Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

getting attacked by **** pages

Started by fuzzyferrets,

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzyferrets

when i use internet explorer everysite i go on or try to go to its ****. like if i go on www.pogo.com it will be some **** site. i have ran ad aware, spybot, hijackthis. they didnt help at all please help.

Homer

Yup. You been hijacked. Do a google search for CWShredder see if that helps. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

fuzzyferrets

i ran cwshredder and it found nothing. i hate spyware. why do people want to mess up other peoples computers?

fuzzyferrets

it only happens in ie. so the problem is there. i am using fire fox right now and i'm going to until i can fix ie.

fuzzyferrets

i keep getting a windows xp window that is labled <admin edit rmoved link so others don't get infected>it is something related to spyware

Homer

Have you tried webroot's spysweeper? I think it has a free trial. Also, if you have installed any new software recently you might try uninstalling it. They hide all kinds of nasty stuff in the programs depending on where you are getting it from. Do you use anti virus and firewall? If not you should. ;)

Adacia

Been hijacked before and it's no fun at all. I have completely restored my puter a few times because of it. I still have something called BonziBuddy and it seems impossible to get rid of. I've run several virus and spyware programs and they only help so much it seems. All of them say certain system32 files cannot be scanned, so am guessing my problem is somewhere there. It's very aggrivating

fuzzyferrets

Homer

You can also try going into control panel and ad remove software to see if there is anything strange installed there. If there is remove it but make sure you know what your removing first.

Homer

Here's another site for you. I typed the website domain in and this software popped up. I don't know how reliable it is.

http://www.spyferret.com/

fuzzyferrets

thank you for all your help i am running webroot right now. i'll tell you if it worked

Adacia

Thx for the good advice Homer and thx so much for the vcr link on the other off topic post I did earlier. You are awesome

Homer

kazandchip

update ad aware and spybot this happened to a friend yesterday and they also had thier dialler changed to a mobile (oops cell) phone in Holland, they updated and it found the hijack

Dream Faerie

Quote from: fuzzyferrets on January 20, 2005, 06:41:42 PM
thank you for all your help i am running webroot right now. i'll tell you if it worked

I bought webroot Before I heard about Spybot. I actually cant decide which is better lol.

touitsjesse

andi guess if all else fails and your running windows XP, you can always resort to restoring to an earlier time when you didnt have all those pesky pop ups. It works 90% of time, but the reloading of any programs can be tedious.

Jeffer

I've used Spybot, Ad Aware and Webroot.  I ended up buying Webroot.  I have teenagers and it has kept my computer clean for 3 months now..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview