PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:44:41 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Faith Manages

Started by I R 1337,

Previous topic - Next topic

I R 1337

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." (2 Cor 5:7 KJV)

I was watching a rerun of an episode of Babylon 5 in which it seemed like the entire cause was lost. One of the characters said to another. "We have no hope left." The other responded, "We have faith."

"But what hope do we have when all we have is faith?" The cynic asked.

And all the woman said was "Faith manages."

There is great truth in that statement. When all else fails in life, faith manages. When you are down to your last resource, faith manages. When it seems like your world is falling apart around you, faith manages. When everyone and everything you hold dear is lost or has deserted you, faith manages. In the good times, faith manages. In the hard times, faith manages. In the darkness of night, faith manages. In the desert places, faith manages. On the mountain peak, faith manages. In the valley, faith manages. When every human hope vanishes away, faith manages.

What are you facing today? Fear, depression, weariness, financial problems, marital distress, family problems, physical ailments, emotional distress? It doesn't matter, what matters is that you have faith in God. He said he will never leave you or forsake you. He said he would not allow you to face more than you can bear. He said that he is a ready help in time of trouble. He said that in the world you would have tribulation, but that he had overcome the world.

So, today, no matter what challenges life throws in your path, I'm here today to tell you in no uncertain terms: if all you have is faith, that's enough because when the darkness falls, FAITH MANAGES!

"Lord, strengthen my faith today. Remind me that there is nothing that will face me today that you and I cannot handle together."

--Source Unknown--

I got this little info from a forum at www.freelamo.com

I R 1337

no one is finacially ok, ty bush, lol , go to google.com type in miserable failure then hit im feeling lucky

I R 1337

anyone knwo hwo to put this into my signature and make it load? <a href='http://www.freelamo.com/'; target='_blank'><script language='javascript' src='http://www.dennislazo.com/waterwheel/freeadrianlamo.js'></script></a>

kotraquin

French Military Victories in google, I feel lucky,  is still the best

Element

sorry, but i dont believe in god or faith   :-\ i think the whole "god theory" is just a story of words people wanted to hear..and faith, the only thing i have faith in is my life and present time in this world.

but you know nobody really knows the TRUTH and if im wrong and there really is a god then "it" would understand my situation and my disbelife of "its" possible exstence :)

it just seems too basic,pure good - evil, haven - hell, god - devil, angel - demon.. it just seems like basic human thought   ::)

i just dont let anything "blind" me from other possible truths, such as aliens, and other universes, and time travel.. and i feel as if the "god theory" blinds people, it blinds them to not look at other "possible" truths out there.  

fatkid

Quote from: cgbcody on March 16, 2004, 05:55:21 PM
What are you facing today? Fear, depression, weariness, financial problems, marital distress, family problems, physical ailments, emotional distress? It doesn't matter, what matters is that you have faith in God. He said he will never leave you or forsake you. He said he would not allow you to face more than you can bear. He said that he is a ready help in time of trouble. He said that in the world you would have tribulation, but that he had overcome the world.

Mt 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Hmmm interesting food for thought... God forsaking his own son?  His own son's faith faltering in that of the Father? What's going on here?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview