Main Menu

Cakes,Recipies and whatever ya can think of lol

Started by JustNutsAboutPogo,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooper2092

Behold- The power of Spam:

Spam and Mc N Cheese
Prepare one box of Kraft Mac n Cheese according to directions
Cook 1 can of spam as you normally would- cut it into cubes and mix into cooked mac n cheese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBQ's SPAM kabobs:Ingredients
-   12 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes 
-   1 (12-ounce) can SPAM Classic, cut into 36 cubes 
-   1 (30-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained 
-   1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce

***Thread cubes of SPAM and pineapple alternately on skewers. Grill over hot coals or broil, turning often, until lightly browned and warmed through, about 5 minutes. (Can also be browned in skillet.) Just before serving, brush kabobs with favorite barbecue sauce.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spam Cantina Appetizers

Ingredients
-   1 SPAM Classic (12-ounce) can cubed 
-   1/2 cup chopped green onion 
-   1 tomato chopped 
-   1/2 cup chopped celery 
-   1 avocado peeled and chopped 
-   1/2 cup CHI-CHI'S Picante Sauce 
-   3 tablespoons chopped parsley 
-   1 tablespoon lemon juice 
-   1 tablespoon peanut oil 
-   1 teaspoon garlic salt 
-   12 (8-inch) flour tortillas

****Directions
In skillet, sauté SPAM until lightly browned. In bowl, combine green onion, SPAM, tomato, celery, and avocado. In small bowl, stir together picante sauce, parsley, lemon juice, peanut oil, and garlic salt. Toss dressing with SPAM mixture. Serve with tortillas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spam and Eggs:

Dice up 1 can of spam in a 12inch  skillet and fry it how you like it- crack open 4 eggs and scramble mixing in diced spam well.
Serve up with ketchip drizzled over top :-) YUM!

So there ya have it- Spam for every meal. Behold- The Power of Spam. Oh wait! I forgot dessert.....

SPAM CUPCAKES:

-   2 SPAM Classic (12-ounce) cans 
-   2 eggs slightly beaten 
-   2/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal 
-   3/4 cup milk 

-   For Glaze: 
-   1/3 cup brown sugar 
-   1 teaspoon prepared mustard 
-   2 tablespoons white vinegar 
-   1 tablespoon water 

-   4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes 
-   Snipped fresh chives for garnish

****Preheat oven to 350°F. For cupcakes, in large bowl, grate SPAM. Add eggs, oatmeal and milk; mix well. Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each muffin tin two-thirds full with SPAM mixture. Using the back of a spoon, lightly press mixture into tins. In small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and water. Lightly spoon glaze mixture over SPAM mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until mixture is set. Meanwhile, prepare 4 cups of instant mashed potatoes. Remove cupcakes from oven. Place oven rack 2-3 inches from heat source and heat broiler. Top each cupcake with potatoes. Return muffin tin to oven. Broil 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Garnish with fresh chives and serve. Tip: For best results, let cupcakes stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.

Jeffer

No Spam and Eggs?

Or Spam, Spam, Spam and Eggs?

Or...    :o

OK, You get the picture...

Actually Spam and Mac & Cheese was one of my favorite dishes in college..

GrumpyBear

pogoisevil

40 (yes, FORTY) cloves of garlic may sound like too much, but I assure you that this is the best tasting baked chicken I've ever had. And it is easy to prepare.

In fact, when the chicken is done, the cloves are sweet and tender and may be eaten whole.

40 CLOVES AND A CHICKEN

1 whole chicken (broiler/fryer) skinned, cut into 8 pieces
   (or you may use 8 pcs of skinless breast)

Olive Oil
40 peeled cloves garlic
½ cup white wine (or chicken stock/bouillon) McCormick Chicken Seasoning
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season chicken with salt, pepper and chicken seasoning. Toss with a 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown on both sides in a wide fry pan or skillet over high heat. While browning, add wine to empty baking dish. 

Remove from heat, transfer to baking dish.  Drizzle about 2 tbsp olive oil over chicken pieces, add a few more sprinkles of the chicken seasoning if desired. Place garlic cloves randomly throughout the pan. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.

Remove chicken from the oven, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes, carve, and serve.

Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hours 30 minutes

Hooper2092

Quote from: pogoisevil on March 29, 2005, 06:27:02 PM

Remove chicken from the oven, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes, carve, and serve.

..and for dessert? 15 pounds of mint chocolate chip ice cream  O0

phxgurl

Carne Asada

get a pound or so of thin sliced roast or round steak or any kind of beef ( shoulder meat is really the best)
put a layer down in a pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper sliced jalapenos sliced onions cumin cilantro and lemon and lime juice, repeat layering till all the meat is covered
cover the pan and marinate that sucker for at least a day in the fridge.

fire up that grill and cook that meat up. mmmm  good stuff.

serve with pico de gallo salasa and tortillas

pico de gallo salsa
couple of big ripe tomatoes chopped
med white onion chopped
jalapenos to taste some like it hot some dont
chopped cilantro
couple cloves minced garlic
salt and lemon juice
let it set in fridge for at least an hour

Homer

Philadelphia Creamy Basil & Tomato Pasta

3 cups chopped tomato
8 ounces of Philly Cream Cheese cubed
1/4 cup Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1lb. Linguine
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts

Toss together tomatoes, cream cheese and dressing. Place in fridge for 2 hours.

Cook pasta, drain and place in a large bowl

Add tomato mixture and pine nuts. Toss lightly.

If you want to perk this dish up a bit add 1lb cooked shrimp.

Serves 8 normal people or 2 Homers  :P

Yes ladies. This man loves to cook!

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

chetta

ok this is freakie i go away for a bit and come back to homer giving out recipies, oh god i cant stop laughing ;D
i hate to say this but that one apple cake, the orange pie and yes homer one if yours prob the fatting one with all the cream chesse i just might have to try O0

abc123abc

Barbara, thanks so much for the Orange Meringue Pie recipe, it was awesome!!

Homer

Quote from: chetta on March 30, 2005, 05:48:36 PM
ok this is freakie i go away for a bit and come back to homer giving out recipies, oh god i cant stop laughing ;D
i hate to say this but that one apple cake, the orange pie and yes homer one if yours prob the fatting one with all the cream chesse i just might have to try O0

See all that your missing. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

careoss

Hot Cheese Dip

Ingredients:
1 box (3lb) Velveeta Cheese  (cut into ½" or 1" cubes)
1 lb. Hamburger
1 lb. Pork Sausage  (Any flavor)
1 can Rotel brand tomatoes and green chiles mix (Any flavor)
1 can plain diced tomatoes
1 can chopped or sliced black olives

Preparation:
In a large frying pan, over low to medium heat, cook sausage and hamburger. Crumble any large pieces. Add a few tablespoons of water so the meat does not get crusty brown.  Drain.

In a 3qt. Microwave safe bowl put in the cubed Velveeta cheese. Microwave on 50% power for 5 minutes, stir and continue to microwave at 50% until melted.  Do not let the cheese burn. Keep stirring and always heat on 50% power.

Add cooked meat, Rotel, diced tomatoes & black olives.  Stir until blended.
Heat for an additional one or two minutes on 50% power.  Serve warm with tortilla chips or your favorite crackers.

Variations are endless with this recipe.
If you like it hot, use hot pork sausage and hot Rotel or add a small can of green chiles or hot peppers. Or use 2 cans of Rotel instead of the plain diced tomatoes.

For a milder version, use Extra Mild Rotel and plain pork sausage.

For a seafood version,  substitute baby shrimp and crab meat for the hamburger and sausage.

Take a few scoops of this dip and add it to scrambled eggs.  Or use as a topping on baked potatoes.

Have fun and be creative. The best recipes come from imagination.

chetta

when i worked for the department of defense we use to make something that all the time, it was great, that melted cheese yum
as a matter of fact, now that i think about it... thats about all we did was party ;D

pogoisevil

Beef Fajitas

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried crushed Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 pounds flank steak, fat trimmed
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 large flour tortillas
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic

In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the Worcestershire sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, cumin and coriander. Pour into a large zip-lock bag, add the steak, and seal. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for at least 12 and up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
Remove the meat from the bag and pat dry. Season on both sides with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes to warm and soften. Remove from the oven and keep warm in the aluminum foil.
Cook the steak over the grill to preferred temperature, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from the heat and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions, and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the garlic, remaining teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant and soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.

KMK92304

Hi everyone! I kinda need help... I have a party on Thursday at work and we have to bring something that is home made. Any ideas? 

;) Thanks!

gin

How about a fruit piazza?  It is wonderful.  (bananas, strawberries, kiwi,  manderine oranges, and any other fruit u want on it), with cream cheese on a sugar cookie crust.  Easy and taste delicious.   hmmmmm     Let me know know if it fits what you want and if you think u would like to try it. I will give directions.  Have a great party!       O0

KMK92304

Quote from: gin on April 05, 2005, 09:15:20 PM
How about a fruit piazza?  It is wonderful.  (bananas, strawberries, kiwi,  manderine oranges, and any other fruit u want on it), with cream cheese on a sugar cookie crust.  Easy and taste delicious.   hmmmmm     Let me know know if it fits what you want and if you think u would like to try it. I will give directions.  Have a great party!       O0

That sounds great! Can you PM or post the recipe/directions? Pretty sure I will do that if no one else has any suggestions... Thanks so much!   O0

gin

1 roll  sugar cookies
2 small blocks cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
juice from 1 lemon
chioce of fruits

spread cookie dough over entire cookie sheet until flat, bake until brown (follow directions from cookie dough),   mix cc, sugar and lemon juice. spread  on cookies
place fruit on top    EAT!!!!  you will love this

KMK92304

Quote from: gin on April 06, 2005, 05:07:41 PM
1 roll  sugar cookies
2 small blocks cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
juice from 1 lemon
chioce of fruits

spread cookie dough over entire cookie sheet until flat, bake until brown (follow directions from cookie dough),   mix cc, sugar and lemon juice. spread  on cookies
place fruit on top    EAT!!!!  you will love this

The only thing I changed on it was I used strawberry cream cheese. I put Strawberries, Mandarin oranges, Peaches and pinapple on it. Thanks so much, Everyone loved it!  (They all wanted the recipe!)

gin

So glad everyone enjoyed it KMK.  Makes me feel good that you used my recipe.  :)  Thanks for the tip on strawberry cream cheese. I never thought of it. duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview