This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Pope

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I see the Pope is back in the hospital again.

(AP) - Doctors have performed an operation on Pope John Paul II to ease his breathing problems, the Vatican said Thursday. The pope, who appeared to have rebounded from the flu, suffered another breathing crisis and was rushed back to the hospital Thursday. Italian news agencies had reported he was to undergo a tracheotomy, a procedure in which doctors puncture a hole in the throat and insert a breathing tube.

Could we be seeing the white smoke coming out of the chimney soon? ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bob@pogopal

Quote from: Homer on February 24, 2005, 01:27:39 PM
If you sleep with dogs your bound to wake up with fleas and no tokens.

Hey! I resemble that signature remark! My dogs don't steal no tokens! Milkbones, t-bones and sausages--yes, but no tokens.

Homer

LOL I am referring to another kind of dog. :o *WOOF*

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BadgeHelpOscar

I didn't read all of Homers post and skipped down to Bob's and was like....

The pope slept with dogs?
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

RocknRollGirl

Hi all, I wish the Pope all the Spiritual Guidance The Lord can give him, because what they had to do with him means he is being kept breathing by life support.  Please keep him and all of us Catholics in your prayers.
Bree
PS: Feeling a little better since my mom made homemade Beef and Vegatable Soup and some nice Chicken and Dumplin's a friend suggested.

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: Barbara on February 24, 2005, 11:23:36 PM
Gotta love that home cooking from Mom. Honey, I have been so worried about you. I know that it sucked to be in the hospital. I am glad to have you home and back in the forum.
xoxoxo
Barb

Thank you so much Barb and I am really glad to be back and be able to see what has been going on in the forum.  I think the combination of Good Ole Home Cooked Meals and the strength of friends is what kept me going.  Thanks for the welcome back.
xoxoxo
Bree

Jinx55

Quote from: RocknRollGirl on February 24, 2005, 11:16:45 PM
Hi all, I wish the Pope all the Spiritual Guidance The Lord can give him, because what they had to do with him means he is being kept breathing by life support.  Please keep him and all of us Catholics in your prayers.
Bree
PS: Feeling a little better since my mom made homemade Beef and Vegatable Soup and some nice Chicken and Dumplin's a friend suggested.

Ditto on prayers for The Pope, Bree--Bye the way the Beef and veggie Soup helped me too-and you must be psychic, I just got my Wife  ALL she needs to make me Her 'Famous' Chicken n Dumplins--actually Her Mom's Recipe--Mom's never really die as long as their Recipes are kept Alive-Ya think? :) 8)

kazandchip

I am not a Catholic ,well technically I am as I belong to the High Church of England ergo I am not a Roman Catholic but I wish him all the best wishes. I do think that abdication should be allowed though.Too much pressure for the poor Pope

Snarechick

Trach. patients are not mandatorily put on life support because of the procedure.  At first yes, due to the underlying reasons for the procedures i.e. severe respritory issues (and even Sleep Apnea).  After the symptoms are lessened, however, they can come off of a respirator.  It's not always meant to keep the patient alive in most cases(the machine is doing all of the breathing), but simply assists the individual's abilities to breath. 

Also wishing the Pope a speedy recovery.  I am also a catholic.  My grandmother has been to Rome twice to see the Pope (and sight see of course, it's beautiful there!) and held a private audience with him along with a group of fellow church members a few years ago. 

RocknRocllGirl- Want to send some of that soup this way?  I spent most of last night in the ER thanks to this flu business, I've had enough of the chicken soup already. :P  Hope you feel better!

RocknRollGirl

Snarechick, I would love to send you some good home made beef and vegetable soup that my mother made your way and hope for you to have a speedy recovery.  I know how it feels to be in the hospital and to feel like death is knocking at your door.  I wish you a very speedy recovery and some nice home cooked soup.
Bree

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview