PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:56:50 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Turbo Tax Help

Started by eajcfoots,

Previous topic - Next topic

eajcfoots

Hi all-
       I was just wondering if anyone knows about this software? I go to do it online at there website but we dont have any credit cards or checking account or any of that so we cant. And were tired of going to someone and doing it just cost too much for us. So, I was looking at the turbo tax software disks that you buy in the store, and the software disks that you buy in the store is that the same, that they offer online at there website? And do you just download the software and then print out papers and mail your taxes in and your done or what?  :-\
       Thanks in advance for any help :D

Homer

Even with the software I believe there are some filing costs you need a credit card for. Unless maybe they changed things. ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Adacia

My room mate does turbo tax every year. He says to check up on the website and see if you can send a money order to pay turbo tax. He says you don't need to download any software. Just use the website and print the taxes when done. Mail them in to the IRS. They will send you your refund check.
   I was under the impression that you could get charged out of your refund, but guess it doesn't work that way. He said that there is a help desk on the site with numbers to call and such. You should be able to make payment arrangements through that.
   Last time I did my taxes I called some 800 number and it was free to do that way. I don't know the number, but you should be able to find any info through a google search. Hope this helps even a little.

Homer

You might be right. I don't exactly recall how it worked last year. ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Adacia

I just did a few internet searches and found something called telefile. Look up ' telefile' through a google search and see if it's a better option for you. I think that's the way I did mine last time and it was free.

Jeffer

Here's the site for the "free file" option the IRS offers.  I used it one year to file my daughter's taxes for her.

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html

Many state tax sites also allow you to file for free online.  Do a search for "Your State" & Internet Filing to see if your state has one..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview