PlayBuddy
September 23, 2024, 05:24:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My Thoughts

Started by Bunnie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnie

Ok, here goes, don't mean to offend anybody but I want to know what others think as well! OK.. yes, i am in a league, I play the games but lets see who agrees... I think that there should be rooms that are just for leagues and they actully state that they are for leagues like ex.Tri Peaks Carhusanta River could say Tri Peaks Carhusanta River League Room... Solve a few  problems if it did it that way.. like the league players would know whose talking to them, and then the other non league players wouldnt get so "moody" and say things they shouldnt with the league members... OK.. THOUGHT #2 Kids.. dont get me wrong, theres a few I like... But most of them in these rooms just like to cause trouble.. Should be rooms for kids only and they should have to stick to those rooms, got to be someway, somehow pogo could do this.. The fiance got banned here a couple of months ago because he beat some kid 5 games of pool and each time all he said was gg (good game) the kid reported him and he got banned for 5 days... Kids start trouble and then they report the "adult" ( us big kids) So.. what does everybody think???? The League thing most is hmmm welll getting annoying!
But those are just my thoughts...

Gator

Well hmmmm. That would make 80% of the rooms League rooms then. Why do you league players have to try and make 1 in every room?. Why not just join up in 1 that is already going?. I dont have a problem w/ leaguers except for the spamming- "enter this #","i got 1945,i got ___, i got ___ , i got ___"
As for non-leaguers saying something unappropriate...personally i have only come across leaguers thinking they "own" a room and chat as if everything typed is directed towards them. If league players dont think people should mind the telling of scores by 30 ppl every game, they should'nt be concerned about chat they dont like, after all it is free and open chat. Gets kind of hard and annoying to chat when you are constantly interupted by the telling of scores.
    There's 1 opinion.

Homer

Doesn't bother me because i always have chat turned off. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

campy

Ok here is my thought. I agree in part with Gator and I agree in part with Bunnie. I am a head admin for a league. First of all the rooms are for everyone not just league members. Anyone is welcomed in these rooms. I have seen people that are rude to league members, I have also seen league people rude to non league members. Some league members do think they own the room and this is not true. Pogo lets us use these rooms as long as there is no trouble. Also agree with Homer lol. If you don't like want you see in the room you have a few choices: either turn your chat off, go with the flow or if you want to talk to others then I suggest private chat. Bunnie if we did not have anyone but league members it wouldnt be good because we do spam in these rooms in hope to get more members to join the league.  If we didnt have this how would they know about the league.

At one time I had no idea what a league was and happened to be in a room with one and watch them for awhile and became interested and learned more. But we have to remember we do share these rooms and all have to get along. If someone don't want in the league then league members should not pressure them.

As for the kid's room, well the way I see it this will never happen. Pogo does have teen rooms for them to go into and they just don't.  I have also seen older people in these rooms to. You have to remember that this is a family site and you have to remember there are all types in and out of these rooms.

Oh one more thing, Bunnie may I suggest if you are not sure who you are talking to add them to your friends list and refresh the room. This way all of the ones in the league will be in red font and not black.

Ok well that is just my opinion on the matter.

Bunnie

Ok.. well thanks for your thoughts on this.. but what I was really saying is... when your in a league, you have others in the room even reporting you just because you are in a league.. I am saying I don't want to get banned...  I joined a league, played a few games, some people can be really nasty, yes of course you can mute them... But I also agree with them because some leagues do think they own the room, asking people not to chat to their friends because they have to post their rules and their points.. WHICH is not fair to the non league members who are trying to talk to more then just one person, so private chat don't work.. PROS & CONS for all of it... That is why I thought it would be good to just have certain rooms only for leagues, and certain rooms only just for playing...Would be less people getting ticked off at fewer people....Same as the kids.. a lot of people do not have profiles, you have no idea sometimes whose joining you to play a game of whatever.. all of a sudden you beat them at whatever, find out its been a kid, they swear or say nasty stuff , next thing you know , they are reporting you for something they did, AND NO pogo doesnt check to see whats been said before they ban you. I know people that have been banned for doing nothing and saying nothing just because some kid gets his/her ass up for loosing. BTW Homer... You I think your on to something, just turn chat off!! O0

campy

Bunnie hope I didnt upset you but that was just my opinion and I understand what your saying. As long as I have been a head admin I have never seen a league member get banned because someone has turned them in. Pogo allows these leagues as long as we follow there TOS. I'm not saying it hasnt happend but I haven't seen it. Also no matter what you do in pogo there will always be something to worry about.  If you are worried you may get banned because of something else someone is doing then may I suggest that you either print screen or use Print Key, Prink Key is free to use and we use this all the time when we are in leagues. This way you have proof to send to pogo and they have always been fair when I have used it.

If you playing in a room and someone does say something out of line then print the whole conversation and you have yourself covered. Trust me I have used Print Key numerous times. Also I  hate to say it but I have had people in leagues just out right lie that they had won the game when they really didn't. I have some of players that will print the screen to show the total score.  This really helps because we are not in the room with you and don't know who did finally win.  You don't have to use it every single time you play and monitor everything that is said but if you feel uncomfortable with something that is going on in one of the rooms it becomes a great tool.  I'm am sry you are not really having a good time in the leagues but maybe this might help a little. ;)

smiles29

here is a good idea. instead of making league only rooms, on the room tabs when there is a league going on put some kind of icon or something next to the name of the room announcing that a league is in progress and then when the league game is over remove icon. Because i get very discouraged when i enter a room when there is a league game in progress coz i have a VERY hard time finding a table to play at or even finding partners to play with coz they all in league. it takes too much time finding a room thats not in the middle of a league game however if im already in a room thats different. its just when i log on and join room. but thats just my opinion.

Snarechick

I think that far too often leagues think they are doing something "big" or "grand" on Pogo that demands the needs of the room above other paying club members.  I've seen excess amounts of spamming, even after other non-league members ask politely if they could stop.  I too have my own league, but we try to make our presence in the room felt as minimally as possible.  Instead of taking over the chat window, we use AIM and set up our own chat room to coordinate our games, scores, etc.  It can sometimes be a pain in the arse, but it's better than having other report you for spamming the chat and getting into "fights" in the chat window with other members.

LustyPirateWench

I never understood why tournements weren't just conducted in PC's...

seems the simple solution to everyone's concerns...

LPW...

LadyMystik

I have never played in a league, so I have no opinion on that.

But, when talking about kids...think of how many kids use their parent's accounts. Just because an account is registered to an adult, you never know if you're playing the account holder. I think having a 'kids only' area wouldn't do any good. Sorry :(

badcrazygirl

Doesn't bother me because I don't pay attention to the non league members I just pay attention to the tourniment and against who I have to.I used to be in a league and heres some advice just not pay attention to the non-members and play.

drgnwrrr4onyx

wow where to begin this may be my longest post yet. as head admin of a league and htd of 4 others it is hard to voice a non bias oppinion but i can say that when i am hosting i try to be respectful to other players and not scroll chat with junk. I have seen leagues as said in previous oppinion act as though they "own the room".  Bad example if your trying to get someone to join your league. Then there seem to be players that hate leagues for one reason or another. its a big go round true but in order to make a league successful i have found that keeping the balance in the room to a mediocre level is the best way. If your hosting and someone starts bashing you mute then and go about your tournament. If your being annoyed by a league that is being pushy, mute them and go about your game. Due to this i agree with homer if im not hosting or playing a tourney my chat is off. Just remember that if things get out of hand and a cursing or shouting match begins in the room try to stay clear of it. You never know who is going to take offense to what someone says and report them then if you get involved you risk your account being blocked as well even though you didnt start it. I personally learned this the hard way about 3 months ago. 72 hr suspension for trying to get someone out of the room who was bashing the whole league. I slipped and got mad and cursed that was all it took. Simply put some pogo players have to feed off of drama its an addiction to them. Another reason why i stay out of uncensored rooms. I like to get loud and drunk and cuss like the best of them but have learned to tone it wayyyyyyyyy down in pogo. Personally i dont see a solution to this ever. pogo doesnt acknowledge the leagues or support them that is cases or who ever you use. True they do have some tournament rooms but look at the rooms lately. They are changing all the time with the new games comming out. My league has been evicted of 2 rooms so far so guess moral is when it all boils down pogo is still the gods over the chat. :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview