Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

PinochlePlayer

Started by CrazyLady33,

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyLady33

:- I need help I download the pinochleplayer and it says moving down and it moves but wont play the game just like I wasn't running nothing what can I do to fix this problem
Windows XP
No SP2
1024/768
32 Bit
Internet Explorer
Not Sun Java
VM Java

BadgeHelpBill

I'm a bit confused... What says "Moving Down"?

Make sure Smooth Font Edges is turned off.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

???

CrazyLady33

I right clicked desktop properties appearance effects unchecked everything there
is there another place this might be to ? :-[
I NEED HELP LOL

CrazyLady33

I emailed badge help but now I tried to log back into my yahoo account it ain't letting me says password wrong or the member don't exist :( I guess today aint my day so if you see this badge help could you please mail me here ?

Bakerman

Yes I run some of the other autos and they work great, but the Pinochle player does give me a Run Time Error "9" Subscipt Out Of Range, once in a while. I cant seem to get it run for long periods or time. Is there anybody else having the same problems with the runtime error?

AttaGirl42

Hi

I downloaded Pinochle Player last night to try the trial version and I loved it and let it play until the shareware percentage was finished. I then, this morning, went to the site and paid to register it. I find now, after getting my password back from Oscar and registering it, it no longer works at all.  At the bottom of the player, it says Fully Registered or functional or something like that, but it shows it's been registered. I'm doing nothing different from last night when the trial was playing. Is there a bug that happens after we register it?

Hope to get some feedback as this is disappointing.

Thanks for any feedback!  :)

AttaGirl42

BadgeHelpOscar

Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

AttaGirl42

Ok, I'll do that! Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

I'm new here and love all the information I've gotten from it and especially like knowing I can get answers that are legit!

AttaGirl42

Hello

I just deleted the Pinochle Player and then re-downloaded it and now it's once again working great! :)

Thanks for the tip!

AttaGirl42

Hevenleigh

I really love the program....but there's one thing wrong with it. When your partner has the trick, the program does not give them a counter, it just picks the lowest card in the suit. This can cause problems when trying to make your bid cause sometimes every counter counts!

BadgeHelpBill

Actually, it does.

It is set to throw the lowest counter if your partner has the trick and the opponent on the right has not either trumped the trick, or thrown a higher card of the same suit.

If the opponent on the right or the left has the trick, then PP throws the lowest card possible.

CartmenX

PinochlePlayer just doesnt open for me at all.. here is the error i get:

First of all its one of those big errors in windows XP you know you when you have to report it to Microsoft?

So i clicked to see what data this error contained this is what it said:

Error Signature
AppName: pinochleplayer[1].exe    AppVer: 1.0.0.4    ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106    Offset: 00013887

Reporting Details
This error report includes : information regarding the condition of Pinochle Player when the problem occurred the operating system version and coputer hardware in use your digital product ID which could be used to identify your license and the Internet Protocol (IP) addess of your computer,

We do not intentionally collect your files, name, address, email address or any other form of personally indentifiable information how ever the error report could contain customer-specific information such as data from open files  While this information could potentially be used to determine your identity, if present it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem if more information is available we will tell you when you report the problem  This error report will be sent using a secure connection to a database with limited access and will not be used to marketing purposes.

1st of all should i send the report or not
2nd what the hell did all that mean? :o ::) :-\

Scarlett

I've been unable to get it to work either.  I've downloaded it three times and it just sits there. :'(

dennis

What I found was the auto only plays when you are on a 150 game.  If you try to play a 100 game then it just sits there so maybe you should check what the finish score on the games are and see if this helps at all.

BadgeHelpBill

Whoops!

I had several reports of the same bug from several people. After working with a few one-on-one, I realized that I had broken something in PinochlePlayer v1.0.4.

Please visit the badgehelp website and download PinochlePlayer v1.0.2. It works better the 1.0.4, but be forewarned that you may experience the Runtime Error 9 issue. I am working on a fix for it now...

AttaGirl42

My Pinochle Player 1.04 plays on 100 point games. I've noticed one thing however, but have figured out what to do. I've noticed when it just sits there and does nothing at the beginning, I need to exit completely out of Pogo, then come back and start Pinochle again fresh. I'm not sure why, but now when I plan on playing Pinochle, I just exit Pogo first and everything is good to go. I find this is such a small thing, it hasn't caused me a problem really. I just start Pogo new and then watch those pinochles pile up.

Hope this helps! :)

BadgeHelpOscar

delete your 1.0.4 and download 1.0.2 from the website. There should be an update this weekend.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

BadgeHelpBill

Well I'll be a... For the love of... AAARRRGGGGHHH.

First of all, thank you all for the screen snapshots. I have had several complaints from customers that their PinochlePlayer didn't work. I was baffled. I couldn't figure out why some people's ran like a charm and some didn't work at all.

Per one customer's snapshot, they are playing on the purple side rather than the pink side. Here's the deal... I test my programs extensively in "Practice with Robots" - which make the "Turn" signal Pink - which, I use to determine when it is time to play. But if you go into a room and pick a different chair - which makes your "Turn" signal purple - it won't work. Simply put, PinochlePlayer doesn't know it is your turn.

Thank you to all who helped me with this one. I will post a fix to badgehelp ASAP. In the meantime, you can get it running by playing at the pink spots.

CartmenX

Thanks Bill

Your very welcome for all the snap shots and everything
thanks again badgehelp for all the HELP and support! :) O0

okkay

Quote from: BadgeHelpBill on December 02, 2004, 05:13:43 AM
Whoops!

I had several reports of the same bug from several people. After working with a few one-on-one, I realized that I had broken something in PinochlePlayer v1.0.4.

Please visit the badgehelp website and download PinochlePlayer v1.0.2. It works better the 1.0.4, but be forewarned that you may experience the Runtime Error 9 issue. I am working on a fix for it now...

I recently purchased the Pinochle helper but keep getting the Runtime Error 9 that you speak of.  Curious as to if there is a fix yet?  Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview