Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Looking for a poem about dogs..Help

Started by Bunnie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnie

Ok.. totally way off topic I know.. but I am working on a scrap book of memories of my pets.. well the thing is, I have the poem Four Feet In Heaven for cats.. but I know there is one out there for dogs as well.. does anybody have it or know where I can get a copy.. Your help will be appreciated.. thanks in advance

Bunnie

I found the poem I was looking for.. it only took me 2 hours online looking.. probably would have helped if I had known the name.. here it is if anybody is interested...

"I STOOD BY YOUR BED LAST NIGHT"

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea.
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew,
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night,
God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

Author Unknown  :'(

Motley

Quote from: Bunnie on February 11, 2005, 03:58:48 AM
I found the poem I was looking for.. it only took me 2 hours online looking.. probably would have helped if I had known the name.. here it is if anybody is interested...

"I STOOD BY YOUR BED LAST NIGHT"

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea.
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew,
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night,
God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

Author Unknown  :'(

Oh jeez, this made me cry.   :'(  I have a 12 year old cat that I have to bring into the vet this afternoon.  I found 3 lumps on her chest right behind her left leg.  I don't know what they are and that's the worst part.  My mind keeps hoping it's only cysts and that she'll be fine but there's that other possibility of cancer that took her daughter 2 years ago.  I keep hoping for the best as she seems fine..no temp, eyes are still looking good, she eats, drinks, hasn't lost any weight, and still grooms herself.  My other cat let herself go and that was the first sign I knew something was wrong.  Well, I'm just going to sit here, play pogo and try to take my mind off it. 

maxine

When i lost my beloved dog,MAGGIEMAY,in 2002.i found this site that got me though the grieving of losing her.

A LOVED ONE IS NOT GONE UNTIL THEY ARE FORGOTTEN!And to live in the hearts of those left
                   behind is to live forever.

www.in-memory-of-pets.com
                                   Have a box of tissues ready....and yes i still grieve for her.

phxgurl

:'( makes me think of my blond lab lady. she was always there for me when i was living in a bad situation. i miss her so much.

Bunnie

Motley.... I found this poem while I was looking for others... wanted to share with you.. Hope your cat gets better.. I have a blonde lab named maggie may :) shes 9 months old and I have a cat as well, 8 years old.. siamese.. he is known as the cat from H*ll..

Four Feet in Heaven
Your favorite chair is vacant now...
No eager purrs to greet me.
No softly padded paws to run
Ecstatically to meet me.

No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry
Will say it's time for feeding.
I've put away your bowl, and all
The things you won't be needing;

But I will miss you little friend,
For I could never measure
The happiness you brought me,
The comfort and the pleasure.

And since God put you here to share
In earthly joy and sorrow;
I'm sure there'll be a place for you
In Heaven's bright tomorrow...

- Alice E. Chase

IndianLover

Wow, those touched my heart so much they made me cry  :'( and think about how much i miss my Cocker Spaniel "CJ", been over a year now since she had to be put to sleep, but I remember the good times and know she isn't in any more pain....

~Dazz~

Bunnie.... I just read the poem I Stood By Your Bed....thank you so very much for posting this. I had to let my beloved yorkie, age 13 years, go & be with God in Oct. after he got so very ill with a brain tumor & seizures. For 2 days & night we laid curled up together & I wouldn't leave his side for an instance until I could bring myself to do what he deserved & let him have his pain gone. He was such a special fellow & will always be my "little man" {as this was my "pet" name for him}. I'll never forget him & I still cry everytime I think of him....but I smile when I think of all the love & time & special memories we had together. So, again I thank you Bunnie for the poem....because I know my lil man will always be with me in heart & spirit.

Motley

Thank you Bunnie for the poem.  I did bring my precious Delilah into the vet today and she's up for surgery on Monday.  They tested one of the lumps and it looks like an infection but there is one they are worried about, they think it could be mammary cancer.  I pray it's not that.   :(  They are going to remove them and then I'll know more by Monday night, I'm beside myself with worry.  And as it would be, my husband who is always tight with a dollar, is just as bad with worry, he even handed me extra money in case it costs more to save her.  Delilah is his baby, actually the only one of the four we have that actually likes him.   >:D  I know this is long but I have nowhere else to vent.

nchillbilly

I found a nice poem tribute if you do a search for "rainbow bridge"I found this after i had to have my best friend my cat( mimis) put to sleep because she had cancer..She helped me through so much she showed up on my doorstep the same day that our son died.I miss my dear friend so much....

~Dazz~

I found it for anyone who would like it

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

fuzzyferrets

I love my master; Thus I perfume myself with this long-rotten squirrel.

I lie belly-up In the sunshine, happier than you ever will be

Today I sniffed many dog behinds - I celebrate by kissing your face.

I sound the alarm!
Paper boy-come to kill us all - Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

I sound the alarm!
Garbage man-come to kill us all - Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

I lift my leg and whiz on each bush .
Hello, Spot - Sniff this and weep

How do I love thee?
The ways are numberless as my hairs on the rug.

My human is home!
I am so ecstatic I have made a puddle

I Hate my choke chain - Look, world, they strangle me!
Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack!

Sleeping here,
my chin on your foot -no greater bliss - well, maybe catching cats

Look in my eyes and deny it.
No human could love you as much I do

The cat is not all Bad-
She fills the litter box with Tootsie Rolls

Dig under fence-why?
Because it's there. Because it's there. Because it's there.

I am your best friend,
Now, always, and especially when you are eating.

My owners' mood is Romantic - I lie near their feet.
I fart a big one.
Life is good.
author not found

Bunnie

The cat is not all Bad-
She fills the litter box with Tootsie Rolls
Thanks fuzzy.. that was just too funny.... I am glad you shared it... might have to copy a few of them in my scrapbook..  ;D

starbabydoll75

Thanks for that website Maxine. My cat was accidently hurt really bad a few weeks ago by my own dogs. We let them out at night and they thought it was a possum in our back yard and attacked it. When they realized what they did they tried to help her. But it was to late. They always play with her.They had broken her back I think because she was like paralized from the middle to her hind end. I didn't even really plan on keeping her when my other cat had her litter of kittens but she was sick and I took her to the vet and she had a cyst on her eye. The vet said that the meds that she was giving me probably won't work to heal it(there was a 3% chance they would)and she would probably have to have surgery to remove the cyst.So I decided to keep her and nurse her back to health and get her the surgery if she needed it. Well the meds worked and she didnt need sugery thank God. So she had been with me ever since till a few weeks ago.She was my Baby.She was only about 1 1/2 yrs old. We didn't have the money at this time to take her to the vet because my fiance has just started a new job after getting laid off. :'( So I just held her for the longest time and then let him take her to get put to down. We have her burried out at his daddies house. And the poem Rainbow Bridge I love that. It made me cry. My animals are like my children becasue i can't have any myself. I have step-children but I didn't get to raise them from babies. My animals I did. I know weird ??? I know this was long but oh well..lol. I have a habit of that sometimes and I really am not over it yet.

Bunnie

I know where you are coming from Star.. i can't have children either.. my baby girl (puppy maggie) is my baby and my son.. well hes a cat... the fiance thinks im nuts.. but he cant have children either and he calls maggie his baby girl or he says "hows daddys girl" All these poems I have found make me cry.. :( sigh

Jeffer

I was going to post a certain cartoon, but I didn't want to do it without permission...

Instead, I'll post the website.  All dog lovers will get a few laughs out of these....

The "Canine Fear Factor" and "Anatomy of a Canine Brain" on the last page are the best..

http://www.offthemark.com/dogs.htm

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview