PlayBuddy
July 04, 2024, 10:35:37 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Looking for a lot of answers -- autos, jackpots, prize receipt, etc.

Started by Mewtwo,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewtwo

Since many people who know this stuff better than me post here, I was hoping to get a few questions answered:

1.  (Directed towards BadgeHelpBob) What occurs if an auto hits a jackpot?  Does it keep playing, or does it cease immediately?  I think it'd be pretty unrealistic for a player to play a game for 4 hours, hit a $4999.99 jackpot, then just keep playing...

2.  Has anyone here ever won -- AND SUCCESSFULLY CLAIMED -- a jackpot using an auto program?

3.  (Continuation of #2) For those who have had gameplay audited, how far back does Pogo check?  I certainly would be peeved if I was legitimately playing Vaults of Atlantis, hit the JP, and then told I was going to be banned/have the JP revoked because I was running Stoppit 2 weeks ago.

Mayhem

I know one thing for sure .. if you win the jackpot, a big screen popups over the game window and that stops the auto from playing any further  O0
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

homelessdog

If you win a jackpot, you can be pretty sure they're going to audit your account a lot farther back than just two weeks.  They'll do whatever they need to insure that they don't have to pay out any large sums of money.

Motley

Yeah, they probably will audit your account for as long back as they could.  I know that if I hit a JP in the next few moments that I won't get it, I realized yesterday I had my Java logging off.  That would make them suspicious, even though I can't remember changing it. 

bob@pogopal

LustyPirateWench

So I guess the question here is this : Has anyone that you know of WON something other than a screen saver or wall paper while using an auto, and what was the outcome?

LWP...

pogoisevil

I won $20 last July...took about 6 weeks to get it.

I've run autos in the past, but can't remember how far back. I was not using an auto when I won the bucks.

drgnwrrr4onyx

won a jackpot in poppit a 50$ prize and a20$ prize on auto depends on how you run them if you run them overnight or wide open like a bat out of u know where then yeah pogo will catch you be smart O0

Homer

Java is a programming language that is specifically designed for writing programs that can be safely downloaded to your computer through the Internet and immediately run without fear of viruses or other harm to your computer or files. Using small Java programs (called "Applets"), Web pages can include functions such as animations, calculators, and other fancy tricks. Java is a simple, robust, object-oriented, platform-independent multi-threaded, dynamic general-purpose programming environment. It is best for creating applets and applications for the Internet, intranets and any other complex, distributed network. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

LustyPirateWench

So let me see if I understand this.

If I win a jackpot on the machine I use the auto on - they can and probably will catch it - but if I use a machine that is totally clean of all auto's (say my Mac as opposed to my p4) they can't trace it? What are they using to check for auto's? Is there some log THEY keep of our accounts or is it something we have on our pc's? And if it's on our pc's why aren't we erasing it after we use an auto.

Sorry - I'm knew at the auto thing - and I'm still way confused...

BTW - is there actually going to be a TAX REFUND sale?? I have an auto or four in mind that I'm a needing ;)

LPW...

bob@pogopal

LPW,

Your understanding is way off base. Pogo cannot see autos, but Pogo can see inhuman feats.

If you only ever used a Mac, you could rightly point to that as proof that you never used an auto on the grounds that none of the available autos will run on a Mac. However, Pogo cannot see what is running on your computer regardless of the type of computer.

Java applets run in what is commonly called 'a sandbox'. For security reasons, the sandbox is severely limited. Pogo cannot see the auto on your computer directly unless you download and run an executable file for them. Their EasyInfo application, for instance, would show the auto in the list of processes if you ran EasyInfo while an auto was running. But EasyInfo is not a java applet like the games; it is a native executable.

Pogo can only really guess about auto use. However, if you use an auto to perform inhuman feats, Pogo can see the inhuman feats even if they cannot see the auto. An auto can run tirelessly for days, weeks or months whereas a human cannot. An auto might submit a series of mouse movements so quickly that it would be physically impossible to reproduce the timing by moving a mouse. An auto might spell a sequence of words faster than a human can read the letters to use.

If you let your autos perform inhuman feats, Pogo's guess that you are using an auto is a highly informed guess.

LustyPirateWench

So wouldn't that just mean people would run auto's on the medium speed or make sure there are pauses inbetween the clicks of the auto (I've think i've seen those options in the Mah jong one).

Also - they would have to keep a log of the amount of time you are online - and that would only mean that the account was in use - and several people can use the same account (I've seen account names with "family" or dual names like jim and sarah).

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions - I'm just trying to get a feel for this :)

And thanks for the time in answering!

LPW...

Scarlett

Well, No JP wins here.  All I get are the WP and SS.  But I know you still get the little window saying you won something and for my computer it depends.  Sometimes it shuts my auto off and other times it just moves it to the back ground window and keeps playing my game.  I know I'd never get the JP because I'm an insomniac I sleep about 3-4 hours every day or even less and most of the time I'm on pogo with Autos or not.  So even if I wasn't using autos people think I look suspicious because I'm online so much.   

Also, I wanted to mention to everyone I turned in a complaint to Pogo that you all might want to consider doing.  It might get me banned but I'm so sick of being unable to play(via me or my auto) without the threat from those nosey players that threaten to turn us in for using autos just because we don't reply in chat.  I was frustrated and it's not very well written but I thought I'd put it on the board in case you wanted to submit a copy under your own name in hopes pogo will wake up and notice that part of the problem is some people just enjoy causing trouble.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am tired of having to explain myself to people I don't want to chat with why I'm not chatting.  You have the option of CHAT OFF and yet if I use it I get threatened by members who say they are turning me in simply because I didn't reply in chat.  I love pogo have loved it since I was introduced to it by AOL but lately it has become a nightmare.  The friends I do have on pogo being stalked by other users who threaten or berate them for not saying TY everytime they offer wtg's, etc.  I play the games for fun and of course now the badges and here I am sitting around worrying about JoeBlow234 thinking I owe him a TY or Hello. 
If I am harrassing or bothering someone that is one thing(and I don't do that), but I am tired of the endless threats by other members if I don't sit around thanking them for a service I pay your company for not them.  Yes I can turn my chat off but most of the time I keep it on because I do have a few friends I enjoy chatting with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mikesangel

i don't use auto's hardly at all. because, i really don't know anything about them, but i don't chat either. i leave it on, but no one i know comes in where i am. sometimes my grandson is playing some of the games and he's only 7, can't read real good yet and can't spell good either. i do walk away from my puter at times and leave my name in a room. i don't talk about anyone, just play my games.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview