PlayBuddy
October 02, 2024, 03:35:28 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

can this be proof that pogo tracks users here??!!

Started by pogopup,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogopup

Hello friends, :)

Today I found something incredably disturbing on my C drive while I was trying to find A user guide that I downloaded.

The file was named "plug-in 131_04-notepad" and was located in my > C:\Documents and Settings\my name/
:-\
when I opened the file in notepad it showed every move I made on the pogo pool table complete with: my ip add., time/date,
# of tokies, screen name...ect...ect..
also showed my opponents screen name and tokin count.

{ :-X I would post this file but it shows players ip's screen names and tokin balances.
(my opponent had a 7 digit tokin balance so I'm almost positive that she/he is part of this forum and uses well you know......lol...!!!) :-X}

goatblls2006

Quote...it showed every move I made on the pogo pool table...

WHat do you mean, was it a video file of you playing pool?  That is very weird.  I don't think pogo could legally put anything on your hard drive though, cause that would mean they have complete access and believe me, that is very illegal.  So I don't know where this file came from, but it's weirddddddddd :-\ :-\ :-\

touitsjesse

it would be against the law for pogo to pull any information off your computer without your consent or have any type of software/programs that did the same....so the answer to your question...no

pogo can only speculate that you are using an auto by unhuman feats in certain games...this is my understanding.

Homer

I believe what you are looking at is java info. Pogo can not view files on your pc unless you give it to them.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

kingkong316

I must admit I have never read the EULA. But if there is a provision in the EULA to install software/spyware then it is perfectly legal. How do you think kazaa and all of that get spyware and adware on your computer. They let you know but you have to look.

Pho3nix

The United States doesn't have a law that says someone cannot be in your computer (remotely) with out your consent, you may view or download anything to anyone's computer with out their concent as long as one person knows about it... but on trial they may not use anything they obtained from your computer with out a police/court issued warrant, or your permission.  I don't want this to make anyone scared, and im sure that i will have many people disagree with this, but it is true. but i honestly doubt that pogo will have any use of tracking your stats internally on your computer.

P.S. it is the same with recording things over the phone, or say videotaping someone, at least i know this is completely true in missouri, as long as one person knows that the video camera is on or the recorder is on, it is 100% LEGAL, recordings can be used in the court of law...

Adacia

Well, I know that this is going off topic but feels okay to put it right here. Did ya'll know if you want to find anyone all you have to do is go to google. Type in the person's full name followed by the state the live in or city. So long as you are listed in the phone book any axe murderer can locate you. Yes, this even comes with a map that puts a star on your home addy.
   I don't know about ya'll, but it makes me sick.

Adacia

Lmao Barbara. You know I love to fight the system, yet you manage to add life to the everything. O0  I am playing lottso right now. I cannot believe pogo still hasn't fixed the annoying jp noise.

pogopup

Thank you guys for the Info. O0

The file does track java, but if it has always been there why is this file not on my other laptop?why does this file only track my pool? (trying to record a double browser trick.)
and last but not least it was created and started tracking the day I used both of my lap tops to get both me and my wife our pool badges.

I am going to do a little more to research on this, I have a buddy that works for a computer programing comp. when he comes on 8)line i will see what he thinks and get back 2 you.
p.s. can anyone else find such a file in there pc? please let me know.

O0 Once again thanks for reading.

Kino

I have one on my computer in the same place called  plugin131_04.trace   but it won't let me open it.   When I looked up that file extension on the internet it said it was most likely a program used and usually the programs delete them but sometimes they are left on your computer.   

I seen on another site where they said this file was from Limewire or P2P programs and my daughter did install Limewire on my computer so it could possibly be from that.

pogopup

Thats what the I found out too thanks for the help in here you guys always seem to have at least 1 person here that can and is willing to help.

:D
Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on March 31, 2005, 09:22:10 AM
The file is a Java log file. In internet explorer, go to Tools->Internet Options... and click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down until you find the Java settings and remove the checkmark next to Enable Java Logging.

One more thing do any of you play at myleauges.com if you do don't download ANYTHING from there admin. help files
I had heard that one hosted a "Trojan" or something so I checked the old Lady's PC (Has a small league there) on the mac-afee online scan       results: 25 infected files >:D... nothing to hard to clean up though i used pc-cillin and that did the trick.
I wish people would just stop with the annoying file corrupting.

Oh and BadgeHelpBob you seem to know alot about this stuff. When I restart my other PC I get a message that reads (windows could not start because the file "<windows root>/system32\hall.dll." Is missing or corrupt please reinstall a copy of this file.)

misty2u

I am wondering...if u do a search on your computer for jar  amazingly all the games you play or played are listed with other things

pogopup

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on March 31, 2005, 04:58:30 PM
Never heard of hall.dll, but it sounds like you need to reinstall the OS.
Doing a quick google on hall.dll reveals lots of suggestions and tips by various folks including Microsoft:

http://www.techlearning.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=15600281

Are you sure it is not HAL.DLL ? There are a lot more hits for that on google.
Good eye that must have been a type-o.
I sure hope I can just reload just the one file. :-\
My OS still boots after the error message, It really doesn't even seem like anything is differant until I restart?
  :'(
who knows how long I went while running with this error, I've had the dang thing running for about 3.5 months without a restart.
If I would have never got that file with the "Trojan" from that help file download I might have gone without it for months!!!

QuoteAre you sure it is not HAL.DLL ?
There are a lot more hits for that on google.
*...........hmmm......* :o
wow thanks bob, ran a search for "HAL.DLL" and sure as sh%^$    "Windows XP Setup - Missing HAL.DLL... Many people (including me) have (had) problems with the file hal.dll when ... Computer displayed windows root\system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt, ... " First on the list!!!!! well I'm going to give this a shot wish me luck..... ;)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE O0

Bubbaslots

You know when you load a room in pogo and that grey sign comes up. Is it safe to click yes to get in the rooms faster. I'm afriad to click yes because i'm afriad they can check on my progress with games that way

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview