Main Menu

Pinochle Dbl Browser

Started by Scarlett,

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

O0

Moksha

dark_mongoose

I dont have the auto but I wold like to some other time > you can double with yourself and never lose though :)
Put you on one and the doubled on the other, and discretly sabotage the other by slightly over-bidding and giving yourself extra notes ;)

Jason

Commander_Powell

Back when pogo had the free 14-day passes for the holidays, I signed up multiple user names and had four browsers going at once with Smart Explorer.

Still took about two weeks to get the master badge, but it worked great.  I've never seen anyone else with that badge either...  ;D

smiles29

yes i have the same sort of ?. i have tried the double browsing on the one computer a, it works on 2 different sn's in 2 different games but i cannot get it to do rite on 2 different sn's in the same game. when i go to load up the game on the second sn, it loads it in the same game window and logs out the 1st sn. so the ? is how do i get it to load up the 2nd sn in a seperate game window under the 2nd browser? :'( :-\

touitsjesse

If im right and i think someone can correct me if im wrong, you need tohave a seperate java for each running browser. i tried in the past to run seperate browsers off the same java and it would NOT let me do it what so ever,so try that. There are differant javas out there, if your running XP and you save and load too many javas that it conflicts with your computer you can always restore back to before you tried this.

smiles29

Quote from: Barbara on February 04, 2005, 06:30:17 AM
It's smart browser you are looking for. Do the research and you will find the formula. I've used this method before and it does work. You need 2 different javas.

ok. i have 2 different javas on my puter and when i go in to check and uncheck which java i want to use it requires restart and automaticaly restarts my puter.  so how am i supposed to use 2 browsers with 2 different javas at the same time? :-\

Commander_Powell

I don't have two different Javas.  I just used Smart Explorer.

Here's exactly what I do...

Start Smart Explorer.  Go to Pogo.  Sign in on my primary account.  Go to pinochle (usually the expert or master area) and go into a room.  (You should have two Smart Explorer windows open now.)  Go to the first window, (leaving the 'room' window), right click on the 'Sign In' link at the top and click 'open in new window'.  When the new window pops up, sign in with another SN.  Go to the same area as your first SN and enter their room, then repeat the process two more times.  Once you are done, you should have eight windows open - four will be the main pinochle area and four will be the room that all of your 'players' are in.  Starting with your primary 'player', start a private game at a table.  Then one-by-one, have your other 'players' join the table.  Now you should have 12 windows open.  At this point, I get rid of the first 'pinochle main area' windows for the ringers.

You should be good to go, unless Pogo has changed something since I last used Smart Explorer, about a month ago...

smiles29

Quote from: Commander_Powell on February 04, 2005, 02:39:47 PM
I don't have two different Javas.  I just used Smart Explorer.

Here's exactly what I do...

Start Smart Explorer.  Go to Pogo.  Sign in on my primary account.  Go to pinochle (usually the expert or master area) and go into a room.  (You should have two Smart Explorer windows open now.)  Go to the first window, (leaving the 'room' window), right click on the 'Sign In' link at the top and click 'open in new window'.  When the new window pops up, sign in with another SN.  Go to the same area as your first SN and enter their room, then repeat the process two more times.  Once you are done, you should have eight windows open - four will be the main pinochle area and four will be the room that all of your 'players' are in.  Starting with your primary 'player', start a private game at a table.  Then one-by-one, have your other 'players' join the table.  Now you should have 12 windows open.  At this point, I get rid of the first 'pinochle main area' windows for the ringers.

You should be good to go, unless Pogo has changed something since I last used Smart Explorer, about a month ago...

is there a place that i can go to to download the 'smart explorer'?

smiles29

Quote from: Barbara on February 04, 2005, 05:06:46 PM
have you tried www.smartexplorer.com?

i just tried it and that perticular address take me to a travel agency cite :-\ :'(

bob@pogopal

According to Google, you can find the Smart Explorer Homepage at http://www.smarteque.com/.

It even comes up in 1st place on the search (in case you are feeling lucky.)

beanie

Hey Commander,
I was wondering with the four browsers open for pinochle- how do you get all four screens to fit so you can play all four.  I can only see two at one tip since they are so large.  Can you or anyone help me with this. 

Thanks alot,
Beanie  ;)

bob@pogopal

If your video card and monitor support it, change your resolution to 1600x1200

beanie

Ok thank you so much sweetie, I will try that.  You guys are so quick to respond :).  I greatly appreciate you and your website.  Thanks again.
Beanie

Commander_Powell

I never could get to a point where I could see all four browsers at once, or at least play them correctly, (even at 1600x1200).

I just had the windows on the SE task bar and went back and forth between each one.  Didn't really bother me any - got pretty fast at playing...

touitsjesse

even if you put your settings at 1280x1024 and slightly overlap some of the sides and over lap your chat areas you can get all 4 in there with no problems.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview