PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:38:39 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bad ways to use autos

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

Upon playing lottso there was a player that was most likely careless with auto. I spent 3 hours playing. This player never spoke at all thru a round. Thing is, round 10 would end. Every single time game was done this player would go...

...wtg
  ...ty

'''wtg
  ...ty

It was so automated looking, especially as he wouldn't respond to anything people said when he won or was asked questions. Yes, he carried the scarecrow rank 40 poppit badge by his side lmao.

Is this an auto fart on his part? I love hearing these stories. I have 277 badges to date and do not use auto. I respect it though and am not a snitch. It's funny though watching some1 get stupid like that.

homelessdog

Is there an auto that does that, type WTG and TY over and over? 

If he was using an auto, it wasn't Robottso. 

I like the Robottso auto because it hardly ever gets the top score, so I don't have to worry about getting up from the couch to go type "WTG" and pretend like I care who won. 

Maybe he just got tired of the endless chattering and started copying and pasting WTG and TY all the time because that's what some players expect you to do regardless of whether you actually care to congratulate someone.  I could see myself doing that.  :P  ;)

Aftermath

Quote from: homelessdog on March 24, 2005, 11:00:36 PM
...copying and pasting WTG and TY all the time...

You can't copy and paste on pogo's chat.

jrp

Isn't funny how some people know when people are using auto's when in fact they are not, Just because a person does not """chat"""" which is usally I am sick, my dog died or I love you hon. I dont chat and only use an auto for tumble bees, I like to play and win not watch and talk

berlinman

Ever imagined there might be people from non-english-speaking countries that just do not understand more english than maybe "wtg" and "ty"? AOL-customers are all over the world - and millions of them do not speak english - still many of them take part in pogo games - so they might be able to find out how the games work, but might not be able to understand a lot of that chatting slang. For me, I am German and I am not always able to follow the chat because of many expressions and abbreviations we do not learn at school or university.

Just a thought......

A much worse way to use an auto is to cover the high score list from place 1 thru 100  ;D

goatblls2006

But if that auto were in a room where no one was chatting, it would just say WTG...TY...WTG...TY all the way down the chat record.  That would be hilarious! ;) :D :D

punkandslim

Quote from: jrp on March 26, 2005, 10:28:58 AM
Isn't funny how some people know when people are using auto's when in fact they are not, Just because a person does not """chat"""" which is usally I am sick, my dog died or I love you hon. I dont chat and only use an auto for tumble bees, I like to play and win not watch and talk

How does pogo feel about that?  Sometimes I close my chat because it freezes up my game.  Does that mean I am using an auto?  How about in their eyes?  Because I don't.   ;)

mn_curvydiva

Quote from: punkandslim on March 26, 2005, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: jrp on March 26, 2005, 10:28:58 AM

How does pogo feel about that?  Sometimes I close my chat because it freezes up my game.  Does that mean I am using an auto?  How about in their eyes?  Because I don't.   ;)

Ummm who cares what Pogo thinks...chatting is NOT required in their TOS and frankly it's none of their business.
I sometimes close out chat too just because I do not care to be bothered with some of the seemingly endless nonsense some people spew for an hour at a time LOL
Nope on the chat issue Pogo has to mind it's own business(yeah right)unless someone is violating the TOS by swearing etc

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview