PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:27:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

proof my account was using auto

Started by muncherPOGO,

Previous topic - Next topic

irisheyesRsmiling

Hi all, just thought id throw my 2 cents in, if you use a auto and win a prize, why are ya surprised that Pogo would audit ur account? I mean, everyone here tells use that when u use an auto, u run the risk of getting caught and banned, and that u have to use common sense when using them, i mean really, use them, and accept the fact that if u win, ur probably not gonna get ur prize.  Thats the risk u take when using them, right? I don't use autos, cause I'm cheap for one thing and second, I'm really too afraid to use them and get caught and lose my account, i love this place cause of the people and the super info ive learned, i don't care either way if people use autos, its their choice. But in the end, who cares if ya win the prizes, i just love playing on pogo for the fun of it. ;D

IrishEyesRsmiling O0

muncherPOGO

but how can pogo say u used an auto if u win tokens playing their games .like high stakes poker or texas hold em.they say u cant transfer tokens but if u and a friend want u can give all ur tokens away and how would pogo know unless u tell them i just played high stakes poker and gave my tokens to my friend .then say u do give them away to ur friend ur friend win jp pogo says u used auto.but ur friend never used auto just because they went from 75,000 tokens to 1,564,139 pogo can accuse him of using auto if so then pogo should put limit on how many tokens u can earn in a day .or close the poker tables.i feel srry for some1 that wins jp in texas hold em and high stakes if they win lots of tokens and hit jp pogo can say they used an auto and never pay them .pogo should put that in the rules regardless if u win legitly or not the final say is up to us whether u get the prize or not.and if they could really tell u were using a cheat .then y when they block u they say write customer service and all they say u used auto device but get around the question that u ask to c proof u used auto their response is its not available to me.its not available i won a prize i feel they should have to show proof of auto device .publisher clearing house was made to change the way they did things now they cant tell people they won they say u could be the winner.plus they made it look as if the more u bought the better chance u have to winpgo does the same they want u to play games but if u r playing more than the average person u r using and auto so when u win they dont pay because all they have to say is its in the rules using autos is against our policy u forfit u winnings .thats y i want proof because it is misleading to tell some they have a chance to win a prize and when u do pogo dont have to pay so wheres my chance to win if pogo says i use autos.when some1 murders they dont say yes i did it they say prove it. i say if pogo said i used an auto they need to show proof.pogo cant prove it thats their way to save money look at the jp's that been at 4999.00 for months.

philinuk

i have too totally agree with everything barbara says
barbara always tells it like it is.if there was an award for member of the month barbara would win every single month,good on your barbara O0

Jeffer

As everyone knows there are few fans of Pogo's business practices on these boards.. However, I have to agree with Barb...

The telling item is  claiming you've won over $1500 in drawings.  The entire board would be hard pressed to produce more than a single drawing winner.  For you to have won multiple drawings infers that you have entered millions if not tens of millions of tokens to do so.  This in itself would draw very close scrutiny from POGO.

The other issue is if we are referring to the law (and I am NOT a lawyer) we are referring to business law and not criminal law.  When you started your POGO account, you agreed to Terms Of Service (i.e. TOS).  You may not remember doing so, but you did at some time click a checkmark that said you did.  Because of this you entered into a contract with POGO where you agreed to abide by their rules.  Those rules basically say that you are in a contract where you're only recourse against them is to cancel the contract.  They give themself the right to deny service or payment on their side...

Thus the situation you are in.

Like I said, I don't agree with everything POGO does and I think that they will eventually get hit with some sort of class action against them.  But you are obviously in violation of TOS and don't have much recourse.  Like Barb said, you should feel lucky you didn't also get banned.

muncherPOGO

if i used cheat then this would have happened and it didnt- (We pogo do audit everyone who wins a prize on Pogo and Club Pogo. When we do find cheaters we immediately forfeit the prize that they've won.) pogo says- (Names on the Recent

Winners page are for

prizes that have already

been claimed by the

actual winner. That

means that someone with

the same first name and

same last initial won,

and has claimed, that

prize. Prizes that are

not claimed do not show

up on the Recent Winners

Page.
which clearly states my name was on recent winners page so i had legitimate claim .

muncherPOGO

muncherPOGO

yes
i entered only 10,000 each drawings i didnt win everyday or every month or week they added up it supposed to take 6 2 8 weeks so yes in between getting checks i would have won several times adding upto 1500.00

muncherPOGO

the name i won under was a non club name so there wouldnt be a badge

IndianLover

i still don't understand how 10,000 tokies in drawing got 3 wins for you geez you must be one lucky person

Kashmir6449

I don't know if this would do any good, BUT, if I were to win a jackpot spin in a game, the first thing I would do is clear the stats from every game I've ever used an auto in.  It says when you clear the stats, they are no longer retrievable.  I wonder if Pogo uses a backup for stats, just for the purpose of examining someone's account.

Of course, that's assuming I'd ever get a jackpot win, and I think I'd have a better chance of winning the state lottery anyway.

fyrebreather

what you say about clearing stats sounds good, kash, but living with a computer guy has taught me one thing--they can find out everything. it takes them virtually no hard drive space and no time to track everything you do on their game site.

i think this whole issue is childish--pogo has the right to withhold winnings from whomever they feel doesn't deserve it for whatever reason. if they even vaguely think that a person could've violated the TOS, they have an obligation to the rest of the players to NOT award the prize--if they don't enforce their own rules, they face the possibility of a whole other set of lawsuits.

irisheyesRsmiling

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0    I agree totally with you Fyre!!! Rules are set up for a reason!! :D :D :D :D

Cretick

I would also say that clearing all your stats immediately after winning a prize is suspicious in itself ;)

Jeffer

Barb followed up on my points well enough so that I'm not going to say much more. 

My point wasn't directed toward someone who was simply lucky.  But there's a point where multiple winning WILL draw attention to you.  If that's the case, you can expect for your play to be closely examined.  And if you've been using auto's at that point, you can expect to be denied payment at the very least.  That's not "scamming" on Pogo's part.  It was part of the agreement to start with.

To quote Forrest Gump; That's all I have to say about that.  My intention wasn't to instigate an argument, but I do stand by my statements.

muncherPOGO

To quote barbara "According to the Pogo TOS, all winners are verified."So if this is true then y they verified i was legit and put on recent winners list as pogo claims to get on recent winners list u have to be verified that u won legitimately and u will receive your prize.y haven't i got my prize.all i wanted to show is pogo uses those auto devices as excuse to not pay prizes.

to quote "Names on the Recent Winners page are for prizes that have already been claimed by the actual winner. "

again a quote from pogo"We do checks on jackpot and prize winners for various indicators of someone using cheat programs. If we determine that any prize winner has used a cheat program at any time, we disqualify them and cancel their account."

Quote pogo "Unfortunately, you can't transfer tokens between screennames or combine the tokens from all your accounts into one. We suggest cashing in the tokens on the screennames you don't want so they don't go to waste."

so what Pogo's saying is if i play some1 in high stakes poker and they decide to let me win all their tokens I'm using a cheat because pogo has no way to transfer tokens.

also why after not receiving my prize three weeks after they said i was to receive it and i complained was i accused of using auto devices.
they claim i was verified at time but now i inquire why if i won i never got it im accused of using auto?
It's called not wanting to pay so we have backup excuse to not pay.

FlippantOne

I don't know about anyone else, but I could give a crap less if I won money, for more than one reason, the main one being I've used autos up and down inside and out forever, and wouldn't expect to claim a prize anyways.  I mean seriously, all I really care about is the badges, in fact I would love NOT to win anything in the spinner except for tokens and screensavers/wallpapers, knowing that I wouldn't be able to claim a cash prize without losing it anyways..

Douglas

Same here, FlippantOne.  I've turned into a badge hoarder, no thanks to Barbara.  LOL!

Adacia

I haven't personally used any autos on my acct. , but a friend of mine that plays for me sometimes I know has. It's been a while back, but know she used auto to finish my last few ranks of tri peaks. Also, I used the wordjong glitch when it was out. This friend also managed to get my last three spider solitaire badges in one day without asking me if it was okay. We exchanged a few words over that one.
 Point is, I know better than to try and claim any winnings I would ever be so lucky as to get. If by some miracle I won a double jp at $4900.00 I dunno what I'd do. The temptation would surely be there. I don't see that happening and hope it doesn't. Think of the anxiety lol.

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: Barbara on March 07, 2005, 09:19:30 PM
I would not even attempt to claim it. I would duck and run, lol.

To funny Barb, but I would do the same thing....lol.
Bree

homelessdog

Quote from: muncherPOGO on March 07, 2005, 12:53:25 PM
To quote barbara "According to the Pogo TOS, all winners are verified."So if this is true then y they verified i was legit and put on recent winners list as pogo claims to get on recent winners list u have to be verified that u won legitimately and u will receive your prize.y haven't i got my prize.all i wanted to show is pogo uses those auto devices as excuse to not pay prizes.

to quote "Names on the Recent Winners page are for prizes that have already been claimed by the actual winner. "

The list of recent winners contains everyone who claimed a prize.  It does not mean that everyone on that page recieved the prize, just that they won it in a jackpot spin and responded to the confirmation message.  Account auditing takes place later down the road.  They may not ever get the prize that they won if it is later determined that they violated any of the terms of service. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview