Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Terri Schiavo

Started by addict 2 pogo,

Previous topic - Next topic

addict 2 pogo

Snarechick

Thank goodness the main part of that whole ordeal is over and she has gone home.

TokenKeeper

That got hella outta hand over 45 ppl arrested even lil kid's..i think that was wrong how they let her die! R.I.P. Terri Schiavo

tvc

The way I look at this is       She is with GOD in heaven she is not suffering anymore i hope her parents can move on with that knowledge   

LadyMystik

After 15 years, she deserves to have peace. And, hopefully now her parents can accept her life is over, celebrate the time they had with her, and mourn their loss. The fighting and controversy are finally over. I'm not trying to glorify death, but now that the time has come, hopefully people can get back to their lives.

Jeffer

And if there's one good thing to come of this, it's that people have been made aware of the need for a living will.

Kelly

Quote from: Jeffer on March 31, 2005, 02:21:22 PM
And if there's one good thing to come of this, it's that people have been made aware of the need for a living will.

Jeffer you are so right on the money here!!
I am glad Terri is finally at peace I pray for the family now....I hope they can have peace and understanding among them now that it is over.

touitsjesse

To all the people that say that she should have never died,

I used to work hospice for over a year. I had to give it up because you see all the differant ways people suffer and die. All those that wanted her to live, NEVER had to see it or go throught it. I HAD to see it, i HAD to deal with it, everyday, it was my job. Not one of these people know what kind of suffering you see, feel or even how it really affects you mentaly as well. But your right, no one should have to suffer like that, but to see her finaly die i know now she is at rest and there is no more suffering. All i ever tell people that wish or say you better keep me alive, maybe you all ought to go volunteer at a hospice center for 2 weeks, than will you say let me die if that ever happens to me, i will guarantee it. I would never want to live like that nor would i want to put anyone i love through it. If its your time to go, go in peace, let Gods will be done. The ones that will try to sway your thinking are the ones making money off your suffering.

Kelly

I have been hearing a lot of stories about how Terri's husband is doing a lot of things to spite the parents and a lot of people are coming down on him....I say this...This man watched his beloved wife suffer for 15 years knowing in his heart what SHE wanted and had to battle the parents for those 15 years....I can only imagine his anguish.....I think the reason he's doing what he's doing now is a kind of pay back.....I don't agree with it but I do UNDERSTAND where it is coming from....he would do better to just let it go but as humans we are weak and often fall pray to our own anger....I pray for the entire family and hope they can one day resolve all their hard feelings.

Homer

I think it was for the best. It was time for everyone to move forward with their lives.

If there is a lesson to be learned from this it is that while you are still healthy should have a living will so people will know what your wishes truly are should you become terminal.

If you do not understand what a living will is I have attached an explanation below.

A living will is:

A document that sets out guidelines for dealing with life-sustaining medical procedures in the eventuality of the signatory's sudden debilitation. Living wills would, for example, inform medical staff not to provide extraordinary life-preserving procedures on their bodies if they are incapable of expressing themselves and suffering from an incurable and terminal condition.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

LustyPirateWench

Quote from: KsArt on March 31, 2005, 07:35:25 PM
I have been hearing a lot of stories about how Terri's husband is doing a lot of things to spite the parents and a lot of people are coming down on him....I say this...This man watched his beloved wife suffer for 15 years knowing in his heart what SHE wanted and had to battle the parents for those 15 years....I can only imagine his anguish.....I think the reason he's doing what he's doing now is a kind of pay back.....

I can totally understand where he is coming from. This was the most "celebrated" case of right to die. Even Karen Ann Quinan didn't get this kind of notoriety. These are just my opinions on the subject - sorry about my ranting.

1 : There are 30,000 other patients just like Terri in the USA
2 : For 14 years, her parent's never even HINTED at the fact that he was an "abuser" this was only added recently to garner more support
3 : This was a PERSONAL issue - not one that had even an inkling of  belonging in Congress, let alone an executive order from either Bush.
4 : This man will be labelled a MURDERER for the rest of his life, no matter WHAT he does or does not do.
5 : No matter where the funeral is held, no matter what the services, if her parents show up, they will continue the media circus
6 : Jesse Jackson is an ignorant fool who had no reason to be involved in this, other than he wanted to get in on the media hype to.
7 : The media sucked up this story like it was mana from Heaven.
8 : This poor woman didn't need to be dragged through life kicking. For the first 5 years of her "illness", Michael Schiavo did EVERYTHING he could to try to "rehabilitate" her. He took her to experimental clinics in California and called in docs.
9 : The only doctors who ever said that there was a chance of her being rehabilitated, were right to lifers and the two neurologists her parents hired to testify in court.
10: Hooray for Mr. Schiavo doing an autopsy. He's either a total idiot because it will show any abuse, or he is brilliant for wanting the truth to come out. I vote for the second.
11: Shame on the Catholics for inciting the HATE that has come about toward Michael Schiavo and his family (His sister in PA has been threatened that if Terri were to die, someone was coming for her and her whole family). These are the same people who espouse the Love of the Saviour.
12. Terri is in a much much better place than ANY of us can possibly dream of. If it was God's will for her to live - she would have lived.
13. My heart goes out to anyone who ever has to make this decision. I had to make it once, it was brutal. But I knew to let someone I loved go, so that they could fulfil their ultimate plan in the grander scheme of things.

I told my parish on Sunday - God loves us for what we are, He forgives us for the mistakes we make, all He asks is that we love one another.
In my book, that poor man loved his wife so much that he put himself through the scorn and ridicule of a nation for the last year or so. He was true to his word to her, and neither man nor money could sway him... and 10 million dollars is a LOT of swaying.

Did you know that the ACLU paid for his legal fees, while the Right To Lifer's paid for the fees for her parents?

Where is the outrage over the killings of teenagers on the indian reservation last week? Where is the rage that we should still have bout 9/11? I fear that just like those two incidents, this one will quickly be left in the dust when the next "Media Darling Tragedy" comes along...

LadyMystik

Schiavo's ashes will be buried in an undisclosed location near Philadelphia so that her immediate family does not attend and turn the moment into a media spectacle, said Scott Schiavo, Michael Schiavo's brother. A funeral Mass, a concession to the Schindlers, was tentatively scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh, how HORRIBLE of Michael. Wanting to avoid the media, yet still allowing (in a sense) for her parents to perform a funeral Mass.
{/sarcasm}

I mean, they get their religious (and what SHOULD be, personal) beliefs satisfied, just without the body.

I wish people would stop throwing this into a frenzy. She was a human being, just like the rest of us. Nobody deserves to be dragged through such battles as this, even after death.

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Jeffer on March 31, 2005, 02:21:22 PM

Unfortunatly a living will does not always do the trick. say you have one and express within it your wishes not to be kept alive, nor use of any horoic measures to save your life...an imediate family member (parents spouse child) can over ride it when you are in the hospital. They can keep you alive even if you don't wish it. Worked in a hospital and have seen it happen a few times before actually.

Homer

If you draw it up correctly it can not be over ridden the problem with most living wills are they tend to be vague and open to interpretation.

GrumpyBear

But, if the patient arrives in a condition that they can not let known they have a living will, and a decision has to be made right away, next-of-kin can do whatever they want! Just make sure your next of kin know exactally what you want, and that you want your wishes to be carried out, no matter what. Tell them you will haunt them otherwise.  :-\

Homer

I'll tattoo it to my chest. hard to misss there. ;)

Betty Boop

all my family has a copy of mine and so does my doctor in his files and i carry one in my purse that is in an envelope saying to any hospital personnel.........might be overkill but i know i am covered

Lady Golden Eagle

I have a Living Will and Medical Power of Attorney plus a Power of Attorney so business can be conducted.
Everything is very clear as to what I want, already told daughter if not followed " I will be back to haunt her"
LOL.   O0

KMK92304

Just one small comment on this...

The way Terri died was legally correct and morally wrong.

If it was me in her shoes, I would have wanted to die many years ago.

May she rest in peace

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview