Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

account investigating team

Started by touitsjesse,

Previous topic - Next topic

touitsjesse

This was taken from another site and wanted to know how true is this, has anyone heard anything about this?

Quoted as - "Word of warning!!! Pogo has started up a team to investigate accounts. If you run an auto at night, don't be surprised to come back in the morning and see a message saying "Your account is under review". It is happening folks, due to all the recent hacking they are investigating seriously. IF this happens to you, call pogo! As was stated to a member who called...only the honest ones who aren't running auto's bother to phone....so heads up and keep your accounts safe and sound. It may take a tad longer to get those tokens or that final game badge, but laying low for a few days is better then losing all you've worked for! "

MikeBe9

Does it matter? as long as you use Auto's wisely and your stats look humanly realsitic then you shouldn't have a problem even if they do investigate your account! I think the account investigation is because of people using Cracks (which is pointless!) to get all their In-Game badges in 1 day.

LustyPirateWench

Quote from: MikeBe9 on February 07, 2005, 03:44:59 AM
Does it matter? as long as you use Auto's wisely and your stats look humanly realsitic then you shouldn't have a problem even if they do investigate your account! I think the account investigation is because of people using Cracks (which is pointless!) to get all their In-Game badges in 1 day.

Which brings to mind a question - what is HUMANLY REALISTIC?

For instance  - I don't use an auto in Spider or in Aces Up and my Aces percentage is around 95 and my Spider is at 88. My Mah Jong is at 98!

Now the programs I would use an auto for like Bingo or Perfect Pair - my averages are 32 and 49. I've played so many games of PPS that even using an auto that would WIN every game - it would take me to the end of the game to get an unrealistic percentage.

Sorry - just musing out loud.

LPW...

bob@pogopal

LPW,

Winning percentage is not necessarily what they will look at. There are games where the best human players win every game with perfect scores.

However, those human players might have to spend some additonal time analyzing the situation, can only move the mouse so fast, and can only play for so many hours before they get tired.

Pogo will really have to look at the game and the auto in context to decide what evidence to look for, and in the end, they will still have to guess in most cases. As Pogo players, we also have to look at the game and the auto in context to decide what to do or not to do.

The hackers clearly cost Pogo a lot of money. Pogo had to yank the bingo challenge, which in turn meant they had to move the PPS challenge ahead a week and then scramble to create an entirely new challenge to take its place. Teams of people and weeks of effort=much money.

I hope the cost to Pogo doesn't grow so high that they end the service, and I hope they develop effective counter-measures for the hacks. I expect they will develop automated scripts for detecting and consequencing the past hack users. Creating a team of enforcers seems like an expensive way to deal with the problem in the long term, but might be necessary in the short term.

touitsjesse

i play alot of games that would seem humanly impossible like winnning virtualy every hand in PPS, but that doesnt mean i cheat. I think they might look at things like how long is it taking you to fininsh the games, for instance, although i fininsh 19 out of every 20 mahjong puzzles, i think unhumanly would be if i can finish them in under 2 minutes or even under 1 minute as to where i fininsh between 2-4 minutes, or maybe getting ALL the words in WWW.

I'm thinking, if there is an investigation team being formed, they might audit your account as if you won a JP or some other money prize. I dont think that they can afford to be putting every or most accounts under the microscope.

When i saw this i just thought maybe someone here heard about it. So if if there is any truth to this than i guess, be careful yall, i know i would scream if i saw that had my account under investigation. The rest of the thread where i go this continues on to say that while your account is under investigation, you would not be able to use your account.

Motley

I say let them investigate all they want, if they really are going to do it.  Am I worried?  Not really, I've had people threaten to turn me in because I have a 426 win streak in Mahjong.  Did I use an auto?  No, I have the auto for it but I have yet to use it on my account, and probably won't.  My old man uses it from time to time.  I guess someone got pissed that I won so many hands in a row and had a best time of 52 seconds.  A careful look at that would tell the world that I got that score during my first rank and it was either on the snake or dragon and even at rank 20, I still get under 2 minutes on those two animals.  My win streak is because I don't give up on the puzzles, last week it took me 10:46 to finish one rooster.  Yes, my percentage is in the 90% area, it would be perfect but I realized that if I don't finish a puzzle it logs it as a loss even though Pogo gives you a chance to finish the puzzle the next time you play.  So, I wouldn't worry too much about using autos as long as they are used responsibly.  I don't use them when I'm sleeping or if I'm going to be out of the room. 

Tazzy

My MahJongg best time is 51 seconds (so far the fastest I've seen....done on Easy and Snake) and my % is around 85%.  All done without the auto.  I use the auto on the un-fun games.....like WWW, PopFu, and slots.  ;D

fuzzyferrets

my best time was 1:09 and i was worried that i would get kicked out of pogo cause of that.

touitsjesse

i dont think those times are unrealistic, as long as they are for 1-2 certain puzzles, but if your getting those times on most or all of the puzzles, than i know i would be worried.

fuzzyferrets

ok i justed have found anyone that was even close to 2:00 so i was scared

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview