PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:00:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Holdem Cheat Program Is A Lie

Started by WillMoon,

Previous topic - Next topic

WillMoon

Hi all,
Many poeple have been recieiving a pogo mailer that says there is a program that allows other people to see your cards...
Its not true. Think about it... Lets say I am at a table using IE, Billy Bob has AOL, Suzy Q has Mozilla firefox, Johnny has netscape, etc...
All use differnt java platforms...
So this magical card seeing program would have to intercept simultaneoulsy all these packets in real time to analyze what cards are where... and display them to you? Not likely!
Pogo servers cant even keep us connected well enough to see our own cards! To think that six could be displayed simultaneously is ridiculous...

Many have heard about the "black card"... Thats not at all ominous. Pogo has to coordinate the data transfer to each player, and has many variables, comp speed, connection variables, and different java types to deal with...
So the default is a black screen which is filled in with a value that equals the card that you have in play on the board. Things dont always time out perfectly due to the forementioned variables... so Pogo substitutes the "lack of info" with the black space until the information of what the card is reaches your screen.

I have heard a lot of accusations, "brilliant" theories and suppostions... But I havent seen ANY actual evidence of this fabulous program...
And that is simply because it does not exist. It cant. And it wont.
If someone had one, you think it would stay secret long? hardly.
There are lots of really good programmers in here... Lets hear from an expert, please. (I admit Im not an expert, but I did consult with a few when I first heard about this)

Yes, there is an auto poker program, but it doesnt allow you to see the other players cards... it raises and folds according the what the programmer thought would be good poker. (which may or may not be true, you have to judge that for yourself)

There is nothing that will allow another player to see your cards, period.
Can anyone PROVE me wrong? Put up or shut up... Ill sit at a table and you tell me my cards. Do it and Ill give you a 150 million tokens. (I won that many in poker the honest way and was accused of having this cheat program many times) It wont happen, this is a myth invented by people who suck at poker to justify why they lose so much.   :D
Enjoy your poker folks, Ill see you at the tables ;)

Willmoon

fuzzyferrets

Jeffer

I agree.  To me the most damning evidence against such a cheat is that if it did exist, someone on this forum would have more than third hand anectdotal evidence...  I don't believe that regular members would use one, but someone would have more than "I heard on a chat room that someone in a Holdem room talked to someone who had gotten an email from someone that knew about this cheat..."   :-X

Well you get the idea... The whole thing has all the markings of an urban legend..

Jeffer

Now I'm going off topic a little, but have you seen the TV show "Mythbusters"?  They actually used a pig's stomach (detatched from the pig) and tried to get it to blow up by pouring in a six pack of Mountain dew and 5 packs of pop rocks and then sealing it up...  Disgusting and cool at the same time...

No it didn't work..  Wasn't it Mikey from the old Life cereal commercial that was supposed to happen to?  I'll bet you he's the one that we should be talking to... ;)

TiddleWink

Quote from: WillMoon on February 14, 2005, 07:14:49 PM

I have heard a lot of accusations, "brilliant" theories and suppostions... But I havent seen ANY actual evidence of this fabulous program...
And that is simply because it does not exist. It cant. And it wont.

All I can say is....my evidence of this program can be found in The Da Vinci Code
LMFAO  >:D

EZ

TiddleWink

Quote from: Jeffer on February 14, 2005, 08:08:24 PM
Now I'm going off topic a little, but have you seen the TV show "Mythbusters"?  They actually used a pig's stomach (detatched from the pig) and tried to get it to blow up by pouring in a six pack of Mountain dew and 5 packs of pop rocks and then sealing it up...  Disgusting and cool at the same time...

No it didn't work..  Wasn't it Mikey from the old Life cereal commercial that was supposed to happen to?  I'll bet you he's the one that we should be talking to... ;)

Love that show......as for Mikey getting killed by the leathal combo of pop rocks and mt. dew..never heard that one...but then again...i have been to busy playing my Beattle albums backwards... lol

EZ

LustyPirateWench

Thadius856

I'll stick to my Dark Side of Oz, thank you very much. :P

Crispy Critter

Easiest way to "see" your opponents cards is to have a friend to "watch" them.  They can see their cards, and IM you what they are.  No cheat program needed.

scooby33671

Quote from: Barbara on March 04, 2005, 09:02:35 PM
Do you really think there are poker players that are stupid enough to sit there and allow someone to watch their hands like that for any length of time?

no, Because they are't stupid for some to watch them for an hour or 2.
They can leave to a diffirent table   :-\

homelessdog

I don't know where you guys are getting this from, but from the instructions:

"Options:
Allow players to watch game [yes]:
Allows other people in the game room to join your table as a watcher and view your game in progress. Watchers can never see another player's cards."

TiddleWink

Quote from: homelessdog on March 05, 2005, 03:48:36 AM
I don't know where you guys are getting this from, but from the instructions:

"Options:
Allow players to watch game [yes]:
Allows other people in the game room to join your table as a watcher and view your game in progress. Watchers can never see another player's cards."

oh sure go and read the rules now...lol

Ez

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview