....I just won't be sending any pm's anymore  :)

I dont understand why you wont send PM's.. Did you give out your email address in the PM's? YOu can still PM & not give out your email address...

fLLn_AnGL_wNo_HaLo

Quote from: pogoluvr on January 14, 2005, 08:32:43 PM

pogoluvr, u can turn off the email notification, so they wont go into your inbox and u can just your PMs forum-style.
To turn off email notification:
go to "profile"
then "personal message options"
from there, you can un-check the box so u dont receive the messages into your email

hope this helps!
and i am also wondering if maybe your email virus protection just alerted you, to let you know there was something it wasnt familiar with?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview