PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:13:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

does P still purge

Started by kotraquin,

Previous topic - Next topic

kotraquin

I recall it was like every wednesday from 6am-6:30am  PST or something like that and what do they purge? if anyone knows.

Homer

I don't know that the weekly shutdown is to purge anything. I always thought it was for maintenance and update of the website. Although I'm sure at some point they must purge their data.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

kotraquin

Quote from: John on February 21, 2004, 06:09:44 AM
I don't know that the weekly shutdown is to purge anything. I always thought it was for maintenance and update of the website. Although I'm sure at some point they must purge their data.
what would constitute maintenance ?

badcrazygirl

they must be fixing the website and the bugs in the games

Homer

Quote from: darkearthgoddess on February 21, 2004, 11:23:35 AM
they must be fixing the website and the bugs in the games

I agree with darkearthgoddess. I should have mentioned there are 2 kinds of shutdowns by pogo. The usual one is for about an hour. I believe that is for what darkearthgoddess has already mentioned. Periodically they close down the site for approx 8 hours. This happens approx once a month I believe. I would think the purging is taking place during the longer shutdown as opposed to the shorter one. I guess we'll never know for sure unless one of the spies would care to chime in on the subject.

How about spies? Any comments?

badcrazygirl

well i'm pretty sure thats it i mean wouldnt you wanna fix some bugs in a game that nobody can play

kotraquin

Homer

You probably wouldn't know about any issues unless you work for pogo or happened to be in a room that had issues. Things like the game freezing, lagging chat and probably much more.

kotraquin

KittyKat

Homer

KittyKat

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview