PlayBuddy
July 07, 2024, 08:38:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Site claims pogo can detect using auto to play. Is this for REAL?????

Started by FrogmansGirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

FrogmansGirl

I was on this site. They claim pogo can detect if you are using an auto.PLEASE tell me this isn't so. This is the example (evidence) they gave. I don't think I'm allowed to name the site,
(please correct me if I'm wrong). Also they said pogo has a list of cheat users,... then said the list was to big to post. Enuf yakking here is their proof. lol (SEG)  >:D

Q: But can Pogo detect using an 'auto' to play?
A: Actually, YES! You've heard of the Java log that some people have been requested to submit? Pogo has very similar, albeit more detailed, logs they can use when they audit your account, to determine if you are using an 'auto'.

Q: Why does Pogo ask us to submit a Java log then?
A: Because, when you are trying to load a program and something goes wrong, like a 'Cripes!' error, the Java log will record what happened. This information is recorded by Java in the log, and is one piece of information Pogo needs to determine the problem, which they would not have otherwise.

Q: I still don't understand how Pogo can detect I am using an 'auto' to play!
A: To best way to explain, is to imagine the challenges: Clear 333 "peaks" in Tri-Peaks or get 21 "21"s in Turbo 21 or clear 3000 squelchies. Another way is to imagine your stats tab in your profile: Released 170,000 stones in Phlinx or 12 Red 3's for the game in Canasta or 9 "perfect pairs" in Perfect Pair. How do you think they are able to determine how many you have? Is it magic? NO! It's those logs they have. Java is a server/client language, meaning information is sent back and forth between Pogo and your computer, telling the server what is happening in the game.

Q: What sort of information is being sent back and forth?
A: If you want to see what type of information is being sent back and forth, enable and look at your Java log.
  A simple and basic idea is*:
join Word Whomp Whackdown: Topics: Need a Dictionary.
received puzzle: 1 ESGDNLSILL
found 2 time=19
found 15 time=19
found 14 time=13
found 19 time=20
found 6 time=25
found 7 time=20
found 1 time=8
found 10 time=12
found 17 time=19
found 9 time=24
found 16 time=31
found 20 time=15
wfinish
received puzle: 2
advance to 0
advance to 1
advance to 2
advance to 3
advance to 4
sfinish
received puzzle: 3 ESGDHEAEAP
leave room
*From receiving puzzle 1 to receiving puzzle 3, is straight from a Java log. While this isn't the complete information contained there, it gives you a basic idea. This and additional information is contained in the logs that are created and used by Pogo.

As you can see 12 words were found in the main round and advancement to the 5th (or last) word in the bonus round was made. You can also see which word was found (the 2nd word, then the 15th word, then the 14th word, as they are listed alphabetically, in the puzzle) and the time left when found.

Q: What happens if Pogo cancels my account for using an 'auto'. What can I do?
A: Have you been using an 'auto'? If you can prove you have not been using one, you can contact and provide this information to Pogo, and usually they will re-instate your account. Otherwise, you have violated their rules and there isn't much you can do.

Is this how pogo knows we're using an auto, or just another scare tatic. If so what can we do about it other than disable java logging??? Thnx for your time....  >:D

LadyMystik

I think most of us know what site you're talking about...lol ;)

Pogo CAN (if they look for the info) detect if you have done things impossible for any human (too many clicks per second, etc), but I think they only find that stuff out if they look for it. So, just be careful in rooms. Keep your stats average-looking, don't allow your name to flash at the bottom, etc.

I've used autos for a LONG time, and I've never been caught (knock on wood). And, I'm the kind of idiot that has set an auto to play WWW on the fastest speed overnight. Stupid, yes, but, I've still not been blocked.

Good luck! And, cheat smarter than I do ;)

Hooper2092

You know I have thought about that "list" time and time again. I imagine to myself what would happen if lets say this list does get published. Lets say that all our names are on that list. Now many of us wont give a rats behind, but that may be just enough for some of us to CANCEL our club pogo memberships and move on to some other addiction. If this list is so "HUGE" - I can only speculate that that would be a massive number of potential customers that would give pogo the bird on their way out the door. It would be foolish in my honest opinion to p*$$ off so many paying customers. That being said... maybe thats why we wont ever see the list.
Who wants to play on a game site where fingers are being pointed right and left? I think for the most part that *most* of the *everyday* players on pogo/club pogo have cheated at one point or another. I cant even imagine why anyone would wanna sit and play tattletale and point the finger all day long. I dunno... that's my 2 cents.

GrumpyBear

Just a theory, if you are really that worried about Pogo catching you using an Auto, maybe dont use them?!?! After all it is just a game! Anyone can obtain a free email adress and start a new name!! You should try to use percautions, such as changing rooms, don't run it all of the time, you know 24-7. I run one everynight overnight, and have never been caught yet, knock on wood. Although I don't allow it to run all day either.

Motley

It seems more often than not, Pogo bans those who have won a cash prize larger than the membership fee you paid, with the argument that an auto was used.  Are they going to look into a person's account who has won nothing but wallpaper, or are they going to look into the person's account who just won $4999?  If they can avoid paying the money, then they would sacrifice someone's $20-40 membership money and it's only a few people in this case.  But to go and randomly start banning 1,000's of people on a given day would be a bigger blow in their pockets.  Would I worry when I run an auto an hour a day?  No...but I would be worried if I started running one 24/7 and not to mention quite deserving of a ban, if not for the simple fact of being foolish. 

Janadra

I find "that site" and their proclamation of having access to a list of suspected cheaters hilarious. Let's just say, for the sake of saying it, that Pogo does have a list.  Why would they make it available to some site hole in the wall site that is in no way affiliated with Pogo or EA itself?  My theory is they have a list of screennames that they go from room to room trying to private chat or saying "wtg" to and receive no answer, or people with large token or badge amounts....period.  Morons.

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Janadra on April 06, 2005, 01:27:39 PM
I find "that site" and their proclamation of having access to a list of suspected cheaters hilarious. Let's just say, for the sake of saying it, that Pogo does have a list.  Why would they make it available to some site hole in the wall site that is in no way affiliated with Pogo or EA itself?  My theory is they have a list of screennames that they go from room to room trying to private chat or saying "wtg" to and receive no answer, or people with large token or badge amounts....period.  Morons.
Wow, now is that cheesy or what? Not everyone chats...no matter what!!

punkandslim

I turn chat off sometimes because Pogo freezes up when my chat is open.  They can't blame me for not having my chat open because of their stupid, sometimes unstable system that I PAY them to use!  Whew, I feel much better now.   ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview