This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

To the creators of this site, thank you for saving my pogo account

Started by Bworms1980,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bworms1980

I've been coming here for a few months. I don't know much about computers but I love games and I love being a member of a good pogo forum. I heard a friend talking about java and badges, but didn't know what they meant. I came here and searched and saw the warnings against ever doing anything with your pogo java. I had completely forgotten anything about java until this morning. My friend and neighbor down the street called me crying and upset. Apparently one of her pogo buds had given her some java thingy for a game and she did whatever with it and it allowed her to complete the game in a few hours. Then she recieved a popup that said sending to "the other site" or something like that and she recognized her pogo login and password. It sent her pogo info someplace else  :o. She said while she was freaking out wondering what was going on, pogo popped up a message saying that she had signed in on another computer and kicked her off. She went and looked for her She didn't know what was going on, but a few hours later the friend who gave her the file to begin with, IM's her in a panic saying not to use the java thing. She said that the creator put a bug in it. The bug sends your private pogo info to them, and they go on your name and delete your emails, friends list, and ALL game stats. Although she shouldn't have used it, I feel very bad for her, even if she wasn't my friend I would still be sad for her. She was at rank 23 in popfu, after all these months, and rank 43 in WWW and now she has to start over in all these games and so many are so very long. I just don't think it was a very nice thing for this person to do.
But I thank the creators of this site for warning us about this java thing. Thank you very much. I think you might have saved a lot of accounts.

IndianLover

Yes it is very unfortunate that you friend faced that... it's sad that hackers like to hurt people, but this site you are right is excellent, we are all here for the same reasons to get our badges and talk to cool people  O0

Homer

That's why you shouldn't use cracks, hacks etc. The people who make these hacks/cracks do not have your best interests at heart. When you download files from an unknown source you open yourself up to all kinds of nasty things. You could find yourself losing more than your pogo account. :(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Bworms1980

very true homer. And found out another little tidbit about it apparently he is doing this because some people got his cracks for free. She said he's selling them at $30 a pop. So to "punish" them, he added something that will say who bought it and who got it somewhere else for free. But my thing is, these are the same people who give out cracks to auto programs and he think thats fair to cheat badgehelp and any other auto maker? But he wants to cry when someone does it to him and get malicious. I also think these are the people we have to thank for the whole bingo incident the other day.