Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tips for Spades badge

Started by LadyMystik,

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMystik

Anyone have any? I have 2 that help, but won't always win it for ya. Just kinda speeds things up.

1. Always select to 'end round early if scoring outcome has been determined'. Sometimes it helps finish off hands for you.

2. If playing with people you know, have the person with the best hand (and no Ace of spades) bid nil. Then, everyone else helps that player get rid of their cards without taking any tricks. This way, it only takes 2 hands to win the 250 point game. You just have to share with the people your with, and get that badge!

Hope this help, and any other tips are appreciated (I only have 5/8 so far) :)

romeo

homelessdog

You can switch seats as much as you want.  If you're near the end of the game and you're losing, if there's an open seat on the other team, stand up and join the winning team. 

You get credit for the win, even if you wait until the last hand to join.  Just don't wait too late, because sometimes it a few hands will go by before they sit you in the new seat. 

If playing against computers, you can switch seats to sabotage their hands and then jump back.

I wouldn't recommend any of this if you're playing a serious match against people, but if you're just going for your badge or playing against the computers it's makes for easy winning.

Tazzy

Most of the games I play with the bots, I usually bid nil.  The bots are programmed to win as many as they can to get their bid, so you can usually use that to your advantage.  Very rarely do I have to actually bid, but when i do, I just bid 2 or 3.  Also, when you set your table, go to advanced options and change the minimum bid to 0.  That way, if you want to bid nil and the bot bids 3, you can still do it.

rhino

homelessdog

Quote from: wtfyou666 on February 17, 2005, 11:01:51 AM
Silly Question: how do you switch seats?  Stand Up is never an option for me...the button is darkened and unavailable. :(
There has to be at least one other human at the table to stand up.

travypooh

I am not sure if anyone else is having the same issue but I have no idea how to play spades. I tried to run the auto and I still lost. LOL.  There are just a few games that I don't get like Hearts which I am assuming is like spades and also backgammon. I am totally lost with that one.  There was a really nice player trying to teach me how to play and was walking me through it but I still had no idea what was going on. 

Some of the games like Canasta, pinochle, and gin I figured out by playing with robots. I feel bad for the people trying to help me seeings some of the games are kind of hard to explain. I have read the how to play things but I am still clueless. I am not complaining it just seems some games are a lot harder than others.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview