Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Public message to Barbara...but proud to share

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

:D  I just did something fantastic today. I titled this to Barbara because we are both word whomp whackdown pros.
           I never before mentioned that I create crossword puzzles as a hobby. I'm 32 now and have been at it since 13. Just got word that my music crossword sold to a European magazine. I got a little less than $100 but finally got published. I honestly don't know where yet, but my mother has given me the news. I just wanted to share it. She said that I'll be getting snail mail contract to sign for a monthly publication.
             With computer crosswords I'm amazed I got recognized. It makes for a very nice easter gift. Barbara has been encouraging me to get that golden carrot badge and my motivation is back in triple.
             I want to say to Barbara a big loud Thank You! When pogo reset my stats from 18thz to apple I lost interest in not only word whomp, but crosswords or making them up. This forum has motivated me to start over and not look back and that's what I did.
             I know we're not like close friends or anything, but your help pushed me. I never even told you I made crosswords because I didn't think they mattered. Just want to say Thanx for the push and the motivation. I'm 20% 16thz right now  :D  I think I can do this golden carrot yet.
              It may take a little while, but as soon as I get the publication in hand I'll put it on this topic. And Barbara. Tyvm...I owe you half this $100 lol

RocknRollGirl

That is great news Adric and Congratulations.  Keep up the good work for it will take you far and beyond your dreams!!  I love to do crosswords puzzles, but I am not that great at them.  I know Barb, and she is a great inspiration to all of us here on the forum.  Thumbs up to you both.
Bree  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Kelly

WTG Adric! Congratulations to you! Barb is just the best...she's helped me in such a great way and many others too.....this forum just wouldn't be the same without her....kudos to you both!!

Jeffer

Congratulations!  If you do what you enjoy you will always succeed. O0

LadyMystik

Adacia

Tyavm for the nice responses. Sorry if I went a little overboard with the opening topic, but was really excited lol. The one that made the sale was a 25x25 grid, Barbara. I usually make 19x19's. This one was dealing with music from the 80's down and had a few of the longer titles in the puzzle. I also like to design odd shapes (snakes, stars, trees, etc) that aren't just in a box formation.
   That's very impressive that you have created crosswords too. Why am I not surprised? ;D  When I get the puzzle back I'll try and post it here through a link if you'd like to take a stab at it. This one sold to some European music review mag that has a monthly publication. I'm not even sure yet what the title is. My mother has a crossword designer program that she took to make my puzzle look professionally done. She basically made it happen for me.
    Anyways, thx so much again for the positive responses and happy pogo playing  :)

Adacia

16thz....31%. Wasn't on pogo much yesterday, but aiming for 17thz by weekend.

Topher

Congrats!!!  This site is filled with nice people who are willing to help and answer questions, and Barbara is one of them.  She's so special and helpful and wonderful and lovely.  Oh my, i need a tissue, i'm getting misty eyed.

sonic126

Congrats on the puzzle being published. so this is dedicated to all the word buffs out there and is good to know :)
ahem here we go. some intersting reading regarding the english language you may or may not know. and would be good crosswords words along with there clue. More on this or anything you want to know about can be found at the wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page)

sonic126
<Begin paste>

There is only one common word in English that has five vowel letters in a row: queueing (2 vowel sounds).

The place-name Knightsbridge has six consonant letters in a row (with four consonant sounds), as do the compound words latchstring and catchphrase and the word "borschts". Twelfthstreet has seven in a row; it is normally two words but is sometimes used as one, as in a song title.

There are several words that feature all five vowels in alphabetical order, including abstemious, abstentious, facetious, arsenious, and (the shortest, at eight letters) caesious. Considering y as a vowel, the suffix -ly can be added to the first three. Thus the shortest word containing six unique vowels in alphabetical order is facetiously (11).

The shortest word containing the five regular vowels is eunoia, at six letters, followed by sequoia at seven; but neither has them in alphabetical order.

The longest word with one vowel is strengths, packing six consonant sounds into a single syllable. The words psychorhythms (13), polyrhythms (11) and rhythmless (10) are longer, but each clearly uses the letter y as a vowel.

Bookkeeper has three consecutive doubled letters.

Despite the assertions of a well-known email prank, modern English does not have three words ending in -gry. Angry and hungry are the only ones. (See external links for discussion.)

Dreamt is the only English word that ends in -amt. In American English, which prefers dreamed, there are none.

Aa, a type of lava, consists entirely of a doubled vowel. The word is of Hawaiian origin.
<end paste>

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview