PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:44:10 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Tips and Secrets

Started by touitsjesse,

Previous topic - Next topic

touitsjesse

was browsing the latest community news and saw this...thought it was funny cause no where in here does it have any tips and secrets....

From pogo newletter:
So you think you're good? Well, Club Pogo puts you to the test with Challenges and lets you strut your stuff with Badges!

What are Badges?
Badges are graphic icons that show other players you've completed the challenges we issue. Once you've earned badges, you can then choose which badge you want to display from the ones you have earned. Badges are displayed next to your screen name in the "Who's Here" list in the room and in your profile.

What is a Badge Album?
Badge albums let you organize and manage the badges you've won. There are three kinds of Badge Albums: Challenge Badge Albums, Game Award Badge Albums, and Special Edition Badge Albums.

What are Challenges?
A Club Pogo Challenge is a weekly competition that lets Club Pogo fans show off their skills. For example, you may be challenged to pop 1,000 balloons or spell 500 words.

A Personal Challenge allows you to pick one additional challenge from your Challenge Badge Album and attempt to complete it each week. If you finish all of the challenges in a Challenge Badge Album, you'll win an Album Super Badge and 5,000 tokens.

A Group Challenge is an extra special challenge that has different rules from the regular weekly challenges. All you have to do to contribute is win tokens in any game during the challenge. We'll keep track of how many tokens everyone wins and will have a page to track everyone's progress. When enough Club Pogo members reach the goal in a Group Challenge, everyone who participated receives one of 3 badges! If you all pitch in enough to reach the third and final goal, we'll give everyone who contributed a super badge, a desktop wallpaper and a nice big token bonus!

fert

i dont c any tips...can ppl put a glitch up in this section :o

BoredNItaly

As I see the person was letting us know that POGO has that as the TOPIC "tips and SECRETS" and she was LOL because it shows no TIPS or SECRETS...........But just telling you about games.

touitsjesse

you know...with pogo, you never know, they have so many problems with like putting up 3 months of puzzles up in advance and messing up so bad, was hoping some employee was disgruntled and put up some secrets to get back at pogo...YOU NEVER KNOW.....lol... :P

ajkpolo

BoredNItaly

smiles29

well browsing pogo's latest news section, i found this:

Tips and Secrets — Challenges, Badges and Badge Albums
Part 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using your Badge Album

Here's a basic rundown of how the badge album features work.

To get to your badge albums, click the "Badge Central" link on the left side of the Club Pogo home page.

Once you click this link and enter the "Badge Central" area, the Badge Albums will be listed on the left side of the page.

If you want to pick out Personal Challenges, the albums you'll be interested in are the ones labeled with years (2003, 2004, 2005). You can see all of the challenges offered for a given year, or you can use the tools at the top to search for challenges from a particular game. For example, if you wanted to review all of the 2004 challenges in Pop Fu, you'd click on the 2004 album, and pick the options for 2004 and Pop Fu in the menus at the top, then click "Search".

Remember, some of our newer games won't have challenges in years before they were released, and in the early months of new years (like 2005), the badge albums won't have very many badges available until several weeks into the New Year.

Note: You can only pick one personal challenge per week. Sometimes, though, we offer special "Personal Challenge Marathon" events where you can complete up to three Personal Challenges in one week.

Club Pogo gives you all of this plus a whole lot more. If you aren't already a member, sign up for a Free Trial!

Stay tuned for Part 3 — Personal Challenges
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know this isnt much help but i just think that it is funny how they r calling this tips and secrets.  it looks more like a "how to manage/manuver through your account".  but there u have it for whatever its worth.   :( :o

LustyPirateWench

Quote from: touitsjesse on February 08, 2005, 11:53:32 PM
A Club Pogo Challenge is a weekly competition that lets Club Pogo fans show off their skills. For example, you may be challenged to pop 1,000 balloons or spell 500 words.

Man oh man, I'm lucky some days that I can even spell my own name... hence the abbreviation in my sig file... heh.

LPW
who spells like dead people dance.

touitsjesse

omg, they do have that in the community news...lol...so funny...so if part 3 is personal challenges, maybe part 4 will be the secrets....lol.

Motley

What are Challenges?

Maybe I'm bored but I found this rather humorous...I didn't really think of myself as a fan.  And, popping 1,000 balloons or spelling 500 words doesn't seem like a challenge to me.  Here would be a good challenge...getting a badge just for being able to stay connected to Pogo on a Wednesday.   ;D

LustyPirateWench

Quote from: touitsjesse on February 10, 2005, 06:41:05 PM
omg, they do have that in the community news...lol...so funny...so if part 3 is personal challenges, maybe part 4 will be the secrets....lol.

Well.. if the next secret is "The staff of Pogo is made up of incompitants and morons" I wouldn't be surprised.

Yet again - they KNEW there was going to be a huge amount of traffic on the servers and did nothing to prevent it/work it out. I think they need to invest some of my money in either RAM or new servers. Something that can actually DEAL with the quarter of a million people that log on by 6 pm every day. Right now there are 310,548 people logged on. The system is so bogged down. I've been trying to finish Aces and Spider so that when the new games come out, I won't have to worry about those game badges. No such luck. Even Word Whomp was infested with huge amounts of people.

I've taken to sleeping during the day - and playing at night (I work from home so I can do my work at any time). I've also taken to playing at the Kingdom of Loathing.

LPW...
A Pastamancer is Me!

smiles29

Maybe I'm bored but I found this rather humorous...I didn't really think of myself as a fan.  And, popping 1,000 balloons or spelling 500 words doesn't seem like a challenge to me.  Here would be a good challenge...getting a badge just for being able to stay connected to Pogo on a Wednesday.   (quote from Motley)

that is good.   that is a challenge all in itself.  and if that was the case i dont think very many people would get it tho.  lorl.

BadgeHelpOscar

Quote from: Motley on February 10, 2005, 07:24:39 PM

What are Challenges?

Maybe I'm bored but I found this rather humorous...I didn't really think of myself as a fan.  And, popping 1,000 balloons or spelling 500 words doesn't seem like a challenge to me.  Here would be a good challenge...getting a badge just for being able to stay connected to Pogo on a Wednesday.   ;D

I think an auto needs to be made for this.

We can call it WackyWednesday. It constantly tries to log into pogo for you. It also give you screen prompts like "YOU CAN DO IT" and "I'M TRYING LIKE HELL TO GET IN YOUR ROOM"
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

LustyPirateWench

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on February 10, 2005, 08:17:42 PM
We can call it WackyWednesday. It constantly tries to log into pogo for you. It also give you screen prompts like "YOU CAN DO IT" and "I'M TRYING LIKE HELL TO GET IN YOUR ROOM"

I think you should name it "Hopeless Cause"

Add the prompts:

Give Up Now to Save Your Sanity

Go Back To Sleep, We Will Wake You in the Unlikely Event We are Successful

What are you thinking?

heh.

LPW...

Lady Golden Eagle

Hi Oscar,
  You got my vote for that one.  lol

O0  >:D  ;D

smiles29

Quote from: Motley on February 10, 2005, 07:24:39 PM

What are Challenges?

I think an auto needs to be made for this.

Quote from: LustyPirateWench on February 10, 2005, 08:35:14 PM

I think you should name it "Hopeless Cause"

Add the prompts:

Give Up Now to Save Your Sanity

Go Back To Sleep, We Will Wake You in the Unlikely Event We are Successful

What are you thinking?

heh.

LPW...

that sounds like a real winner.  u have my vote on this one also.   O0

touitsjesse

here it is folks...the much anticipated saga of the tips and secrets of pogo...lol...yeah ok...no secrets or tips still...maybe in part 4 or 5..this is getting as bad as the rambo series.

Personal Challenges

Q: I can't start a personal challenge I want to try. Why?

A: We get this question pretty often. Here's what could be happening:

The challenge you want was offered less than a month ago. Challenges aren't available as Personal Challenges until 35 days after they are first offered.

OR

The challenge you want involves playing the same game as one of the "regular" challenges running in the current week. Two challenges can't use the same game at the same time. If you want to activate a challenge for a game that involves a regular challenge, you'll first need to finish the regular challenge/

For example, if you want to do the "Hidden Temple" challenge in Tri-Peaks, but this week's challenge (the "Squished Explorer" badge) just started, you'll have to finish the "Squished Explorer" challenge before you could do the "Lost Temple" challenge.

A quick way to determine if a Personal Challenge is available are the little indicator lights next to the badge slots.

A "Green" indictor means you can select the challenge.
A "Bright Green" indicator means you're currently doing that challenge.
A "Red" indicator means you can't activate this challenge at the present time.
An "Orange" indicator means you can't activate this challenge yet because there is currently a "Weekly" Challenge already active in that game. You'll need to complete that one first before you activate a Personal Challenge in that game this week.
A "clear" indicator means you've already completed your Personal Challenge for the week and can't activate another challenge until next Wednesday.

Club Pogo gives you all of this plus a whole lot more. If you aren't already a member, sign up for a Free Trial!

Stay tuned for Part 4 — Game Award and Special Edition Albums

smiles29

u beat me to it touitsjesse.  i was just gettin ready to post that and saw that u already did.   O0

philinuk

well done pogo,great job,now wheres the secrets ::) ::) ::)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview