PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:52:53 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

am I so wrong?

Started by pogopup,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogopup

Hello friends I have to know what everyone here thinks of this.

Recently I received 2 free guest passes and I thought of fun ways to give them to people but my first idea mad one lady mad I can't understand
why.

Here is the idea:  I went into a pool room that allowed "non-club" members, then sent a message in the chat box for everyone to see.
{Any non-club pogo members want to play best of three, I will give the first person to win my challenge A 5-day guest pass}
Right away this lady chats back with your rotten and I asked why she went on to tell me how I was selling this free pass some how.

What does everyone here think? Did I do something wrong?
I need to hear what the people in the comunity that I consider "Pogo Law" have to say for that is what matters most to me!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. you guys are the greatest! :D

abc123abc

Why would you give a stranger your password to play your challenge?  All they have to do is alter it and it is their account...

pogopup

Quote from: abc123abc on March 22, 2005, 07:13:35 PM
Why would you give a stranger your password to play your challenge?  All they have to do is alter it and it is their account...
I did not give anyone my password why do you think that?

Notquitecherry

I dont think it was so awful actually if i wasnt a member i might have took u up on it if u came to my room lol :)

fasterblaster58

Notquitecherry

I could be wrong but i think what they were saying was hey someone play me and whoever beats me gets a guess pass.  Which is no big deal  I think.  Just my opinion :-X

Ti

Quote from: Barbara on March 22, 2005, 07:22:02 PM
Well, you asked our opinion.  You were bartering a guest pass for someone to throw games for you.  If someone were willing to do that, fine.  Do I agree with what you did? Not really.  Should that woman have spoken up?  Who knows.  I wouldn't go around announcing in chat that I am throwing games for badges.  Sure, it is done all the time.  There is no reason though to memorialize it for Pogo to see. If someone turns you in and the chat logs are checked it could spell trouble for you.

How is she ' throwing games for badges '. I believe she offering a best out of 3 challenge to a non-club pogo member, if they won they could have a guest pass. There is nothing in Pogo TOS rules about it. If she was selling them, that would be a different story. Pogo gives us guest passes to do what we want with. You should re-read what she wrote, not to be rude or anything, but you are way off from what they originaly asked an opinion on.

pogopup

Quote from: Ti on March 22, 2005, 07:27:34 PM
Quote from: Barbara on March 22, 2005, 07:22:02 PM
Well, you asked our opinion.  You were bartering a guest pass for someone to throw games for you.  If someone were willing to do that, fine.  Do I agree with what you did? Not really.  Should that woman have spoken up?  Who knows.  I wouldn't go around announcing in chat that I am throwing games for badges.  Sure, it is done all the time.  There is no reason though to memorialize it for Pogo to see. If someone turns you in and the chat logs are checked it could spell trouble for you.

How is she ' throwing games for badges '. I believe she offering a best out of 3 challenge to a non-club pogo member, if they won they could have a guest pass. There is nothing in Pogo TOS rules about it. If she was selling them, that would be a different story. Pogo gives us guest passes to do what we want with. You should re-read what she wrote, not to be rude or anything, but you are way off from what they originaly asked an opinion on.
wow thank you so much for clearing that up! That is exactly what the deal was. O0

Ti

Sorry for calling you ' she ' pup, thought you were female lol

pogopup

Quote from: Ti on March 22, 2005, 07:38:24 PM
Sorry for calling you ' she ' pup, thought you were female lol
not to worry

pogopup

Quote from: Barbara on March 22, 2005, 07:34:38 PM
Um, I assumed he meant "win my challenge" as going for badges, sorry.  I now see your point.  He was challenging people to play pool with him and if they beat him he would give them a pass.  I wish I would have been there to see this.  I would have called Douglas in on this and then it would have been interesting.
So barbra do you think that this is wrong? I value your opinion

maxine

anytime you need help with a challenge just YELL.always willing to help out.

pogopup

Quote from: Barbara on March 22, 2005, 07:56:41 PM
Sorry that I misunderstood you.  I am a badge-a-holic and when I see the word "challenge" I perk up and go to my badge page.  Do what you feel comfortable with.  I've played with Bob, Douglas and Homer and I have two levels of play, really good and "oopsie" what the heck was that?  I have to get back to work now because I still owe Douglas $2,356.93 on my pool bets.
no hard feelings actually that helped me see why this lady got so mad, she probably took it the wrong way as well, but she never did realize that I was not asking people to throw games for me.

Douglas

Quote from: Barbara on March 22, 2005, 07:34:38 PMI would have called Douglas in on this and then it would have been interesting.
I sit here and read this, all I can do is just laugh.  Thanks for the props, Barb dear!  :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview