PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 05:33:18 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

reformatting

Started by pogoluvr,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogoluvr

I have a question....I hope someone can help me.....If you get a trojan on your pc and can't get it off, can you have the pc reformatted and fix this???? :-\

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

You should be able to remove the horse but if not and you reformat and start all over it will get rid of it.  Just remember to save all the stuff that you don't want to lose.

touitsjesse

if you have windows XP, you can just do a system restore to an earlier time.

pogoluvr

Thanks ya'll I was starting to freak..... :o  yes I run XP so I will just do a system restore.....again,Thanks

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

touitsjesse

i would also recommend what homer recomends, he seems to know alot of good programs to have on your computer, for me ad-aware seems to solve 80 % of my problems,but there are others that work as good. Advice - you can never have enough malware protection on your computer, but you can have too many virus scanners(they seem to conflict with one another) .

~Dazz~

for some reason i can not get ad aware to run on my pc...it installs fine but when i go to run it i get an error message.  :(

Homer

There are some things that all pc owners should have and use.

1. Firewall
2. Anti Virus
3. Spyware Protection

There are free programs that you can use to protect your computer if you can't afford to buy protection. Also rememner to keep the programs updated because new viruses etc are born on the internet every day.

An unprotected pc is like sex without a condom. Eventually your going to get something nasty. :(

Homer

Quote from: KyDreamz on January 25, 2005, 11:08:47 AM
for some reason i can not get ad aware to run on my pc...it installs fine but when i go to run it i get an error message.  :(

Try Spybot Serch & destroy then. ;)

~Dazz~

yea i have & run spybot but wanted a 2nd to catch what the other might miss.

Homer

You can try the new one from Microsoft or go to www.download.com and search for one

The top ranked one is from webroot but is only free to try.

~Dazz~

thanx for the info homer...will check out the link. microsoft isn't supported for windows me so i figured it wouldn't run on my pc. should find something at download.com tho. ty

Homer

pogoluvr

Homer

pogo tycoon

I have windows ME, I could never reboot my computer because it appears i didnt get the disk to do it. unless reinstall windows ME is it and it  dosnt sound right.

IndianLover

yes I agree that Homer and the rest of the administration are great as well as the members I learn so much from reading the topics.... from other topics I also got the ad-aware and the microsoft one and they work great on top of my trusty Norton, tks again to every1  O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview